Quote Originally Posted by Dynamystic View Post
Interesting topic. I was just contemplating almost exactly along these lines the other day for making a new hammock for my 6 mo old. I was thinking of a noseeum mesh pocket like you described, integrated into the hammock with perhaps a knotty mod type elastic suspension in the mesh to draw the insulation closer to the hammock if needed. Might even work as a pad pocket? Make the pocket out of a breathable waterproof fabric and it might serve as a quilt protector as well?

I understand the concerns about compression, fiddle factors, and the possibility for the insulation to puddle to the center but it would certainly be convenient to have a hammock that I could insulate by tossing in any blanket, etc that I happen to have lying around. In my opinion, a little insulation compression would be better than cold air seeping into a gap. The idea of a little loft up "pillow top" insulation on the top side of an underquilt is another good idea for the cold air gap that I'd never thought of.

Tacblades, I'm very curious to see what you mock up. I've been meaning to put something together but have been totally preoccupied with another project and haven't gotten to it. Maybe this weekend I'll try to see what I can do.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Cool what i can never except is that what exists today is the only way. For me there is always innovative and many different ways just waiting to be discovered.

This might not work but its just another step on the road.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk