Chameleon and a Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12'
    Insulation
    downy goodness
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    I totally appreciate the increase in stuff for sale! Most of my gear is from the for sale section. The stuff I bought new I bought during the big black friday sales, with the exception of my Dream Hammock and my Chameleon. I've been able to save a bunch of dollars while tweaking my gear. The problem is I always say I'll sell something once I get a "new to me" piece of gear. The problem is that hasn't happened yet, so my spare room looks like a set for a hammocking gear catalogue!! I was going through my stuff recently separating the "keep it" and the "sell it" stuff. I now have two bins full of gear that I might sell one of these days.......maybe.......perhaps........or not. It's a sickness.......
    “I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news”
    ― John Muir

Hammock
    Mood Dependent
    Tarp
    Weather Dependent
    Insulation
    Just Dependent
    Suspension
    Beckett Up Pardner
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dublinlin View Post
    TOO FUNNY!!! THAT’S PRECISELY WHAT I DO, TOO!!! It’s rougher on those of us who have spouses that hate hammocks and hiking and camping and pretty much anything to do with the outdoors. It makes us closet collectors—LOL!
    lol I have to add another guilty party ;P Maybe we should start a support group? My wife loves backpacking / hiking but fortunately not hanging so she's still not clued in what all "that crap" is for. If I upgrade one of our ground components she's on it like a hawk. "Did we really need that?"
    Once you're lost in twilight's blue, you don't find your way, the way finds you.

Hammock
    DW/Haven Safari
    Tarp
    Multiple
    Insulation
    Multiple
    Suspension
    Dutch/Tensa/Yobo
    With so many options to choose from, it’s takes a bit to figure out what works best. Sometimes you have to buy several different types of gear before one narrows it down to the “perfect setup). Everything else not being use are sold off.

It took me trial and error to figure what I liked/didn’t like.

In addition, it seems like more companies and entrepreneurs are getting into the hammock scene. I saw several hammock pitches on Kickstarter a couple of days ago.

More and more options... it’s like building a computer... or a gun. So many options, so many accessories, it starts adding up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement." --Chinese Fortune Cookie

Participated in the following events:
    HangCon 2018 - 2024, (to be continued...)

Hammock
    Wbbb, chameleon, Darian
    Tarp
    Dutch tarp,minifly
    Insulation
    Jacks
    Pulse you have to have different equipment for different seasons.
    We're all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that's all.

Hammock
    Sld TR blck, WBRR 2x
    Tarp
    Rsbtr kit hex 12 b
    Insulation
    Phnx. 40, WL shell
    Suspension
    Dutch buckles
    An additional factor is the budget down prices. Hard to sell premium quilts when budget are close to $100 for new semi custom gear.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema
    Insulation
    HG UQ, Custom TQ
    Suspension
    Yes
    I actually wish there were more things in the For Sale section sometimes. I'm a big proponent of buying used.

When it comes to anything 'high end' and specialized there's always a big resale market. Regular, ground dwelling backpacking, camera equipment, computers and clothing for instance - lots of resale.

Hammock
    Amok Dramur
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn View Post
    I actually wish there were more things in the For Sale section sometimes. I'm a big proponent of buying used.

When it comes to anything 'high end' and specialized there's always a big resale market. Regular, ground dwelling backpacking, camera equipment, computers and clothing for instance - lots of resale.
    Totally agree with this. As someone who is pretty new and sort of need to "buy to try", being able to buy things used is really a nice option.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn View Post

Luckily this will probably continue. With the cottage manufacturers introducing more and more to their line, plus the flood of random brands on Amazon, we'll probably see more for sale as people try new things or just want to upgrade to something new.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12