Hammock
    Trail Lair/LSOH WarriorUL
    Tarp
    ManyFly's/HG WP
    Insulation
    HG/Speer/WB
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    That is one sweet looking Trail Lair. Being Dawg fan, I love those colors!

Quote Originally Posted by HangingUp View Post
    This beauty is a 11’ 1.2 Robic. I love the lay and feel of the fabric. I’m glad the peak shelves were a product of your collaboration w/Jared. I love mine and might have to send back my hammock to get a second one retrofitted. They are more than handy.

And folks would be crazy not to consider Simply Light, especially at sale prices!
    It's amazing how handy that peak shelf is and you can never have too much room. For winter it's great since it gives easy access to extra gloves, hats etc. The design goal was to make a place to keep things organized. My "Voyageur" review has some good info too.

I've always been a hexon 1 or 1.6 fan and have never laid in the robic. Anyone used both to give me an idea of the difference? May have to have Jared make me a robic Tree Runner to add to the fleet. Then I'll have one of everything.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair(s)
    Tarp
    SLD & Mtn. Fly
    Insulation
    HG 0,20,40 UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & webbing
    Will be camping and rafting this weekend with the family and the scout troop. We have three trail lairs and one “short hammock” for the four of us. Guess we need to draw straws......

Seriously though love Jared’s work and the TL. I find it the most comfortable of my collection. Interestingly I have one that is double layer, 1 or 1.3 I don’t recall which I find more supportive and super comfortable. I go about 180 and it really seems to work.

You can’t go wrong with SLD!

JD

Hammock
    Dutchware
    Tarp
    Sld / Kitsapcowboy
    Insulation
    Sld T Winder / Llg
    Suspension
    Dw / Sheltowee
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by michigandave View Post
    It's amazing how handy that peak shelf is and you can never have too much room. For winter it's great since it gives easy access to extra gloves, hats etc. The design goal was to make a place to keep things organized. My "Voyageur" review has some good info too.

I've always been a hexon 1 or 1.6 fan and have never laid in the robic. Anyone used both to give me an idea of the difference? May have to have Jared make me a robic Tree Runner to add to the fleet. Then I'll have one of everything.

Hey dave! I have used all the above materials. One of my sld streamliners is hexon 1.0 & the other is robic 1.2...i also have robic 1.0 but retired it due to all the failures i read about. The only way i can explain robic 1.2 is its right between the give of a hexon 1.0 & support of 1.6. It is a sheen like material , nice hand & i have to say equally as nice as hexon. In addition to it being a 1.2 it feels & seems a lot less fragile as a hexon 1.0. Hope that helps! If you get the tree runner before me please report . Thanks
    HAMmock po·lyg·a·mist

Tarp
    DD superlight tarp
    Insulation
    Cumulus M400
    Hello everybody, i’m new on the forum and i’m going to become a trail lair member club. I saw on the photos that the peak shelf seem to be sew on the hammock, it is right ? I make this question because i would like to make a lazy hanger ridgeline and i don’t know if it will not a problem to move ridgeline organisers at the end of the hammock with the peak shelfs (if they are not plenty of things of course).
    I hope you understand what i mean because my english is not very well !!

Quote Originally Posted by Syl20 View Post
    Hello everybody, i’m new on the forum and i’m going to become a trail lair member club. I saw on the photos that the peak shelf seem to be sew on the hammock, it is right ? I make this question because i would like to make a lazy hanger ridgeline and i don’t know if it will not a problem to move ridgeline organisers at the end of the hammock with the peak shelfs (if they are not plenty of things of course).
    There's no problem with it: the peak shelf is sewn onto the hammock body, but just looped over the ridgeline, so you can just unthread the ridgeline, add whatever storage you want, then thread it back on: your lazy hanger setup would squash the peak shelves when you retracted it, but that's not a particular issue. You could also just get it without peak shelves.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair, Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG, Zpacks, DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre, HG
    Suspension
    MyersTech
    Images
    Bought a couple more vented silnylon Catch All's from Jared... a 9' standard version & a 9.5' "winter" version. Talk about quick ship... ordered on the 26th, shipped on the 27th, in my mailbox on the 29th.

Love doing business with Jared!

Hammock
    Dutchware
    Tarp
    Sld / Kitsapcowboy
    Insulation
    Sld T Winder / Llg
    Suspension
    Dw / Sheltowee
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Syl20 View Post
    I find that the lazy hangers ridgeline gets hung up on the peak hoods of the trail lair. If used with a regular netless or netless with bugnet it works fine, but best with just a netless where nothing impedes the line
    HAMmock po·lyg·a·mist

Hammock
    Simply Light Designs Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SLD Winter haven
    Insulation
    Pine UQ / WB Wooki
    Suspension
    Dutch Ti buckle
    Have to join the fanclub. It's an absolute pleasure of a hammock. Such beautiful work and great service and turnaround time.
    Now I just need to help myself from buying his winter/wind haven. They look quite.. enticing.

IMG_20190828_174202.jpgIMG_20190828_175701.jpg

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12