(late to the party - hopefully this information will still be useful...) Me and the wife did Section 10 of the MST this spring. You can read my trip report here: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...hlight=Section

We took a week to do the 79 miles (there's a 2-mile detour added to the trail at the Redwood Rd closure). and our son brought resupplies to the Rollingview campground for us (about the halfway point).

The two biggest issues we encountered were:
  • Camping on the first night - The first official campsite when going Eastbound is at 18.1 miles which was too much for us on day one on her first backpacking trip.
  • Access to water in some areas between the Eno River and Falls Lake sections - There's no water at the first campsite (Eastbound) which is on private property (Ward Family Campsite) and no good water source nearby on on the way to it either. There's a cooler under the big shelter that usually has bottles of water available but I wouldn't rely on it. I hiked in two gallons a couple of days before we hiked in. I also stashed some water near the corner of Tom Clark Rd and Redwood Rd. You can easily filter water once you get to the sections that follow along Falls Lake (the MST site does not recommend filtering any of the Eno or Falls Lake as a water source but we did the filter + chlorine and neither of us suffered any ills during our trip).

That being said, there are LOTS of positives about Section 10....
*Almost the entire 79 miles are in the woods and shaded.
*Two state park campgrounds (showers and bathrooms!)
*There are three primitive campgrounds maintained by MST.org that are free to use and all have picnic tables
Ward Family - HUGE shelter (50'x30'?). Fire pit. Wood for fire pit. Grill. Picnic table outside. Picnic table under shelter.
Redwood - Most wooded. Can get to the lake but you have to bushwack a little.
Possum Track - Most used. Easy access to water from trail.
*Lots of places to refill water without having to filter on the eastern half of the trail.
Rolling View Campground
Shinleaf Campground
Blue Jay Point Park
Yorkshire Center

If I were to do it again, I'd probably start at the dam and go West. The sections closest to the dam seemed to be nothing but going downhill to cross a stream at the end of the cove and then back up the hill (rinse, repeat) and I'd rather get them out of the way at the start than have them on days 6 and 7. Also, there's great swimming quarry near the western end of the trail that would be an awesome place to cool off and hang out in the hammock at the end of the trip.

Also, this Saturday (7/14) is a trail workday for that section with the emphasis being on weed-eating so the trail should be in really good condition after this weekend (less ticks from walking through tall grass...).

PM if you decide to do it. I live very close to Rolling View and would be willing to let you park at the house and shuttle you to the trail head.