Netty/ Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    gnome dome/mctarp
    Insulation
    Incubator/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Images
    Just a note, I do not expect you to apologize to Karla with a K for expressing what you know to be true. I think it is sad that she took exception to it. I personally don't like being grouped into the category she feels she belongs to as a female hanger ie... a woman who enjoys pooping in the woods. I am glad t takes all kinds to be hangers.
    If you don't like my cooking there's always MRE's.***Hotlips

I saw that. Gunner put me in that cat. Now I HAVE gone in the woods, but when we were backpacing. I'm too old and hurt too much (plus too heavy) to hold myself up! But at least we get out! Counting down the days! Going back to commissary to reload. Our 2 sons will be coming on Saturday. 1 might stay a night, the other, eh, doubt it. He will bring his ice cream maker.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Just a note, I do not expect you to apologize to Karla with a K for expressing what you know to be true.
    Some people get offended about anything. Of course she is free to believe what she wants.

In case you need more information on what this is about check out this thread on Organizing A Group Hang My observation was that many women will not attend a hang unless there are restrooms available, I was not the only person to say so, just the first. For some reason Karla took great offense on this, seems to think I am saying all women will not attend....
    Last edited by gunner76; 10-17-2018 at 21:02.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    If Cajunracer signs up I promised him Banana pudding
    Hope he can attend but I have not heard anything from him.

We are waiting to hear if a friend from Trinidad can make the hang.

Going grocery shopping tomorrow, going to pick up 4 more pork butts, with the one we already have and the one SteelPlayer said he will bring, will give us 6 butts to smoke Saturday. Terminator also wants to gets some pork ribs to smoke.

I have a feeling that after all spring and summer, there will be very little firewood available, so if you have access to wood that can be sacrificed to the cave man TV, please bring some. Its just not a camp out unless you have a fire to sit around.

The Mecks can not make this hang but said they will try and attend the spring hang.
    Last edited by gunner76; 10-17-2018 at 21:01.

Hammock
    Exped combi or K-mart special
    Tarp
    stock Exped
    Insulation
    puffer jackets
    Suspension
    python straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Countrybois View Post
    .... I'll throw the Kam Snap supplies in case anyone wants to add them to their tarp.

Free mods... How can you beat that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    I don't think I need Kam Snaps on anything, but I would like a demo on NAMA claws and probably will want to purchase a set or two.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    but I would like a demo on NAMA claws and probably will want to purchase a set or two.
    I will be bringing some. The Terminator and I will be using our Puzzle Palace but I will also be bringing some extra hammock setups and the tarps will be using NAMA Claws. The hardest part about using NAMA Claws is getting the tarp line thru them the first time ( the stiffer the line the easier it is ). Once the line is thru the Claws they are very easy to use and adjust as needed. I have converted all my tarp ridge lines to using Claws.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Made our trip to the commissary to re buy the food we lost during the hurricane. We go a bag of assorted Halloween candy ( good stuff ), 4 pork butts, 3 slaps of pork ribs, bacon and sausage along with some other goodies. Also picked up a second cleaver for chopping the Q.

Got some "Spicy" stickers at work and labeled the 2 Q Sauces that are hot. Also made up the SC Mustard BBQ Sauce.

The temps here have dropped here from the high 80's to low 90's down to a chilly 50 to 60. Sam said he approves of the cooler weather.

Had a storm come thru the other day and it blew our BBQ grill/smoker over. Got it back up but it appears that it is on its last legs and may be ready for the dump after this trip. Have to start looking at another BBQ grill again....

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    Gunner, I got to remember to bring some cash to pay my share of expenses. You listed $15, that was before Hurricane Florence. I don’t know how to sign up on sheet. I’ll bring some trail mix and assorted snacks—maybe some cheese and fruit.
    And some white sauce for BBQ!
    15 might be a little low, due to storm. I’m stoked and disorganized at same time.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly-Custom
    Insulation
    HG Econ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    All Sorts of
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfish Comet View Post
    I don't think I need Kam Snaps on anything, but I would like a demo on NAMA claws and probably will want to purchase a set or two.
    Same here. I might be converting from my micro-ucrs over to these, they seem mighty simple to use.
    "The world is a complicated place Hobbes"
    "Whenever it seems that way, I take a nap in a tree and wait for dinner"
    -Calvin and Hobbes

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    Is this Gunner...cooking at the hang?

M180903-36deathfromwithincolor500.jpg
    Retired US Navy, 10-year Stage IIIb colon cancer survivor. I believe my last words will be "Hold my beer..."

• + New Posts
  • Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast