Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images

Question Mason Dixon Trail clean up/ overnighter

I just signed up to be a section maintainer on the MD-T. I've got the section(s) of trail that start on the eastern side of the Susquehanna River in Perryville, MD ( map #7 if you have the trial maps), and continues heading east ending in the Elk Neck State Forrest in North East, MD on map #8. About half of this section of trail is on the sidewalk/ road and the rest through grassy meadows and dense hardwood forest. I drive the section that's on the road daily so I know its in good shape, but the wooded sections I've yet to checkout recently .So I was thinking of picking a weekend soon before it gets too hot and humid to go out on the trail to make sure its in good shape and to clear any obstructions or washouts and such. Its an easy 10 mile hike, so I wanna start on the western end, and once we get into the state Forrest at the eastern end, set up camp and spend the night in the piney woods. If anyone wants to join me, just let me know and we can workout the date and logistics. Here's the link to the M-DTS website for info on the trail : http://www.mason-dixontrail.org/index.html , hope to see a few of you soon, it should be fun!
    Last edited by Chesapeake; 06-18-2017 at 12:25.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

I would be interested in that. Already hot and humid but might as well. When were you thinking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Wookie, Costco, EE
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    I might be up for that...if you don't mind a newbie (only backpacking a month)

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Good point, summer is def here hu? I was thinking of looking at the extended forecast and picking the coolest Saturday/night out of the next 2 or 3, how does that sound? Its gonna be warm no matter what, but if we can do it when a front is coming in that should help mitigate the humidity and give us a nice breeze that night right? I'll check it out today. Murph, of course I don't mind! I've only been hanging a year now and just got back into hiking recently as well... I'm not a big miler anymore by any stretch so you fit right in I'm sure. I was planning on just bringing my Bacho Laplander folding saw, a small camp hatchet, some lawn bags for any trash, maybe lopers and shears. If there's fallen trees across the trail or anything major I'll just come back with my chain saw or any other tools the next chance I get or that Sunday if I can. I just wanna kinda use this hike to get a feel for the trail and take care of any small issues since its summer and its proly gonna be hot and humid ya know? I can check all the blazes on the road/sidewalks this week as I'm driving around.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Heres a link to AccuWeather and the hiking forecast for the area : http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/per...paign=threeday . The next 2 Saturdays are good and have under 70° overnight temps,but have a chance for a passing storm....after that its warmer but clear. Check it out and lemme know what you think?

Hammock
    Half-wit (3 season), Chameleon (win
    Tarp
    Superfly, Thunderf
    Insulation
    EE Revelation 20*,
    Suspension
    Whoopie!
    I'm interested, it would just depend on what weekend and what kids activities are going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Cool, any preferences on which weekend? Luckily my 3 kids aren't into anything at the moment, but once cheer, field hockey and dance start in the fall my weekends aren't mine anymore, so I know how tough it can be to get out and have a day to myself lol. I wanna try to do this on a weekend where everyone that wants to come can....

This weekend or next works for me.

Either 17-18 or 24-25Jun. After that is the 4th and things get busy.

Are you planning an end to end with car shuttles?

Is water available on the trail for filtering?

Sounds like a good time and I needed to do a shakedown hike anyway...

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Wookie, Costco, EE
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    I am away this weekend...23-25, I'm 50-50 for the following weekend July 1-2...I should know this week.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast