Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Insulation
    Diy oq, uq, apex
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    I'm not saying it's ideal. But both the wife and I need to keep volume down so we have been compressing our jarbridge quilts for 3 seasons (only when in the pack hiking ) and so far they look and perform like new.

Hammock
    WB XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Wooki/Mamba
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastmatt View Post
    I'm not saying it's ideal. But both the wife and I need to keep volume down so we have been compressing our jarbridge quilts for 3 seasons (only when in the pack hiking ) and so far they look and perform like new.
    I don't understand he need to keep the volume down. I put my insulation in the bottom of my pack liner (in pack) then push the other stuff on top of that compressing just enough to get it all in. I had more trouble getting everything in when I used to use stuff sacks.

Hammock
    DH Raven
    Tarp
    HG CUBEN TARP
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies / CRL
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatBigDave View Post
    I don't understand he need to keep the volume down. I put my insulation in the bottom of my pack liner (in pack) then push the other stuff on top of that compressing just enough to get it all in. I had more trouble getting everything in when I used to use stuff sacks.
    +1 on this

With all my gear in their individual stuff sacks everything had to be placed Tetris style in the pack, leaving uneven dead space. Now it all just fits perfectly. I put my hammock still attached to my underquilt in the bottom of my pack liner. Makes setup and pack-up a lot smoother too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Insulation
    Diy oq, uq, apex
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatBigDave View Post
    I use a cdt. Or med. circuit and hate to use any of the extension. I like the packs to be more or less even with the top seam (frame /shoulder strap area) I feel the need to be able to tilt my head all the way back and have nothing behind me in that area. I usually also try to keep the stretch area almost empty (maybe a wet tarp or camp shoe ) and that's all. So with that being said I pretty much only use the main portion of the bag. Compactor bag,hammock ,fronkey style net ,underquilt ,long sleeping bag in compression sacks placed like puzzle pieces.dry tarp,ti.mug,with stove and fuel on top of that .night clothes,puffy,and some odds and ends clothing stuffed into the voids that are created .food in food bag ,water filter,and ditty bag on top . This allows me to get the desired volume result I'm after. Total 3 season weight all inclusive (food and 2 smart full water bottles ) is about 17-22ish lbs for 3-6 days. I've tried no sacks and just stuffing it all in and I wasn't able to keep the volume as low. Individual results may vary. I'm sure there is more than one way to skin a cat this just works best for me thus far.
    Last edited by Fastmatt; 06-21-2018 at 02:11.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12