Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    Starfish Comet, egad-mother of pearl——
    Say it ain’t so, Starfish
    You know...if you ain’t in a hammock on time change weekend—you gonna be sleepy till next spring time change weekend at Yates. See you then!

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    At Yates, homeless encampment is gone..
    I hope he finds warm dry shelter.

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    Noobs and old pros alike—feel free to post here with each other for Saturday Breakfast. Join in—just for fun, or no.
    I apologize for lack of a spread sheet and minimal planning. In my defense, Yates is a Laid Back Hang. And you are free to talk up Saturday Breakfast with Peeeeetey. Or you can rustle up your own victuals—cowboy style.
    When the sun sets Saturday—I gonna show you how to “Purdy Boil” in a mountain minute. No bets over three trillion$$$ 3000000000000

Did I get correct number of zeros?

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D

NC > Yates Hang > 1 2 3 4 November 2018

Posts that answer many questions you might have. Post # 1 66 136 160 161 172 173 180 181 188 193 194
    You are Yates
    As a group we can be free to add, delete, or modify any contests. Prizes will be awarded to top placers and our esteemed judges.

Camping too close to vault toilet can be too stinky,
    especially after dark. I don’t know why it seems to stink worse in darkness.
    In some area there are healthy patches of poison ivy and poison oak.
    So far this year—-there has not been a controlled burn of undergrowth—-yay, less soot on my gear.

If you think your GPS might fail. Do not turn off that app for any reason—if you leave that app to make a call etc. —-then you might not be able to access your navigation app in low or no service area.
    As you go south on 109 you will pass on left The Farm—large pastures used by off-roaders. And you will pass on right at same time EldoradoOutpost camp store, gas station and great place for ice, drinks, bathrooms, simple cooked (deep fat fried foods) meals and camping supplies. After passing ElDoradoOutpost go 5 miles You will see a brown sign Yates Place then turn right on Correll Road, go to end turn right on Dusty Level Road, Yates Place Family Campground about a mile on left.
    Sign for Correll Road is hard to see—on other side of road up next to a tree. Correll only goes to your right.
    Camping too close to campfire can cause lack of sleep. Karaoke can last till midnight or 100am Saturday night.
    Last edited by Phantom Grappler; 10-15-2018 at 23:33.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly-Custom
    Insulation
    HG Econ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    All Sorts of
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Grappler View Post
    Posts that answer many questions you might have. Post # 1 66 136 160 161 172 173 180 181 188 193 194
    You are Yates
    As a group we can be free to add, delete, or modify any contests. Prizes will be awarded to top placers and our esteemed judges.

Camping too close to vault toilet can be too stinky,
    especially after dark. I don’t know why it seems to stink worse in darkness.
    In some area there are healthy patches of poison ivy and poison oak.
    So far this year—-there has not been a controlled burn of undergrowth—-yay, less soot on my gear.

If you think your GPS might fail. Do not turn off that app for any reason—if you leave that app to make a call etc. —-then you might not be able to access your navigation app in low or no service area.
    As you go south on 109 you will pass on left The Farm—large pastures used by off-roaders. And you will pass on right at same time EldoradoOutpost camp store, gas station and great place for ice, drinks, bathrooms, simple cooked (deep fat fried foods) meals and camping supplies. After passing ElDoradoOutpost go 5 miles You will see a brown sign Yates Place then turn right on Correll Road, go to end turn right on Dusty Level Road, Yates Place Family Campground about a mile on left.
    Sign for Correll Road is hard to see—on other side of road up next to a tree. Correll only goes to your right.
    Camping too close to campfire can cause lack of sleep. Karaoke can last till midnight or 100am Saturday night.
    PG, thank you for always taking care of us, even before the hang! You are absolutely right in that the people are what make the hang, and you're one of the best! Looking forward to seeing everyone again!
    "The world is a complicated place Hobbes"
    "Whenever it seems that way, I take a nap in a tree and wait for dinner"
    -Calvin and Hobbes

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    I’m attending a bit of a family reunion so I won’t make it - and I hate to miss this one

Any newbies watching this thread and on the fence about attending - just go. This is a great hang and you can learn a lot by seeing other setups and talking to folks.

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    Tallpaul, you are a legend round these parts. We watch your videos. Some of our noobies have never caught a glimpse of you and your family.
    Well we’ll see you at Spring Yates, as long as you’re using a 2019 calendar LOL

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    Bobo, somebody told me, they was gonna get you to judge one of our contests. I think they wanted to remove top competition right out the gate.
    Bobo, are you gonna talk it up with peeeeetey about Saturday’s breakfast. If nobody will talk breakfast up and Volunteer to bring something and someone else bring another piece of the pie..
    Then peeeeetey will feel extra bad when my “Purdy Boil” shows up first.
    The sound of crickets is making me lose my appetite (impossible)

Temperatures are looking perfect.
    This can be our payback for past weather anomalies at Yates...right PappyAmos!

Hammock
    Double Dutch
    Tarp
    OneTigris hot tent
    Insulation
    HG burrow/incubato
    Suspension
    beetle buckles
    Images
    He double hockey sticks no! I have a Shug Purdy Boil sticker at risk in this matchup! And it is autographed by THE SHUG!

Hammock
    Double Dutch
    Tarp
    OneTigris hot tent
    Insulation
    HG burrow/incubato
    Suspension
    beetle buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Grappler View Post
    Bobo, somebody told me, they was gonna get you to judge one of our contests. I think they wanted to remove top competition right out the gate.
    Bobo, are you gonna talk it up with peeeeetey about Saturday’s breakfast. If nobody will talk breakfast up and Volunteer to bring something and someone else bring another piece of the pie..
    Then peeeeetey will feel extra bad when my “Purdy Boil” shows up first.
    The sound of crickets is making me lose my appetite (impossible)

Temperatures are looking perfect.
    This can be our payback for past weather anomalies at Yates...right PappyAmos!
    PG you can eat crickets!

• + New Posts
  • Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast