1.2 MTN
    Tarp
    12' DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Kevlar strap

Am I the Only One

Head left, head right. Feet higher, level. Left side, right side. Bridge, GE. Short, long, wide. Still or swaying. None seem to matter to me.

It seems I’m greatly in the minority here. And I’m not even a very good sleeper in general. But I can sleep in any hammock I’ve tried so far, in all the different materials, without issue.

I can’t get comfortable in a bed anymore though. It’s too flat...
    Last edited by No-sage; 07-04-2018 at 17:37.

Hammock
    Dutch 11 foot
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Diy uq phantom32
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks/
    Images
    I can't stand sleeping in the same position all the time. I generally change sides that I lay on two or three times a night, I do prefer my feet being up higher than my head but there's no way I could buy a dedicated hammock that would only allow you to sleep one way. I also found I like my Ridgeline to be about 6 inch longer than 83%. I've been sleeping in a hammock every night for going on 2 years now and though occasionally I do have sore heels and a little stiffness in the shoulder and neck, my back is a thousand times better and makes up for any other aches or pains. After bulging a disc and pinching a nerve about 15 years ago, my chiropractor is amazed at the difference in my skeleton alignment since I switched to a hammock and I've only had to go to him 3 times in the last 2 years, before it was about once a month at least and I still woke up sore every morning.
    By all means, let's argue about whether or not a hammock will hurt a tree. All the while ignoring the fact that there is an island of garbage the size of Texas floating in the Pacific ocean. Or how about the fact that over 75% of the world's nuclear reactors are leaking...

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    I’m similar. I can sleep in a variety of hammocks as well.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    11 Ft Dutch Hexon 1.0 Sidezip
    Tarp
    12 ft HG Quest
    Insulation
    3/4 Phoenix20
    Suspension
    Spiderpolybeetles
    I am sleeping head left foot right in bed now for some reason.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    I envy you as I sleep like a baby in my Warbonnet Ridgerunner but fight to get a flat lay in a gathered end no matter which one I try. As far as head left or right it doesn't matter as I flip like a fish on the dock so I end up in so many positions that I cover them all.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge /Draumr
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    PolyStraps/Huggers
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    I envy you as I sleep like a baby in my Warbonnet Ridgerunner but fight to get a flat lay in a gathered end no matter which one I try. As far as head left or right it doesn't matter as I flip like a fish on the dock so I end up in so many positions that I cover them all.
    I know what you mean TrailSlug... nightly calisthenics is a regular occurrence for me as well. I blame the fact I used to have a waterbed and for years the positions I slept in were all equally comfortable.

While I use a gathered end when backpacking, I only sleep well in a Bridge or now an Amok Draumr...

Carrico, do you find that your arms lose circulation as well?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.”

- Edmund Burke

Hammock
    Dutch 11 foot
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Diy uq phantom32
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks/
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRpilot View Post
    I know what you mean TrailSlug... nightly calisthenics is a regular occurrence for me as well. I blame the fact I used to have a waterbed and for years the positions I slept in were all equally comfortable.

While I use a gathered end when backpacking, I only sleep well in a Bridge or now an Amok Draumr...

Carrico, do you find that your arms lose circulation as well?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Sometimes if I roll over to one side too much and get on the hymn of the hammock, but usually it's more just from shoulder squeeze I have broad shoulders.
    By all means, let's argue about whether or not a hammock will hurt a tree. All the while ignoring the fact that there is an island of garbage the size of Texas floating in the Pacific ocean. Or how about the fact that over 75% of the world's nuclear reactors are leaking...

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0, Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ's, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Shug seems comfy no matter what - even banana style. I wish it were me!

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair(s)
    Tarp
    SLD & Mtn. Fly
    Insulation
    HG 0,20,40 UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by No-sage View Post
    Head left, head right. Feet higher, level. Left side, right side. Bridge, GE. Short, long, wide. Still or swaying. None seem to matter to me.

It seems I’m greatly in the minority here. And I’m not even a very good sleeper in general. But I can sleep in any hammock I’ve tried so far, in all the different materials, without issue.

I can’t get comfortable in a bed anymore though. It’s too flat...

You are not the only one! You have described me exactly. When I get a bit of calf ridge I’ll usually swap head left / right. One usually eliminates it. Heck half the time I start on the angle and wake up bananaed anyway. Still sleep better in the hammock than at home in bed.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki 0deg
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I guess it's just because I had been sleeping in a tent / on the ground for the past 20 years but sleeping in a hammock is just so incredibly comfortable that I can sleep no matter what the hammock or direction. Granted, my first hammock was/is a WBBB and my DIY is an 11 foot, extra wide but i don't want to ever go to ground again

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast