Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware

DIY Cowboy War Bag XL Waterproof Gear Hammock (V1.2 Dark Olive Silpoly)

Offered for sale: two revised prototypes of my DIY Cowboy War Bag XL Waterproof Gear Hammock (4.5-Foot in Dark Olive) in excellent "nearly new" condition after a bit of field testing and only very limited use. These are both used DIY gear items, but there are NO significant spots, stains, or damage to deter you from enjoying this handy item as "new to you".

I've spent most of the last year trying to test and fine-tune different shapes and sizes of this waterproof gear hammock concept to see what is possible, what is practical, and what works well as a trade off between packed size, storage volume, and multifunction use. (These War Bag XL gear hammocks have very slightly different proportions from the similar items I have sold previously.) Now these handy gear hammocks will go to someone here to enjoy...

FREE SHIPPING IN THE CONUS

Buyers, please post an "I'll take it" (with item #1 and/or #2) in this thread and follow up with a private message, and I'll respond promptly with payment info.

NB: This item will be offered for concurrent local sale soon after this posting, so please indicate your intention to buy ASAP.

Payment via PayPal electronic instant transfer only (no e-checks), please. Prices include ConUS shipping; with regret, no international shipping is available.

Thanks for your interest.

1) DIY Cowboy War Bag XL (54" ridge line length, approx. 70" hammock body), Dark Olive RBTR Silpoly XL -- $38 DELIVERED

I made this this sturdy extra large DIY waterproof gear hammock as a waterproof in-camp storage solution for large, bulky items. Based on a popular concept, I made several of them for friends and have been using a couple of the extras myself for the last year with excellent results in the field! This waterproof gear hammock (with minor refinements from my original prototype) has been used for just a couple of one-night trips and remains in excellent "nearly new" condition after light use; it has never been filled to capacity and has NO noticeable faults. The War Bag is big enough (approx. 54" by 16" min. diameter when fully closed) to hold the biggest internal-frame backpack you're going to want to carry on a hike -- including large traditional packs in the 80- to 100-liter range. My extra-large DIY design for this popular concept is about 15% bigger than the similar cottage vendor option, yours for about 30% less money with FREE shipping. (The War Bag XL will fit a loaded 68-liter ULA Circuit with plenty of room to spare.) Easy to use, just hang by your choice of virtually any simple suspension (e.g., webbing, whoopies, Dynaglide, paracord; not included), fill it, weight the top pocket with a rock or water bottle, and flip the top to close it for a waterproof seal. Version 1.1 War Bags include accessory storm tie-out loops for extreme weather conditions, engineered to withstand serious wind and rain. Built-in Dyneema ridge line and 7/64" Amsteel continuous loops (the same as your full-sized hammock). Very good reviews from all of the War Bag's recipients so far! There are many, many ways to use this handy storage item; it can be fashioned into a field-expedient pack cover or ground mat, and the UHMWPE cord components can be used to supplement your hammock and tarp suspension in a pinch!. Folds up neatly into its own 8" x 10" pocket inside your pack and is feathery-light! Weighs less than 150 grams (5.2 oz)! Safely supports loads of up to 40 pounds. You will love this gear hammock...

2) DIY Cowboy War Bag XL (54" ridge line length, approx. 70" hammock body), Dark Olive RBTR Silpoly XL -- $38 DELIVERED

Virtually identical to #1 above with slightly different position for storm loops.

Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Hammock
    Warbonnet El Dorado
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven 11
    Insulation
    Yeti/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I’ll take it #1

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    SPF to 22hornet

Remaining waterproof gear hammock is STILL AVAILABLE

Hammock
    WB XLC 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Inc10°/Bur10°
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Images
    What exactly are the storm loops? I don't see them in the pictures. I am not quite getting their purpose. To keep it from blowing around in the the wind?
    “The word hammockable (Meaning: two trees that are the perfect distance apart between which a hammock can be hung) is not in the dictionary, but it should be.”

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by Burg54 View Post
    What exactly are the storm loops? I don't see them in the pictures. I am not quite getting their purpose. To keep it from blowing around in the the wind?

The storm loops are ancillary tie-outs installed on the inside edge of the flip-over cover on either side of the pocket. They are simple grosgrain loops that let you stake down the lid and stabilize the War Bag in really bad weather. Not mandatory, but nice to have at the cost of a couple of grams.

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    I'll take it #2

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    War Bag #1 is SOLD PENDING FUNDS
    War Bag #2 is SOLD With thanks

PMs have been sent

I will confirm with both buyers once funds have been received
    Last edited by kitsapcowboy; 06-20-2018 at 14:50.

Sorry, did not read complete thread , I now see they are gone

Hammock
    Warbonnet El Dorado
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven 11
    Insulation
    Yeti/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Payment sent

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    BOTH GEAR HAMMOCKS SOLD with thanks; closing thread...

• + New Posts