Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Some people have all the luck.....good story
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    In Florida, we learned many moons ago to always have the tarp pitched if you have any gear under it.

Don't give up the cool nights you have. Just adapt and overcome. We have a hang coming up in 2 weekends and we love our Summer hangs. Too much fun not to enjoy the hammock all year.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Get a hot tent, but run a window AC unit in that bad boy!

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Smckinney0031 View Post
    I have literally sat here at work and laughed out loud, my patient thinks I am nuts. The nurses think I am nuts, but man you crack me up
    Oh, you wants laughs do you? Start with this little gem : https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ock-by-spiders! . And I'll post links to the others ( you didn't honesty think that was the only one did you? HA! ) as I can find them. But a heads up, one involved getting an actual earwig in my ear, another was the night I got attacked by a rabid raccoon that tried to eat my face off and most recently while doing trail maintenance on my section of the Mason Mason-Dixon trail with Jellyfish and Tigglet , having a dozen or so adult Deer ticks on my upper body & H harness , and well over 2-3 HUNDREDnymph Lone Star ticks on my Permethrin, Picardin and 50% DEET treated boots, gaiters and legs. So if you want a good laugh or to make your own bad luck seem not so bad anymore, you've found the right guy lol. Now, if I could just get someone to turn it into a book or movie, I'd be set! I would take every penny from what I'm positive will be a "best seller" and move somewhere that has permafrost and/or the shortest summer possible to escape all the savage hell spawn and creatures of the night that are constantly attempting to take my life via poison, tooth, blood sucking and brain eating . I would then live out the rest of my days in the style of Richard
    " DĄck" Proennoke ( https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=...cizf0wrCw1C0-V ) , George Washington Sears " Nesmuk " , and Horace Kephart , but inside the world's largest but net. I'm sure the wife and kids would come to visit every once and a while as long as I left them a healthy bank account before ceremonially burning my current abode and property to the ground and disappearing into the aether. I would invest in Sawyer's and also start research on how to kill ALL insects globally. I would make whoever wants to write my tale unbelievably rich I know that! LOL. And I've only been hanging for 3 years now.... It could be a whole series of books or movies eventually !!!!
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    Juniper or Walhalla
    Tarp
    Trailheadz winter
    Insulation
    20° Etherial
    Suspension
    Straps/Breeze buck
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    Oh, you wants laughs do you? Start with this little gem : https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ock-by-spiders! . And I'll post links to the others ( you didn't honesty think that was the only one did you? HA! ) as I can find them. But a heads up, one involved getting an actual earwig in my ear, another was the night I got attacked by a rabid raccoon that tried to eat my face off and most recently while doing trail maintenance on my section of the Mason Mason-Dixon trail with Jellyfish and Tigglet , having a dozen or so adult Deer ticks on my upper body & H harness , and well over 2-3 HUNDREDnymph Lone Star ticks on my Permethrin, Picardin and 50% DEET treated boots, gaiters and legs. So if you want a good laugh or to make your own bad luck seem not so bad anymore, you've found the right guy lol. Now, if I could just get someone to turn it into a book or movie, I'd be set! I would take every penny from what I'm positive will be a "best seller" and move somewhere that has permafrost and/or the shortest summer possible to escape all the savage hell spawn and creatures of the night that are constantly attempting to take my life via poison, tooth, blood sucking and brain eating . I would then live out the rest of my days in the style of **** Proennoke ( https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=...cizf0wrCw1C0-V ) , George Washington Sears " Nesmuk " , and Horace Kephart , but inside the world's largest but net. I'm sure the wife and kids would come to visit every once and a while as long as I left them a healthy bank account before ceremonially burning my current abode and property to the ground and disappearing into the aether. I would invest in Sawyer's and also start research on how to kill ALL insects globally. I would make whoever wants to write my tale unbelievably rich I know that! LOL. And I've only been hanging for 3 years now.... It could be a whole series of books or movies eventually !!!!
    You post the reat as you find them and I will keep reading

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by OneClick View Post
    Get a hot tent, but run a window AC unit in that bad boy!
    Hmmm, I like your thinking. I do have the boathouse that I could put an a/c in if I cover up all the screens with plywood or replace with windows. Maybe just get a large Black Bear type shed and turn it into a year round " hang house" of sorts? I could install an a/c , small wood stove, mini fridge, racks and bins for gear storage, multiple anchor points for different hammocks, wifi , hang a bug zapper from each exterior corner, hermetically seal the entire structure and erect a "sally port" of sorts at the entrance so no nasties can follow me in. Man cave? No. Hang house? HELL YES! Great idea Click!
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Smckinney0031 View Post
    You post the reat as you find them and I will keep reading
    Will do!

Hammock
    Juniper or Walhalla
    Tarp
    Trailheadz winter
    Insulation
    20° Etherial
    Suspension
    Straps/Breeze buck
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    Hmmm, I like your thinking. I do have the boathouse that I could put an a/c in if I cover up all the screens with plywood or replace with windows. Maybe just get a large Black Bear type shed and turn it into a year round " hang house" of sorts? I could install an a/c , small wood stove, mini fridge, racks and bins for gear storage, multiple anchor points for different hammocks, wifi , hang a bug zapper from each exterior corner, hermetically seal the entire structure and erect a "sally port" of sorts at the entrance so no nasties can follow me in. Man cave? No. Hang house? HELL YES! Great idea Click!
    I wanna hang in that lol

I have a bug tent that can be used with a hammock inside it:

https://www.eurekatentscanada.com/pr...50?s=section_4

Basically the 2 zipper ends of the bug tent have triple zippers, use 2 zippers to snug around hammock suspension and 3rd zipper to open close the doors for entry and exit. You'll still get some bugs inside the main tent I'm sure so I would still use a hammock with bugnet cover.

I bought this in Canada but probably similar products state side.

The current lighter version of the VCS 13 is called the no bug zone, mesh is no longer detachable from the tarp:

https://www.eurekatentscanada.com/pr...35?s=section_4

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I don't know if you are over-exaggerating, Chesapeake, though I suspect you are. However, if I found out that you were going to a group hang I was previously scheduled to go to, I would probably cancel. Your kind of drama is not my idea of fun.

Don't feel bad though - I would never camp with my wife. She's a drama queen that would put you to shame! She screams hysterically - hard to beat that. And she likes to call the police - imagine calling the police on a spider, or on bird droppings? She would do it in a heartbeat.

My wife: "I'd like to report bird droppings on my hammock. I'd like these birds arrested."

Police: "Excuse me?"

So please, don't plan on going to the Loco Libre Hang in November, or the post-Thanksgiving hang, or the NJ Winter Hang. Those are my favorites and I would hate to cancel!
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast