Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    I started a trip report on this hang under the trip report heading so we can post these there.
    Retired US Navy, 10-year Stage IIIb colon cancer survivor. I believe my last words will be "Hold my beer..."

Update on Big Bill. Where do I begin? Just thankful for so many things. I will post more later when I get home. No broken bones and no torn ligaments. He hyperextended his knee and is still unable to put pressure on it. We will follow up with our family physician. He is currently hold up in Asheville NC at an extended stay. Little Bill and I are driving to Bloomington IN so he can go to work in the morning. I will pick up my daughter's van and return to pick up Bill. Lots of traveling but it all works. Thanks to all of you for your immense compassion and help. So grateful.... beyond words. We are both so grateful. Will keep you all posted and send out a REALLY great travel report. Take care.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    "I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees."🌲🌲- Henry David Thoreau

Hammock
    Juniper or Walhalla
    Tarp
    Trailheadz winter
    Insulation
    20° Etherial
    Suspension
    Straps/Breeze buck
    I wish I had tomorrow off, I would offer to help shuttle him half way!
    Quote Originally Posted by athenawise View Post
    Update on Big Bill. Where do I begin? Just thankful for so many things. I will post more later when I get home. No broken bones and no torn ligaments. He hyperextended his knee and is still unable to put pressure on it. We will follow up with our family physician. He is currently hold up in Asheville NC at an extended stay. Little Bill and I are driving to Bloomington IN so he can go to work in the morning. I will pick up my daughter's van and return to pick up Bill. Lots of traveling but it all works. Thanks to all of you for your immense compassion and help. So grateful.... beyond words. We are both so grateful. Will keep you all posted and send out a REALLY great travel report. Take care.

Hammock
    11 foot gathered hexon1.7
    Tarp
    11 ft winter dutch
    Insulation
    TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Spider Straps 1.5
    Lots of driving is an understatement. I can write little bill a doctors note, but I don't think make believe doctors hold much credibility

I used the Delorme inReach SE (Old Delorme model) to call for help with Bill. I have to say I am pretty happy with the way it worked. I had it connected to my Android by Bluetooth. Much easier to read/write that way.
    Instead of a "BUTTON", like SPOT, you get a 2 way conversation. We were able to describe Bill and what the emergency was.

Tim, and others, went to the trailhead and Tim discovered that the rescue team had the wrong location given to them by the dispatcher, but that was squared away by him and then confirmed by the dispatcher. (I know Tim can explain that better than I can). We are all glad Tim was there, that saved a lot of time.

When I got out into the world I had a call/message from the International Response Team on my cell. I called back and they said they called my cell because over 90% of the emergencies have cell coverage also. NOT this one.

I am glad to have the device. (I paid a whole 50.00 for it at an REI Garage Sale.)
    I collect vintage camp stoves.
    I roast coffee at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Smckinney0031 View Post
    I wish I had tomorrow off, I would offer to help shuttle him half way!
    You are very kind. He is resting now and as long as he is resting his leg, it will do him good. Thank you for your kindness.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees."🌲🌲- Henry David Thoreau

Hammock
    Juniper or Walhalla
    Tarp
    Trailheadz winter
    Insulation
    20° Etherial
    Suspension
    Straps/Breeze buck
    I am glad, I hope he is sorted soon! I am so sorry the trip ended in injury!!

Quote Originally Posted by snwcmpr View Post
    I used the Delorme inReach SE (Old Delorme model) to call for help with Bill. I have to say I am pretty happy with the way it worked. I had it connected to my Android by Bluetooth. Much easier to read/write that way.
    Instead of a "BUTTON", like SPOT, you get a 2 way conversation. We were able to describe Bill and what the emergency was.

Tim, and others, went to the trailhead and Tim discovered that the rescue team had the wrong location given to them by the dispatcher, but that was squared away by him and then confirmed by the dispatcher. (I know Tim can explain that better than I can). We are all glad Tim was there, that saved a lot of time.

When I got out into the world I had a call/message from the International Response Team on my cell. I called back and they said they called my cell because over 90% of the emergencies have cell coverage also. NOT this one.

I am glad to have the device. (I paid a whole 50.00 for it at an REI Garage Sale.)
    So grateful for this technology combined with the human knowledge. Incredible to say the least. Thank you Tim for your calming knowledge and Ken for your calming in the middle of a storm and your emergency equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by athenawise View Post
    So grateful for this technology combined with the human knowledge. Incredible to say the least. Thank you Tim for your calming knowledge and Ken for your calming in the middle of a storm and your emergency equipment.

Ha, people that know me do not usually use the word calm and my name in the same sentence.
    Seriously, I think we were all glad to help.

Ken in NC
    I collect vintage camp stoves.
    I roast coffee at home.

Hammock
    Double Dutch
    Tarp
    OneTigris hot tent
    Insulation
    HG burrow/incubato
    Suspension
    beetle buckles
    Images
    I'm glad everything is ok...just a little complicated, that's all.

• + New Posts
  • Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast