Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hammock
    Chameleon clone
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Suspension
    WB Cinch Buckles
    Images
    I find the grosgrain border totally unnecessary. Just do a simple roll hem around the entire perimeter. I’ve been able to pitch that tarp quite taught with no concerns regarding strength.
    "Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates." -Mark Twain

Hammock
    DIY 12' 1.6 oz Hyper D Baby
    Tarp
    DIY 12' RSBTR kit
    Insulation
    UGQ-uq OWLtq DIYsy
    Suspension
    SpiderStrap TI tog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jcksparow View Post
    I find the grosgrain border totally unnecessary. Just do a simple roll hem around the entire perimeter. I’ve been able to pitch that tarp quite taught with no concerns regarding strength.
    I really appreciate everybody's advice thank you very much

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Be The light in Someone's Darkness - Change the World one Act of Compassion, One Act of Kindness at a Time - We are All Living on Borrowed Time
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfJ...XMJUMaraHGfzhA

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    Yep.. 1/4” rolled hem. No border on any of mine either.

Sent from somewhere east of Montauk...
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY 12' RSBTR kit
    Insulation
    UGQ-uq OWLtq DIYsy
    Suspension
    SpiderStrap TI tog
    Images
    Well took 4 days but she's done - will send some pics after I have time to string it up. Not happy with Ripstop by the roll though. I thought when it said kit and pre cut that I was getting a set up sent that was ready to sew. Only thing pre cut was the reinforcement pieces which would have been easy to cut. 26' of fabric wasn't something I planned on having to wrestle with. Took 2 days just to work out the cuts - specifically the cat cuts but love the fabric, and they got it shipped in no time.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Be The light in Someone's Darkness - Change the World one Act of Compassion, One Act of Kindness at a Time - We are All Living on Borrowed Time

Hammock
    BoneFire,DIY Bridge,DH
    Tarp
    HG DCF,UGQ,DIY
    Insulation
    BoneFire,UGQ,Clew
    Suspension
    BoneFire Deluxe
    Quote Originally Posted by GillyGilligan View Post
    Well took 4 days but she's done - will send some pics after I have time to string it up. Not happy with Ripstop by the roll though. I thought when it said kit and pre cut that I was getting a set up sent that was ready to sew. Only thing pre cut was the reinforcement pieces which would have been easy to cut. 26' of fabric wasn't something I planned on having to wrestle with. Took 2 days just to work out the cuts - specifically the cat cuts but love the fabric, and they got it shipped in no time.

Hey there! Just wanted to reach out and clarify the pre-cut situation. We offer tarp kits as both a regular kit (to save yourself some extra cash you would cut it yourself), or a fully pre-cut version. We do include pre-cut reinforcements on all tarp kits just to save the customer time.

Checking your order history, it looks like you selected the regular kit, which wouldn't have included pre-cut tarp panels. Hope that helps, and sorry for any confusion. Looks great btw!
    -Carter

www.RipstopbytheRoll.com| "The Best Fabrics on Earth. Guaranteed."

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY 12' RSBTR kit
    Insulation
    UGQ-uq OWLtq DIYsy
    Suspension
    SpiderStrap TI tog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Intimidator View Post
    Hey there! Just wanted to reach out and clarify the pre-cut situation. We offer tarp kits as both a regular kit (to save yourself some extra cash you would cut it yourself), or a fully pre-cut version. We do include pre-cut reinforcements on all tarp kits just to save the customer time.

Checking your order history, it looks like you selected the regular kit, which wouldn't have included pre-cut tarp panels. Hope that helps, and sorry for any confusion. Looks great btw!
    Yeah I was looking through some stuff and it looks like I made a mistake when I ordered. I've also entered a question or comment or whatever on the website about this. Again I think you're a fantastic company it just was a bummer that I got the wrong kit had to spend a lot of time cutting it but I'll put a video up I'll show you what it looks like I'm real happy with it.

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    I have only used the "Kit" that contains the components for a tarp. For me the first cutting is the most stressing. I do not have a table long enough to lay out the full length. Once I have the first tarp length cut, the rest is easy to cut (as long as the cat and pups are locked out). The second challenge is getting the ridgeline nice and pretty. I stopped binding the edges, it just seemed to add weight and cost. I use a little extra reinforcement for the ridgeline.

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY 12' RSBTR kit
    Insulation
    UGQ-uq OWLtq DIYsy
    Suspension
    SpiderStrap TI tog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFISH45 View Post
    I have only used the "Kit" that contains the components for a tarp. For me the first cutting is the most stressing. I do not have a table long enough to lay out the full length. Once I have the first tarp length cut, the rest is easy to cut (as long as the cat and pups are locked out). The second challenge is getting the ridgeline nice and pretty. I stopped binding the edges, it just seemed to add weight and cost. I use a little extra reinforcement for the ridgeline.
    Thanks for the help/advice. I will post an update w/a link to the video I made showcasing the process - and I will update my video that I chose the wrong kit

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY 12' RSBTR kit
    Insulation
    UGQ-uq OWLtq DIYsy
    Suspension
    SpiderStrap TI tog
    Images
    Well as promised she's done and seam sealed. Well mostly done - waiting on some tent poles that will mount internally at the door tie out point in middle to add space under it. Will string up the hammock after diy seam seal cures and get final pics of the new diy hammock and diy winter tarp.
    Thanks RSBTR and hf.net gang for help and support. I think I will type up some clearer directions and submit to RSBTR.

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    WTG, GG

ETA: How deep were your main and secondary cat-cuts on that tarp?
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast