This will be the 5th Annual Halloween Hang at Medoc Mt SP NC 25 – 28 October ( Thursday – Sunday )

Group site 3 has been booked.

SIGN UP HERE to let us know who is attending and if you can help with the meals.

We usually do group meals every day. The Terminator and I will do Thursday nights dinner and Friday breakfast. No one is expected to feed the whole crowd. See who has signed up to bring what for thevarious meals and bring something to compliment such as sodas, OJ, salad ect.

Group site # 3 is booked for Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. I have not booked any additional sites at this time although I might.

The site is about 100 feet from the parking lot

There is a men's and women's restroom ( with showers ) next to the parking lot.

There is water available next to the restrooms.

There are a lot more trees to hang from here and while there are no alligators here, there are lots of hiking trails available, fishing,Mt Biking and while I have been told you can canoe / kayak the creeks, they looked to shallow to me.

For those who have not been to Medoc MT, the group sites are located at the southern end of the park.

Tenters are welcomed. Attend the hang and let us try to convert you to a tree hugger.

This is a family friendly hang.

If you have never attended a group hang but want to but do not have the gear then let us know. Many of us have extra gear we will be happy
to lend you for the weekend. We may even have a vendor show with gear to show off.

I do not know what stores are in the area for picking up those last minute items. I am sure we will find out.

Estimated donations to help cover the cost of the site is $15 per person for the weekend.

Medoc MT SP is located about 10 miles east of I 95 and is about 60 miles north west of Raleigh.

Note..the park office is located at the northern end of the park while the campgrounds are at the southern end. The park does lock the gates at night ( about 8 PM I believe )

From the park:
Medoc Mountain State Park is located in Halifax County, 21 miles south west of Roanoke Rapids, 23 miles north of Rocky Mount and 26 milesnortheast of Louisburg. Off I-95, take exit 160 at NC 561 west and travel nine miles to the park. Turn left on S.R. 1322 (park entrysign at this location) which will bring you to the park office,located one mile south and on the right.

Medoc Mountain State Park
1541 Medoc State Park Road
Hollister, NC27844
Phone 252-586-6588
[email protected]
Latitude:36.263900
Longitude: -77.888300

I will post a large yellow “Hammock Hang” sign where the road turns to the right to the group sites.

Side note...Last week.I got an email from Merchants Mill Pond SP asking if we would do a hammock demo the same weekend as this hang and I told

them that it was not possible as we have already reserved sites at another state park for the same weekend.