SLD Custom Trail Lair
    Tarp
    12' HG CF w/doors
    Insulation
    EE down TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Dyneema & Ti

Loving my Trail Lair

This is my second trip w/my new Trail Lair. I have spent 7 nights sleeping in this rig so far, and every night I’ve slept like a baby. I even got to use the wind shield in 25-30 mph winds on a ridgeline campsite. I love Jared’s handy work!
    Double ended stuff sack:

Strap bag:

Topless:

Net deployed:

Windshield:

Windshield half deployed:

With EE bottom quilt:

Peak shelf and zipper pocket:

High quality stitch work (Jared is known for it):

My only regrets are:
    1)Not ordering one sooner
    2)Not getting a second peak shelf- man, they are handy!
    "Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."
    —John Muir

Hammock
    XLC/SLD 11' Tree Runner/BB
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/SLD WH
    Insulation
    Jacks 'R' Better
    Suspension
    MyersTech/Dyneema
    Images
    Trail Lair seems to be a great summer hammock. I am probably going to add a Tree Runner or a Streamliner soon.

The BB & the XLC seem to be better for colder weather. I get too hot in them.

My my summer sleeps have been very different than my winter sleeps. I find myself going inside a lot.

Also I see folks talk about zippers... starting to be sympathetic to those folks.
    Last edited by Vanhalo; 06-15-2018 at 19:57.
    "...in Florida, she felt air conditioning for the first time, and it was cold and unnatural upon her skin."

Hammock
    SLD Custom Trail Lair
    Tarp
    12' HG CF w/doors
    Insulation
    EE down TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Dyneema & Ti
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanhalo View Post
    Trail Lair seems to be a great summer hammock. I am probably going to add a Tree Runner or a Streamliner soon.

The BB & the XLC seem to be better for colder weather. I get too hot in them.

Also I see folks talk about zippers... starting to be sympathetic to those folks.
    I’m thinking that the Trail Lair will also be a great winter hammock, especially with the windshield deployed. I went with a calendared fabric on the windshield to maximize wind blockage. I’m not sure about the reference regarding the zippers; I personally have no negatives to share!
    "Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."
    —John Muir

Hammock
    XLC/SLD 11' Tree Runner/BB
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/SLD WH
    Insulation
    Jacks 'R' Better
    Suspension
    MyersTech/Dyneema
    Images
    I like the contrast on the stitching.
    "...in Florida, she felt air conditioning for the first time, and it was cold and unnatural upon her skin."

Hammock
    11' SLD Lair
    Tarp
    SLD and HG WP
    Insulation
    HG UQ
    Images
    I love mine. Your black one looks good!

Hammock
    SLD Custom Trail Lair
    Tarp
    12' HG CF w/doors
    Insulation
    EE down TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Dyneema & Ti
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanhalo View Post
    I like the contrast on the stitching.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohoopee View Post
    I love mine. Your black one looks good!
    Thanks! Jared used red stitching on the black hammock, and black sticking on the red windshield and stuff sack. He never blinks at a request!
    —John Muir

Looking good! I love my 1.0 hexon 10 footer that Jared made for me 2 years ago. Glad you like the peak shelf. That's a newer option that wasn't available when he made mine. Some history: the peak shelf came out of the development process I went through with Jared last fall as part of the "Voyageur" hammock project. Mine has one on both ends and I absolutely love it. Great hammock for winter camping!

Fyi, I saw on the website today that Trail Lairs are on sale through the end of the month, plus he's got a bunch of new stuff in the sale section.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair(s)
    Tarp
    SLD & Mtn. Fly
    Insulation
    HG 0,20,40 UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by michigandave View Post
    Looking good! I love my 1.0 hexon 10 footer that Jared made for me 2 years ago. Glad you like the peak shelf. That's a newer option that wasn't available when he made mine. Some history: the peak shelf came out of the development process I went through with Jared last fall as part of the "Voyageur" hammock project. Mine has one on both ends and I absolutely love it. Great hammock for winter camping!

Fyi, I saw on the website today that Trail Lairs are on sale through the end of the month, plus he's got a bunch of new stuff in the sale section.

Oh man, and I’m already on notice from the Mrs - you have enough hammocks! Bwahahahhah.... never too many!

JD

Hammock
    SLD Custom Trail Lair
    Tarp
    12' HG CF w/doors
    Insulation
    EE down TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Dyneema & Ti

Loving my Trail Lair

Quote Originally Posted by michigandave View Post
    Looking good! I love my 1.0 hexon 10 footer that Jared made for me 2 years ago. Glad you like the peak shelf. That's a newer option that wasn't available when he made mine. Some history: the peak shelf came out of the development process I went through with Jared last fall as part of the "Voyageur" hammock project. Mine has one on both ends and I absolutely love it. Great hammock for winter camping! Fyi, I saw on the website today that Trail Lairs are on sale through the end of the month, plus he's got a bunch of new stuff in the sale section.
    This beauty is a 11’ 1.2 Robic. I love the lay and feel of the fabric. I’m glad the peak shelves were a product of your collaboration w/Jared. I love mine and might have to send back my hammock to get a second one retrofitted. They are more than handy.

And folks would be crazy not to consider Simply Light, especially at sale prices!
    —John Muir

Quote Originally Posted by HangingUp View Post
    This beauty is a 11’ 1.2 Robic. I love the lay and feel of the fabric. I’m glad the peak shelves were a product of your collaboration w/Jared. I love mine and might have to send back my hammock to get a second one retrofitted. They are more than handy.

And folks would be crazy not to consider Simply Light, especially at sale prices!
    It's amazing how handy that peak shelf is and you can never have too much room. For winter it's great since it gives easy access to extra gloves, hats etc. The design goal was to make a place to keep things organized. My "Voyageur" review has some good info too.

I've always been a hexon 1 or 1.6 fan and have never laid in the robic. Anyone used both to give me an idea of the difference? May have to have Jared make me a robic Tree Runner to add to the fleet. Then I'll have one of everything.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast