Chameleon
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Starthru View Post
    everyone plan and bring a ton of rain gear, and I can almost guarantee we will see zero rain. LOL
    That's why I keep an old unused umbrella in my trunk. It's works 50% of the time.
    Got time to breath, you got time for music - Brisco Darlin

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly-Custom
    Insulation
    HG Econ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    All Sorts of
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    I will be bringing several different ones including a Phoenix 20 degree

Is a 3 or 4 season and how long is it ? I can think of several possible issues......

tarp too short
    rain coming in via tarp ridge line
    not hung low enough
    really bad misting issues
    tarp ridge line run under tarp instead of over
    rain change direction of attack,,,blowing in from the ends instead of the sides
    It's my 4-season Squidbilly-custom Taj Mahal. Its a 12 ft ridgeline (definitely not too short) and 12.5 ft wide (it was hung plenty low enough). The CRL was over the tarp, and its made of Dutch's Xenon wide, which I've never had misting issues with before. It wasn't a ton of rain coming through, but I would get drips coming off of my IPM ties every so often, and the top of the inside of the tarp was wet when I brushed against it. I thought at first it had issues with the seam sealing, but everything appears to be in working order. The only thing I can really think is that my drip lines didn't stop all of the water.
    "The world is a complicated place Hobbes"
    "Whenever it seems that way, I take a nap in a tree and wait for dinner"
    -Calvin and Hobbes

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo1234 View Post
    It's my 4-season Squidbilly-custom Taj Mahal. Its a 12 ft ridgeline (definitely not too short) and 12.5 ft wide (it was hung plenty low enough). The CRL was over the tarp, and its made of Dutch's Xenon wide, which I've never had misting issues with before. It wasn't a ton of rain coming through, but I would get drips coming off of my IPM ties every so often, and the top of the inside of the tarp was wet when I brushed against it. I thought at first it had issues with the seam sealing, but everything appears to be in working order. The only thing I can really think is that my drip lines didn't stop all of the water.
    Hmmm...the Xenon is waterproof...only thing I can think of is maybe condensation forming on the inside? Drips might be the location of the drip lines? Set it up this weekend just the way you normally have without changing anything and we can look at your setup to see if we can spot anything that might be causing it.
    Retired US Navy, 10-year Stage IIIb colon cancer survivor. I believe my last words will be "Hold my beer..."

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    Well....as of right now it looks like rain starting Friday noon & ending Saturday afternoon. Should be no rain for the 1st annual Flaming Pumpkin Event!

https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/nc/hollister/36.25%2C-77.96?cm_ven=localwx_10day

Retired US Navy, 10-year Stage IIIb colon cancer survivor. I believe my last words will be "Hold my beer..."

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Sounds like a misting problem with the tarp.

Sam I Am has his trail name.....Road Rash. Last night The Terminator let him out in the back yard ( not fenced,,,we have a very large back yard, about an acre ) to do his doggie business. As long as the door is not totally closed he will push the door open to get back in. He came back in a few minutes later, limping and bloody. Took him to the vet and after spending a small fortune we learned he is one giant bruise, no broken bones and the vet agrees with me that he was hit by a car. Vet said we could take him to the hang but as of right now I think he will spend most of his time curled up on PappyAmos feet while he recovers.

Got the smoker on the trailer along with three boxes of well aged ( maybe 5+ years ) pecan wood for smoking the butts. We are bringing at least one 10x10 pop up and I think we have 3 walls for it to help keep the rain out. At one of our hangs we put all the camp chairs under a pop up and lowered it to keep the chairs dry during the nights rain.

I hope the Flaming Pumpkin Gods give us their blessing Saturday ( no rain ) so we can sacrifice some pumpkins in style. The Great Flaming Pumpkin Hang has a nice ring to it.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    YouTube provided me with a great idea for making the ordinary pumpkins into the flaming pumpkins...insert a roll of toilet paper inside the pumpkin, soak it in kerosene, then light it.

Poor Sam....he will get all of the healing touches he can handle this weekend!

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Poor Sam....he will get all of the healing touches he can handle this weekend!
    He is very lucky as his new name could have been Road Kill
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Is there a "Great Pumpkin" hang ? Looking forward to celebrating Slugger's birthday in style!
    As for poor pappy, he's not going to be able to move with dogs on his lap and sam at his feet!

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    Got all the firewood we'll need.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird Doub 1.7
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG zero deg +4oz
    Suspension
    Webbing, Dutchware
    Slugger, you da man!

• + New Posts
  • Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast