Hammock
    WBBB / Chameleon
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    SLD TW / CRO UQ&TQ
    Suspension
    Buckles and Straps
    Simply Light Designs has the Trail Winder. I have a few of those in different temp ratings.
    They are synthetic insulation that you can order with a dedicated lay or symmetrical.
    It has a simple, easy to set up suspension system that is practically plug and play.

Hammock
    one wind 11' wide
    Tarp
    one wind 12'
    Insulation
    SLD, UGQ, LL, JRB
    Suspension
    UCR
    Also have a 20° Trail Winder, symmetrical, as my lay depends on too many outside factors that make having a dedicated lay impossible.

Been super happy w/ it. Currently I'm using it w/ a down 40° on the outside. Because it's synthetic I don't have to worry about crushing the loft as much when stacking like that.

Thanks for the above suggestions. I've been pondering synthetic vs down in addition to wookie vs other UQ.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Tom-o, I now understand that the XLC is reversible, so your only decision is which lay for the Wookie - if you go that route. But now you also are considering synthetic vs down. Decisions, decisions … we’ve all been there. I started out with an ArrowHead synthetic and quickly switched to down. BUT - in the back of my head, I remember very “moist” camping trips. So grabbing the down isn’t automatic. Most my camping is in dry areas or planned for dry weather - but of course I have a tarp and can handle the rain. I just prefer it not to rain every day; it’s nice to have a “dry out your gear” day. If I live somewhere like Seattle, synthetic gear might be closer to the mark. Sort of a “How wet and for how many days?” equation.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Entering the hammock fray is so complicated! My plan for starters is to get the xlc, figure out my preferred lay direction, try it out with a pad, and then decide on underquiilt (wookie or otherwise, down or synthetic). I'm also going to start with my current 10 x 12 tarp so I don't have to make other tarp decisions right away. Baby steps.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345