11 ft DIY 1.6 HyperD Diamd Ripstop
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps

IL > Pie Iron Hang > @ I&M Canal > Aug 24-26, 2018

Who: Trailz & Karla "with a K" are co-hosting a hang for up to 10 campers (that's about all we have room for at this spot)

What: Since Trailz isn't familiar with pie irons and Karla "with a k" doesn't use her irons enough, we will cook all meals with pie irons! And hammock camping of course! There is room for tents if you have a ground dweller you'd love to bring with.

Where: I&M Canal spot. Directions here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

When: Friday, Aug 24 @ 2pm - Sunday, Aug 26th (after bkft)

Why: Karla has a concert to attend on Friday night in Morris, IL and didn't want to camp by herself. So, she'll find a co-host and help coordinate a hang just so she doesn't have to face those raccoons alone.

Details: Sign up sheet is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ydV_KxlnoNX-YnuWAaUeoNjgGk6CUckezu_-vuBcQKY/edit?usp=sharing

Meal breakdown:

Everyone should sign up to help out with one of the group meals.

Friday dinner - on your own - we know people will arrive at all sorts of times. No need to rush to camp to make it by dinner time. Just arrive when you can. If you want to pack your dinner and eat a camp, Karla will have her pie irons there.

Saturday breakfast - Bacon, Egg, & Cheese Pudgy Pie - Some version of this recipe: http://50campfires.com/pie-iron-egg-...st-sandwiches/

Saturday lunch - Turkey, Apple, Cranberry Pudgy Pie - Some version of this recipe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK48B3_7_Hk&t=278s

Saturday dinner - Garlic Spaghetti Pudgy Pie - Some version of this recipe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIu-gp8u3AI

Saturday dessert - Apple Pies - Some version of this recipe: https://www.auntmillies.com/recipes/...on-pudgie-pies

Sunday breakfast - on your own - I'm sure there will some leftovers we can cook up - and feel free to bring anything else you'd like to eat

Other Important Info:

- The cost is $6 per person per night. A ranger will come along to collect money. You must have cash and you must have exact change.
    - Everyone needs to bring a bundle of wood. If you are not driving in and can't bring a bundle of wood, please hollar so you can pay someone else to grab an extra bundle.
    - The nearest water is filtering from the canal (or most people) fill up at the McKinley parking lot faucet/drinking fountain and hike it in.
    - Mosquitos can be a pain with a windless summer evening.
    - The raccoons are fearless and big. All food needs to be put away in the evening.
    - Some find earplugs helpful. The barges coming down the canal can be loud and since we hang close together at this site so can those who snore.
    - The pit toilets are large enough for changing clothes and storing food in overnight.
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 99 months

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie 0* /Snugpak
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Alright, who are we kidding? Karla "with a K" did ALL the work! (thanks Karla "with a K").

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailz View Post
    Alright, who are we kidding? Karla "with a K" did ALL the work! (thanks Karla "with a K").
    Awwwh, thanks buddy! But we both know who I've been constantly texting to confirm everything!!! Thanks for running with me on this one!
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 99 months

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    OK, signed up for arrival on Saturday morning...

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie 0* /Snugpak
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Well, that was a not-good surprise... My wife and college daughter informed me this past weekend that move in day at NIU is on August 24th. So now it'll be Saturday arrival for me. Sorry Karla.

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailz View Post
    Well, that was a not-good surprise... My wife and college daughter informed me this past weekend that move in day at NIU is on August 24th. So now it'll be Saturday arrival for me. Sorry Karla.
    OH NO! I just have to believe someone else will be able to hang on Friday night. Otherwise, I fear those raccoons will get me!

Hammock
    DreamHammock Darien
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Inc
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    We all fear those Raccoons. Hell even when everyone is around. They are fearless. This is a bit of a ways out for me to commit but I am going to see how things go. Havent made it out this year to that location. About time I see how the shelter is doing
    -- dither aka lowlatency

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    If anyone coming has an extra bridge hammock, I've got someone who is interested in trying one out. He is a stomach sleeper.

I think my extra underquilt would probably work for it.

Depending on weather, we might need a tarp too.

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    I may be able to swing Friday night, but not sure as of yet.

Hammock
    DreamHammock Darien
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Inc
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Karla, well I wasnt able to firm up this date since my oldest Birthday is tomorrow and we are having a last minute Bday party for him on Saturday.. next time.
    -- dither aka lowlatency

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast