Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware

DIY Cowboy Glasgow K.I.S.S. WIDE Asym Tarp * Silpoly XL Dark Olive * Light, Small, Effective!

PRICE DROP ON TARP! JUST $70 DELIVERED!
    ADDITIONAL ITEMS ADDED!

(See bottom of this post, for sale separately or together with this tarp or each other.)
    (Sorry that the color fidelity of these images is less than ideal.)

Offered for sale is an exact copy of my original design for a widebody rectangular asym tarp, the Cowboy Glasgow K.I.S.S. This is a spare DIY item in prinstine "as new" condition that I made after the successful design and implementation of my original prototype, and it has only been test hung, never yet subjected to inclement weather or overnight conditions, so you will get to break it in yourself! I have chosen to offer these here as I pare down my gear bins to make space for new acquisitions and projects. I am thinning the herd to make some space in my gear bins for new acquisitions and projects. I've spent most of the last year trying to test and fine-tune different shapes and sizes of this grommeted waterproof hammock stuff sack concept to see what is possible, what is practical, and what works well as a trade off between packed size, storage volume, and multifunction use. (The stuff sack sets vary slightly in their dimensions and construction from previous versions.) Now these handy gear hammocks will go to someone here to enjoy...

Priced affordably as marked with FREE shipping to ConUS addresses; with regret, I cannot ship internationally.

Buyers, please post an "I'll take it" with item number(s) here in the thread and follow up with a private message; I will respond as promptly as I can via PM to conclude our transaction.

NB: These items will be offered for concurrent local sale soon after this posting, so please indicate your intention to buy ASAP.

Payment via PayPal electronic instant transfer only (no e-checks), please. Prices include ConUS shipping; with regret, no international shipping is available. Thanks for your interest.

1) DIY Cowboy Glasgow K.I.S.S. WIDE Asym Tarp * RBTR Silpoly XL Dark Olive -- $70 DELIVERED (incl. est. $7 shipping)

Evolved from my original series of very well received K.I.S.S. tarps ("Keep It Super Simple"), this bigger, badder, bolder version features a variable ridge line length and deployable storm flaps to protect the tarp's long edges from oblique downpours blown precipitation.

At first glance, using a simple flat rectangle of waterproof fabric with straight sides hung askew over the ridge line of a gathered-end hammock seems very basic, with a minimum of variables.

In truth, a well-designed asym tarp made from quality silpoly waterproof fabric like the Glasgow K.I.S.S. maintains light weight, packs down incredibly small, allows for a speedy set-up , and lets you cut the weight of your stakes and guy lines in half. A 6'x10' rectangular wide asym tarp like this one provides about 80% of the coverage of a Warbonnet Minifly or a Hammock Gear Dyneema Standard Hex and provides coverage efficiently by precisely targeting its protection where it provides the greatest benefit over a typical gathered-end hammock.

At 120" long and 70" wide, the 139" diagonal ridge line length on the Glasgow is comparable to that of most standard-width parallelogram asym tarps ridge line sits about 30 degrees off the line of the long edges. Using the inboard tie-outs (6" in from each corner on the short edges), the Glasgow has a shorter optional diagonal ridge line length of 133" -- great for tight hangs -- comparable to the RL length on my original K.I.S.S. tarps. These secondary RL tie-outs are set at a reduced 25-degree angle relative to the long edges, respecting their position. The effective width is about the same as a standard-width parallelogram tarp, but the extra material forms two very effective storm flaps that can be angled down to protect the normally vulnerable long edges with extra weather protection and also allows one to pitch the Glasgow 3.5" closer to the hammock ridge line, significantly increasing its performance in "storm mode".

Boasting a super-small pack size compared to any hex tarp and a respectably light weight (320 grams), the simple-to-pitch Glasgow K.I.S.S. tarp provides vastly superior protection compared to standard parallelogram asyms and lets you carry half the stakes and guy lines (not included) of a typical hex, allowing you to reduce your carry weight and pack volume even further -- you may even switch to a smaller backpack! Proven RBTR Silpoly XL waterproof fabric is extremely durable and provides an exceptional hydrostatic head rating; this tarp will never wet out, and it has no ridge line seam to leak!

Whether you're already an asym tarp convert or haven't ever considered a tarp smaller than a standard hex, a precisely designed wide asym tarp like the Glasgow K.I.S.S. is a game-changer.

Rethink the rectangle, and get a great tarp at a nice price for only a little more than a standard parallelogram asym...

2) DIY Cowboy Bucket Grommeted Hammock Stuff Sack (v1.4) w/ Bonus DE Stuff Sack, RBTR Coyote Brown 1.1 oz Silpoly -- $15 DELIVERED

YOU GET TWO (2) SACKS (1 Bucket and 1 standard double-ended) IN THIS SET!

This handy storage item is a revised prototype of my DIY Cowboy Bucket grommeted waterproof hammock stuff sacks -- slightly longer than the original version -- in lightweight RBTR Silpoly XL -- paired with a BONUS standard double-ended stuff sack in matching waterproof fabric -- in excellent "nearly new" condition; it is a gently used DIY item after one overnight hang at an event.

The Bucket grommeted waterproof hammock stuff sack is a sturdy, weatherproof, minimalist approach to the pass-through hammock stuff sacks originally popularized by blackbishop351. The stuff sack lets you attach your hammock suspension to both ends of the hammock before you deploy it, thanks to a handy grommet on the closed end. The approach has been refined and streamlined for light weight using the approximate dimensions recommended by Shug in his recent thread and video on hammock stuff sacks, allowing you to stow your hammock with a minimum of effort. Each Bucket is approximately 17" x 12" when laid flat, with a generous cinched capacity of almost 6 liters, plenty of room for any hammock from a netless up to a multiple-component modular system. The precisely positioned hole on the Bucket's crisp square bottom is finished with a weatherproof antiqued metal grommet that will outlast both the sack and all of the Amsteel suspension you thread through it. Cinch top uses durable 100-lb test 2mm utility cord from Simply Light Designs, finished as shown. Use the Bucket as a handy extra storage solution hanging at the head end of your hammock. The Bucket weighs about 19 grams.

Each set includes a matching standard double-ended hammock stuff sack for times when you want to be even more minimalist, approx 16" x 9" and 14 grams. Great for wrangling tarps or other gear too!

3) DIY Cowboy Bucket Grommeted Hammock Stuff Sack (v1.4) w/ Bonus DE Stuff Sack, RBTR Coyote Brown 1.1 oz Silpoly -- $15 DELIVERED

YOU GET TWO (2) SACKS (1 Bucket and 1 standard double-ended) IN THIS SET!

This item -- a set of two matching stuff sacks -- is virtually identical to #2 above.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kitsapcowboy; 07-04-2018 at 18:06.
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Hammock
    Dutch banyan bridge, hummingbird si
    Tarp
    Wb Cloudburst, Hg
    Insulation
    Loco libre, enligh
    Suspension
    Dutch beetles, jef
    How do you think this would work with a bridge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanginw/sasquatch View Post
    How do you think this would work with a bridge?
    I was surprised to find out in overnight field testing that the Glasgow K.I.S.S. actually works appreciably well in A-frame mode over bridge hammocks with 36" spreader bars (and will even work over a 40" WBRR) with the use of drop lines on the suspension dog bones on the ridge line and immediately under the lip of the tarp (since there are no ridge line tie-outs when set up symmetrical in this manner), but the tarp was designed for maximum asym performance over an 11-foot gathered-end hammock.

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    ADDITIONAL ITEMS ADDED! GROMMETED WATERPROOF STUFF SACK SETS!
    (See bottom of original post, for sale separately or together with this tarp or each other.)

Last edited by kitsapcowboy; 07-04-2018 at 17:39.

Hammock
    Dutchware, BearButt
    Tarp
    WB-SF, KC-Batwing
    Insulation
    PLUQ,AHE-NR,WL-BWK
    Suspension
    Various
    I'll take it. #3.

Payment sent.

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    #3 SPF

#1 tarp and #2 sacks STILL AVAILABLE

Hammock
    Dutchware, BearButt
    Tarp
    WB-SF, KC-Batwing
    Insulation
    PLUQ,AHE-NR,WL-BWK
    Suspension
    Various
    What the heck, I'll take #1 as well.

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    PRICE DROP ON TARP! JUST $70 DELIVERED!

Payment received on #3 -- SOLD -- Thanks!

Tarp #1 ALSO SOLD! Thanks again!

#2 remaining stuff sack set still available.

Hammock
    Dutchware, BearButt
    Tarp
    WB-SF, KC-Batwing
    Insulation
    PLUQ,AHE-NR,WL-BWK
    Suspension
    Various
    2x payment sent.

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by LTMillar View Post
    2x payment sent.
    funds received. Many thanks…
    Last edited by kitsapcowboy; 07-04-2018 at 18:27.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast