Hammock
    11' Robic XL
    Tarp
    HG 11' Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQ Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Your platonic friend sounds like my girlfriend! We do the exact same thing. Well, maybe some more things too.

After trying some more times but adjusting the underquilt before the wine rather than after, it appears to just barely work but sometimes will pop out from under with too much movement like you say. I ordered a longer one and 60" wide from UGQ as that's who my other quilts are from and I like them. I figure its easier to cut it down than to stretch it but I have a feeling it'll work out well the way it is.

I've been successfully doing 2 in a hammock for over 10 years now with no problems other than underquilts. I live at the beach so I routinely sleep out there in a hammock and even with 2 it's amazing how much cooler it is than a tent. She's just now getting into the hiking aspect of it and that's why the underquilt is going to be necessary now.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmaduke View Post
    3 liters of wine and hammocking with a platonic female friend? You've got yourself the most trusting wife on earth. haha.
    I do indeed, but it's earned trust. I've been hiking with my friend for about a decade now. In all honesty though, if you're not overly prudish about personal spaces (with years of friendship comes years of clear communication and well-understood, mutually-respected boundaries) then it's a great way to save pack weight and space. In terms of gear, we share almost everything that isn't clothing or toiletries, so we're almost packing one person's worth of stuff to support two people. It's a fantastic level of efficiency.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BBXLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie; Bandit XL
    Suspension
    cinch buckle
    Images
    My lady and I lounged for several hours this weekend in my Kammock Roo with a Snugpack underquilt and it worked great. It was in the upper 40's in the attached pic and we were warm underneath. I would imagine there are extra wide quilts that would work even better.

[AIMG]IMG_4585.jpg[/AIMG]

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12