Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hello folks! It's hard to believe that it has been over a week, that we were at the 2018 John Rock Hang. About this time last week Big Bill was hold up in an Extended Stay Hotel, while I was coming back from Indiana to pick him up. Even though that entire weekend seemed like an eternity, Big Bill is home now recovering nicely. He is off one more week and his knee is gaining more movement. We (our entire family) are entirely grateful to all of you for your involvement. My heart is full for all the time and effort that many gave to help my husband. Snwcmper, your GPS call, Foxpoop and PryoTim, Tacoma96, you are all incredible. But all those along the path that came to spend time with Bill while he waited, including the kids were appreciated. Big Bill, Little Bill and myself all send each and everyone of you our thanks.
    Setting all of this aside, we will truly enjoyed our weekend. Our first trek up to John Rock will not be our last. So great to spend time with friends and meet new friends, we have definitely found an event we can truly look forward to attending every year. There is nothing like the Enchanted Forest, nothing like the Runner's Club Saturday morning, nothing like the hike up the trail to the glorious John Rock, nothing like the refreshing waterfall, nothing like the friendly conversation and hotdog roast around the fire with great people, and absolutely nothing like waking up and going to sleep in God's magestic beautiful earth. Thank you Tacoma96 and FoxPoop for hosting this event. Till next time folks.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    "I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees."🌲🌲- Henry David Thoreau

Hammock
    WBBB, RR, Eno Dn
    Tarp
    WB SF, CB
    Insulation
    WB Mamba, UGQUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies, D Clips
    Quote Originally Posted by athenawise View Post
    Hello folks! It's hard to believe that it has been over a week, that we were at the 2018 John Rock Hang. About this time last week Big Bill was hold up in an Extended Stay Hotel, while I was coming back from Indiana to pick him up. Even though that entire weekend seemed like an eternity, Big Bill is home now recovering nicely. He is off one more week and his knee is gaining more movement. We (our entire family) are entirely grateful to all of you for your involvement. My heart is full for all the time and effort that many gave to help my husband. Snwcmper, your GPS call, Foxpoop and PryoTim, Tacoma96, you are all incredible. But all those along the path that came to spend time with Bill while he waited, including the kids were appreciated. Big Bill, Little Bill and myself all send each and everyone of you our thanks.
    Setting all of this aside, we will truly enjoyed our weekend. Our first trek up to John Rock will not be our last. So great to spend time with friends and meet new friends, we have definitely found an event we can truly look forward to attending every year. There is nothing like the Enchanted Forest, nothing like the Runner's Club Saturday morning, nothing like the hike up the trail to the glorious John Rock, nothing like the refreshing waterfall, nothing like the friendly conversation and hotdog roast around the fire with great people, and absolutely nothing like waking up and going to sleep in God's magestic beautiful earth. Thank you Tacoma96 and FoxPoop for hosting this event. Till next time folks.

Loretta it was great that you and your family made it all the way down from Decatur, IN to stay in the enchanted forest with us. It was great seeing you all again. Glad you all enjoyed the hang and hope you can make it next year. Definitely a week to remember forever.
    Straight out of Clayton.

Most physical hike: Grandfather Mountain, NC. Aug 13.

I don't need to make my pack lighter. I need to make my (_*_) lighter.

Hammock
    Double Dutch
    Tarp
    OneTigris hot tent
    Insulation
    HG burrow/incubato
    Suspension
    beetle buckles
    Images
    Loretta keep us posted on Big Bill's recovery. We love you guys and can't wait to gather again.

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    BigBill, can you now walk and without too much pain?

Hammock
    WBBB, RR, Eno Dn
    Tarp
    WB SF, CB
    Insulation
    WB Mamba, UGQUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies, D Clips
    Big Bill is up and walking with Loretta but his doctor is keeping him another week off work.
    Straight out of Clayton.

Most physical hike: Grandfather Mountain, NC. Aug 13.

I don't need to make my pack lighter. I need to make my (_*_) lighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacoma96 View Post
    Big Bill is up and walking with Loretta but his doctor is keeping him another week off work.
    Thank you Dennis. Doctor is watching him with weekly appointments. His progress is great. He is walking but slow. Icing and stretching out walking regularly but small journies. This has been a very good experience for him. Because of his visits, doctor has approached him about his sleep. He is now in sleep studies showing he is not getting adequate sleep. We are making great progress. So proud of him.

He will be signing up for hammock forums soon. So he can catch up with you all. Thank you so much for the inquiries. We will continue to keep you updated. Have a fantastic day!

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees."🌲🌲- Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by peeeeetey View Post
    Loretta keep us posted on Big Bill's recovery. We love you guys and can't wait to gather again.
    Thank you Peeeeetey. Please say hi to Debbie for us. Miss everyone and looking forward to another gathering sometime in the near future.

Hammock
    11 foot gathered hexon1.7
    Tarp
    11 ft winter dutch
    Insulation
    TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Spider Straps 1.5
    I talked to several people about the tea that I drink. One of you (shall remain nameless) can't get any more private messages, so I'll leave this info here https://www.facebook.com/AuditsFirst...03983981013236

It's a compilation of some of the research of the health benefits of the tea that I drink.

Update on Big Bill. Well 6 weeks after he slipped in the mud at John Rock, we have discovered that his quadricep tendon had separated from his knee cap. He has discovered this all in a week's time. So as of right now he is in surgery and I am waiting to hear from his surgeon.

During this 6 week period, he has seen his family physician regularly but still not able to lift his left leg. This has caused a handful of other trips to the floor. I'm so glad we finally know what is going on.

Dr. says 8-12 weeks recovery and lots of physical therapy. It may take longer if they cannot get the muscle tendon to pull down to his knee (patella), and use a cadaver tendon. Bill jokes about this and says he will then be a true dead man walking.

Will let you know how everything turned out. But I still can't tell you all how grateful we have been to have met such a great group of people. TY TY TY!

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    I hope it doesn’t hurt too much. It’s healing in hammock time—-or in bed dreaming of hammocks. We are nothing—if we can’t love.
    Maybe if Big Bill could get some of Trambo’s tea, he will feel better.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast