Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Down!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

New Polyblend Tarp

I've been watching the wilderness logics website the past couple months, and I noticed a new tarp offering that will be available soon. I just their site,and I see it's now for sale (will ship in August), but there are no pictures. Anyone have some photos of their new tarp?

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    SLD TW/HG Econ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I just ordered one, so when I get it, I'll post some pics. I'd imagine it looks just like the regular Tadpole, at least in size & shape.

Hammock
    Autumn Outdoor Gear
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Duster
    Insulation
    LSOH
    Suspension
    Autumn Ultralight
    Mine just shipped today!

Hammock
    wl night owl
    Tarp
    wl tad pole
    Insulation
    wl uq & wl tq
    Suspension
    tree hugger whoopi
    Got fabric a little sooner than we thought, tarps are shipping out now, just have the three colors right now Dark Olive, Coyote Brown , and Charcoal Gray.. The ones shipped today weighed in at 9.7 oz it is the same as the TAD POLE measurements and size just out of the new Poly/Blend fabric...

Marty
    Look WildernessLogics up on Facebook.

http://www.wildernesslogics.com/

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    SLD TW/HG Econ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by WildernessLogics View Post
    Got fabric a little sooner than we thought, tarps are shipping out now, just have the three colors right now Dark Olive, Coyote Brown , and Charcoal Gray.. The ones shipped today weighed in at 9.7 oz it is the same as the TAD POLE measurements and size just out of the new Poly/Blend fabric...

Marty
    I was a bit surprised to see mine ship so soon. Given the note on your website, I was prepared to wait a couple weeks, but I'm glad I don't have to!

BTW, I didn't see it specified on the website and there were no options (aside from the RL length), so what type of hardware is on the tie outs of this tarp? I assume they're D-rings of some kind (no line-locs)? I just got a set of tarp worms from Dutch that I plan to use with it.
    Last edited by CVKealey; 07-26-2018 at 10:45. Reason: adding a question

Hammock
    Martian Bridge (DIY)
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WildernessLogics View Post

Marty
    More information on the poly blend fabric itself would be useful. Is it a silicone impregnated fabric? Polyurethane coated? What is the fabric weight? How much does it stretch when wet?

Cheers
    Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment. - Unknown

Hammock
    WL Night Owl
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL Summer/ Winter
    Suspension
    Birch Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianWillan View Post
    More information on the poly blend fabric itself would be useful. Is it a silicone impregnated fabric? Polyurethane coated? What is the fabric weight? How much does it stretch when wet?

Cheers
    I just checked the site as I'm going to order one soon myself and saw Marty put these specs on the page.

"The tarp is made of a blend of polyester and nylon works better and sews better than a all poly tarp" and
    "The fabric: A new Scylla Fused 10d nylon & polyster that is infused with silicone this combination of nylon and polyster fibers alone with silicone is very strong has very little stretch even when wet."

Hope this helps you with your decision. I know the blend swayed me as I've heard silpoly is more "fragile" to some users on the forum who have concerns with tearing and puncturing.
    Formerly McBlaster
    The Tent is a Lie

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    SLD TW/HG Econ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

New Polyblend Tarp

Mine arrived yesterday... unbelievably tiny and light (9.74 ounces) and the stitching is top notch. To answer my own question, the ridge and corner timeouts are just grosgrain loops. it would have been nice to have d-rings on the ridge, but I can add some split rings there. I imagine that eventually this tarp will have the same options available (linelocs, side pulloits, etc) as the standard tadpole.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB SF and WL TP
    Insulation
    UGQ & HG
    Suspension
    multiple
    Images
    I just ordered one of these tarps as well, and decided to order the ridgeline cord with it since the only SRL I have right now stays with my WB SF. Not directly related to the new tarp, but can someone explain how this new ridgeline works? I read the description available for it, but I'm a bit confused still.

https://www.wildernesslogics.com/TAR...E-CORD-TRL.htm

I'm assuming that's the one that's listed under the tarp's options.
    Scarecrow on Instagram

"If somebody tells you there's a rule, break it. That's the only thing that moves things forward."
    -Hans Zimmer

Hammock
    Dutch 10' Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    SLD w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Hi Marty,

Could you provide a scenario for when someone should order the Tadpole and when someone should order the Polyblend?

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast