Hammock
    SLBBXLC
    Tarp
    ThunderFly 20D
    Insulation
    Wooki/DiamondBack
    Suspension
    Loops/FishHooks
    No need to remove the suspension when you're reversing the lay.

Just unhook the (4) mitten hooks that the shock cords are hitched on to, disengage the (2) micro carabiners, Slide the (2) black elastic loops up onto your whoopies/buckles/continuous loops, flip the net and reattach what has been disengaged and you're good to go! The whole process takes about 3 min if that.....

Hammock
    Warbonnet El Dorado
    Tarp
    WL Tad Pole tarp
    Insulation
    Enlightened UQ
    Resurrecting this thread to ask a clarification question on how to switch the "direction" of the hammock. Just got a new El Dorado, and by default it's set up to lie head left; I prefer head right.

Both the videos I've seen (the one on the Blackbird XLC video, and Shug's video linked earlier in this thread) show a very fast timelapse of the process of flipping the net, so I can't actually see what's going on.

To clarify: I should fully remove the bug net by fully unzipping all zippers; then flip it upside down, then remove the tieout bungee cord and reattach it on the (different-looking, but similarly located) fabric loops on what's currently the inside (but will become the outside) of the net—thus making the tieout go to the other direction? It currently is on the right side of the hammock, so putting it on the left would "reconfigure" so I can lay with my head to the right?

Let me know if that is correct. Also if anyone has an explanation of how exactly the "footbox" works and how flipping the bug net would allow it to move to the other side of the hammock, I'd be interested in understanding that better.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jbphilly View Post
    Resurrecting this thread to ask a clarification question on how to switch the "direction" of the hammock. Just got a new El Dorado, and by default it's set up to lie head left; I prefer head right.

Both the videos I've seen (the one on the Blackbird XLC video, and Shug's video linked earlier in this thread) show a very fast timelapse of the process of flipping the net, so I can't actually see what's going on.

To clarify: I should fully remove the bug net by fully unzipping all zippers; then flip it upside down, then remove the tieout bungee cord and reattach it on the (different-looking, but similarly located) fabric loops on what's currently the inside (but will become the outside) of the net—thus making the tieout go to the other direction? It currently is on the right side of the hammock, so putting it on the left would "reconfigure" so I can lay with my head to the right?

Let me know if that is correct. Also if anyone has an explanation of how exactly the "footbox" works and how flipping the bug net would allow it to move to the other side of the hammock, I'd be interested in understanding that better.
    See the WB footbox explained 5 minutes in the 1st video below.
    As to reversing the lay just take off the bugnet and flip it and zip it back on and you now doing opposite lay. This is an XLC but same principle works for Eldorado.
    See that in the second video at 3:09 in.
    Shug

Last edited by Shug; 09-01-2019 at 23:20.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jbphilly View Post

If you hammock is an Eldorado, then you have the tie out to keep the netting off your face (but no tie out for the shelf as the Eldorado lacks that feature). Whichever side the tie out is on would be your head side.

It sounds like you understand how flipping the net to change lay direction works, but then you said the tieout "currently is on the right side of the hammock," so it sounds to me like you don't need to flip the net and it's already set up for head right/feet left. That's funny though, because I know when I got my Blackbird, I did have to flip the net to get the head right/feet left lay. Warbonnet considers us oddballs and sets up their hammocks for head left/feet right from the factory.

Re: the footbox, that is formed by the shape of the net. The hammock body itself is symmetrical. When you flip the net, the footbox flips sides as well. It's always on the side opposite the tie out at the head end.
    Last edited by cmc4free; 09-01-2019 at 23:23.

Hammock
    Warbonnet El Dorado
    Tarp
    WL Tad Pole tarp
    Insulation
    Enlightened UQ
    OK, thanks, that makes sense. I think I know what I have to do now and the footbox explanation adds up too (I think).

Also, the tieout is currently on the left side of the hammock, not the right...Can't keep my directions straight! So yes, it sounds like I want to flip the net.

The footbox thing is kind of boggling me, but I guess I just have to do this now to see it. It doesn't make sense, but if Shug says so then that's it.

But now how do I reverse my wooki? I guess I can flip it over and just deal with extra compression of the baffles?

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mazotster View Post
    The footbox thing is kind of boggling me, but I guess I just have to do this now to see it. It doesn't make sense, but if Shug says so then that's it.

But now how do I reverse my wooki? I guess I can flip it over and just deal with extra compression of the baffles?
    Yessir...the footbox is formed by the bugnet, not the hammock. With the bugnet off it is just a regular hammock.
    You will lose a lot of the efficiency of the Wooki with the baffles compressed.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle

Unfortunately, the Wooki isn't designed to be reversible since it is asymmetrical. I guess you could just try swapping ends, i.e. so the foot end would be where your head is. I don't think the Wooki would match up to your lay very well though.

Hey, fellow left lay-er here. You can't reverse the Wooki (or at least it's not designed for that). When you buy a Wooki, you have the option of buying a custom Wooki with a reverse lay. If you buy a stock Wooki, you will only be able to use it with a right lay.

I mean, I guess you could try it, but I doubt it would work well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Yessir...the footbox is formed by the bugnet, not the hammock. With the bugnet off it is just a regular hammock.
    You will lose a lot of the efficiency of the Wooki with the baffles compressed.
    Shug
    Admitted Newbie here so I am not questioning Shug. However I have my new WBBB XLT hanging in the basement trying to dial it in. I sleep on my left side as well. I have reversed the top net and the diagonal lay is just not the same with head Right as it is with head left. It simply does not feel as flat. I feel like it would be more comfortable laying head left and just flipping on my right side looking into the fabric vs out through the bug net. Am I just crazy or is there something to this? Do I just need to keep trying to figure out the reverse lay thing?

Bob

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast