Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    As I understand it, the standard lay is head left, feet right - correct? If so, and you order a reverse lay does that just change the foot area of the BB or XLT and put your head nearer the shelf. I suppose if I were tired, it wouldn’t matter much. But there’s a little more “comfort” feeling if my head isn’t so close to what becomes the opening. Maybe it’s easier to work the zippers if I’m not right up against them.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rjalbright View Post
    Admitted Newbie here so I am not questioning Shug. However I have my new WBBB XLT hanging in the basement trying to dial it in. I sleep on my left side as well. I have reversed the top net and the diagonal lay is just not the same with head Right as it is with head left. It simply does not feel as flat. I feel like it would be more comfortable laying head left and just flipping on my right side looking into the fabric vs out through the bug net. Am I just crazy or is there something to this? Do I just need to keep trying to figure out the reverse lay thing?

Bob
    At 3:09 in this video you can see that I just reversed the bug net to switch lays. You just flip the net over and re-attach the pull-outs.
    Also see Warbonnets video of Brandon doing the same thing at 1:25 in
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

How does switching the lay affect the underquilt? Does one purchase the XLC underquilt, for example, for a specific lay preference or does it not matter?

Does the above post make any sense? (I've been exploring buying the xlc, but as a new hammocker the process is somewhat daunting).

Hammock
    SLD Voyageur / TL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    SLD UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Buckles/Becket
    You can get asym UQs as well as regular ones - Wookie is not reversible according to their site. I don’t know of an asym UQ that is reversible. If you don’t know if you want to sleep head-left, for ex, or you flop around a lot while sleeping, you might be better off with a regular cut full-size UQ.

I prefer a symmetric hammock with an asym UQ because I like to flexibly relax in the hammock around camp in any orientation that makes sense to me, but always sleep head-left. To each his own. .

Hammock
    warbonnet ridgerunner
    Tarp
    DIY Dyneema
    Insulation
    warbonnet lynx
    Suspension
    dutch jewelery
    Quote Originally Posted by tom-o View Post
    How does switching the lay affect the underquilt? Does one purchase the XLC underquilt, for example, for a specific lay preference or does it not matter?
    XLC wookies are for asym lay, and are not possible to flip. Default is head left, feet right. Reversed lay is head right, feet left. Decide before you buy

I guess I'll start with the hammock and figure out my lay preference before buying the Wookie at least. Was planning on double layer for bug protection anyway (I'm a canoe guy), so I can always start with a pad....

Quote Originally Posted by tom-o View Post
    I guess I'll start with the hammock and figure out my lay preference before buying the Wookie at least. Was planning on double layer for bug protection anyway (I'm a canoe guy), so I can always start with a pad....
    Could always get a symmetric underquilt from some place like JacksRBetter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point. So much to decide for us hammock newbies!

Okay, how about UQ recommendations for the xlc that are not the standard wookie?

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast