Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Dutchware 11' netless
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Suspension
    Myerstech dyneema
    Honestly I'm tired of dealing with it and wanted to know if I'm being too picky or if these are real issues.

I ordered it and there was a delay, which I approved, for a shop move.
    Then there was a delay because he was going to a prepper festival
    Then there was a delay because it took longer than he said
    Then I got the quilt, and it was the wrong color, and had real construction issues (like, "could rip when it gets stretched out" kind of issues).
    Then he sent me the correct quilt, and it had issues and I sent it back
    Now I got this back.

At this point I'm just tired and no longer want to ship stuff back and forth. I wanted a full length quilt good to 40 or below that is super light and packs small, and unless the claims on the site aren't true, this is the one. Other quilts are shorter, heavier, and/or way more expensive. I don't have to be happy about the construction and finish of the quilt but at this point if it works I'll just keep it.

However, I am going to write a review after a bit of use. After all of this I worry that the temp rating is wildly inaccurate, in which case this whole experience would be a failure. I've seen very good feedback from others on the quilts so I hope that's not the case.

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Quote Originally Posted by QFT View Post
    Honestly I'm tired of dealing with it and wanted to know if I'm being too picky or if these are real issues.

I ordered it and there was a delay, which I approved, for a shop move.
    Then there was a delay because he was going to a prepper festival
    Then there was a delay because it took longer than he said
    Then I got the quilt, and it was the wrong color, and had real construction issues (like, "could rip when it gets stretched out" kind of issues).
    Then he sent me the correct quilt, and it had issues and I sent it back
    Now I got this back.

At this point I'm just tired and no longer want to ship stuff back and forth. I wanted a full length quilt good to 40 or below that is super light and packs small, and unless the claims on the site aren't true, this is the one. Other quilts are shorter, heavier, and/or way more expensive. I don't have to be happy about the construction and finish of the quilt but at this point if it works I'll just keep it.

However, I am going to write a review after a bit of use. After all of this I worry that the temp rating is wildly inaccurate, in which case this whole experience would be a failure. I've seen very good feedback from others on the quilts so I hope that's not the case.
    Very Civilized.

Hammock
    DIY 1.7MTN
    Tarp
    HG Camo DCF Palace
    Insulation
    Incubator/Alsek
    Suspension
    Strap/Cinch Buckle
    Just make sure to test it to the temps you need it for BEFORE getting away from civilization.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Need Adventure...Make Adventure

Hammock
    Dutchware 11' netless
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Suspension
    Myerstech dyneema
    Yeah. I have a couple weekends coming up where I'm hauling a camper around... I might try sleeping in the hammock for a couple nights to judge it and just hop in the camper if it doesn't work. And it's rated "to freezing" but I'm planning on using it like a 40 deg quilt anyway.

Images
    Since the quilt is unused will this vendor give you your money back? I would not want to use a quilt that has brough me so much grief.
    Everytime I looked at it or used it I would think of the ordeal I went thru. Life is too short for that kind of drama. Ask for your money back.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    It's like a TJ Maxx purchase. It looks normal, works fine, but under closer inspection you find the reason why it was there instead of Macy's.

For $150, I might be able to let it go. Too bad it wasn't all black or darker colors to hide the action in pic #2.

What does the vendor say now (?) ... assuming you asked them about the latest condition.
    I collect vintage camp stoves.
    I roast coffee at home.

Hammock
    Dutchware 11' netless
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Suspension
    Myerstech dyneema
    After talking to them this much, I figured I'd ask your opinions rather than go back to him AGAIN. At the end of the day... I can't find another quilt which packs to ~2L, is 12oz, full length and goes below 40 degrees. So my choices become keep it, or refund with no similar alternate available. I'd rather keep it because I'm a backpacker who doesn't overly care about gear looking perfect; it's more of an annoyance than anything.

If it doesn't comfortably go to 40 deg, that's a deal breaker, but that's a different conversation. I'm suspicious of that, but reviews are encouraging...

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by QFT View Post
    After talking to them this much, I figured I'd ask your opinions rather than go back to him AGAIN. At the end of the day... I can't find another quilt which packs to ~2L, is 12oz, full length and goes below 40 degrees. So my choices become keep it, or refund with no similar alternate available. I'd rather keep it because I'm a backpacker who doesn't overly care about gear looking perfect; it's more of an annoyance than anything.

If it doesn't comfortably go to 40 deg, that's a deal breaker, but that's a different conversation. I'm suspicious of that, but reviews are encouraging...
    What about exchange for a 1st quality product? There's no sense keeping it if it you're not happy with it. Most cottage manufacturers have a generous return policy, and typically bend over backwards to make sure the customer is happy. If it's a reputable vendor, I would be surprised if they don't jump at the opportunity to "make it right"- since they know that their name will be forever tied to that product. I doubt they would want an inferior product in circulation- causing negative marketing for their company.

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    I agree with all the posts on this page.

I believe accepting second rate product at first class price is a personal choice. However, if there is not a consequence to gaining from selling something advertised as being of a certain quality, when it clearly is no up to the advertised standard, you are helping other trusting folks suffer disappointment.

Maybw the vendor was ill or had someone new helping, whatever the product is not up to reasonably expected standards. Your quilt was very amature. By not returning it, in my opinion you are helping the vendor fleece other unsuspecting first time buyers from thw offending company.

As I am sure you are aware a quilt that is comfortable at 40°F is very subjective.

Again, I am very pleased this is an adult discussion. Congratulations to all participants.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast