Tarp
    UGQ - Printed SilP
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/UGQ
    Suspension
    Multibuckles
    Images

Prym1 Sparrow

I received my new OutdoorINK Sparrow two weeks ago, and as of last night, I've put 8 nights in it. This is my third Dream Hammock, I own a First Gen Raven, and another Sparrow. There have been a few tweaks to the design since last year, and it's only gotten better.

I went all out with options. Double Layer, Sleeve sack, UQP, Gear Sling, Peak Shelf, and pockets... Oh, so many pockets. This isn't a gram weenie hammock, to say the least. I don't backpack much anymore. In the winter, I use a Pulk Sled. In warm weather, most of my camping is out of the back of our car. Hangs, scout camps, etc.

Here's a full breakdown of the materials:
    1.9 Prym1 Deep Timber Outer layer
    1.6 HyperD Prym1 Mahi Inner Layer
    1.0 Netting Prym1 Woodlands
    1.6 Poly Prym1 Highland Overcover
    1.6 Poly Prym1 Firestorm UQP
    1.6 Poly Prym1 Wave Accessories.

IMG_E4663.JPG
    The Sleeve sack is a really great addition. I wasn't sure I'd like it, but for those of you who have seen some of my previous photos, wind is a problem where I live. Stringing a hammock between the posts of my hammock stand is sometime like playing tug of war with mother nature. Even with a standard double ended stuff sack, the moment there's enough for the wind to grab onto, poof! There goes the hammock like a sail.

The Sleeve Sack solves that problem wonderfully. I can secure it on both ends, get it centered, and be ready to tie off the sides before there's enough of a profile for the wind to grab onto. It's a solid win in my book.

IMG_E4667.JPG
    As I mentioned, I do a lot of winter camping. So I needed an overcover. I went with the Highland color variant because it should blend in fairly well in the snow, and in the early spring where there's snow and a lot of sunbleached leaf litter on the gound.

IMG_E4665.JPG36591860_1042932555857379_3995004005498486784_n.jpg
    The Woodland netting looks really good. There's enough color contrast in the pattern to see the print on the net, but it's dark enough that you can still see out of it extremely well.

36434302_1042935809190387_3798260774963511296_n.jpg36450729_1042936175857017_6955452863015288832_n.jpg

Some more examples of the Prym1 Woodland pattern on the Ridgeline organizer and Peak Shelf. This is my first DH with the Peak shelf. I love it. It's easy to access while laying down, and it hold quite a bit. I was able to fit the UQP, over cover, and a waterbottle in it.

36512425_1042933589190609_8741587001003737088_n.jpg

This little removable pocket is on the head end, by my right shoulder. It's great for essentials, especially when I push the RL organizer down towards my feet.

IMG_E4666.JPG

The UQP is a great idea. I went with 1.6 Poly, and it's built just like a netless hammock, with some additional shock cord (kinda like a knotty mod) and a few attachment points to keep it snug to the hammock. I love the fact this is interchangeable. I can order a new one in winter camo, or in a rainbow, and completely change the look of the hammock. It's also hiding my Dragonscale underquilt, which really doesn't match the hammock's overall vibe

IMG_E4671.JPG

The Mahi interior looks great, and adds a bit of brightness to the inside.

IMG_E4668.JPG

The Gear Sling (left side) is one of my favorite pieces of gear. Each one of my DH's has one. It can go anywhere on the exterior of the hammock, or it can be prussik knotted on the RL if you need/want it inside. Here's it's on my foot end, and it's where I stash my shoes at night.

IMG_E4664.JPG

The Prym1 Camo really is a great pattern. Part animal, part camo. It looks really good on a hammock. The Wave is one of my personal favorites. That's why I opted for the stuff sack and Gear Sling to be made out of it. The hints of blue-green with the whites and browns really appeal to me. I expect I'll be ordering an UQP and second overcover in that color for winter

Justin thanks for sharing that with us. The sparrow is on my short list for the next hammock and it's good to know that you find the gear sling useful as I've been looking at that too. That printed netting is so awesome!

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch 12' Winter
    Insulation
    CRO, J'R'B
    Suspension
    Dutch web/ beetle
    Sweet looking hammock Justin. I really like customability from the current hammock cottage vendors. I'm really liking the new sleeve sack from Dream Hammock great addition.

Hammock
    DH Raven
    Tarp
    UGQ - Printed SilP
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/UGQ
    Suspension
    Multibuckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Justin thanks for sharing that with us. The sparrow is on my short list for the next hammock and it's good to know that you find the gear sling useful as I've been looking at that too. That printed netting is so awesome!
    It's by far the most useful piece of outdoor gear I have outside the hammock itself, and my knife. When packing, I pack my quilts in it. Once the hammock is set up, I take out the quilts, and attach the gear sling to where ever I need it to go.

Quote Originally Posted by greyhound352 View Post
    Sweet looking hammock Justin. I really like customability from the current hammock cottage vendors. I'm really liking the new sleeve sack from Dream Hammock great addition.
    Thanks! I like it. All of the vendors are offering amazing stuff now. I'm glad to not have a rig in the same 3 colors as everyone else. When I started you had green, brown, and sometimes black if a vendor had access to it.

• + New Posts