Hammock
    11' Dutchware netless
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Serrano/Habanero
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Well, almost three months later, and I am getting the hang of things. (I love puns, sorry.) Been camping twice, each for two nights. Best night sleep I've had in a good while, though I do need to get up at least twice to use the restroom, which kind of sucks. Then again, I'm getting older, so maybe I just need to make peace with that.

Started out with a pad and a blue tarp from HF. Ditched the pad after one night and then got a Super Fly for the second trip. Money well spent. Did the no-sew woobie UQ, which worked quite well on my second trip when temps got down to the mid-sixties.

My birthday was in July, and my MIL, who is super crafty, got me a sewing machine. Then she showed me the basics. Been messing around with it and decided to get the RBTR pillow kit and some mesh for some snakeskins. They're ugly as sin, but I can't wait to use them. Also made a stuff sack for the pillow, though I made a right mess of that. Will need to order some more material in order to fix that abomination.

I sare all this because I wanted to say thank you to this community, without which I would not have been able to do these things. Your openness and willingness to share make this place a jewel of the internet. I hope I get to meet some of you in the coming years.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiggen View Post
    Well, almost three months later, and I am getting the hang of things. (I love puns, sorry.) Been camping twice, each for two nights. Best night sleep I've had in a good while, though I do need to get up at least twice to use the restroom, which kind of sucks. Then again, I'm getting older, so maybe I just need to make peace with that.

Started out with a pad and a blue tarp from HF. Ditched the pad after one night and then got a Super Fly for the second trip. Money well spent. Did the no-sew woobie UQ, which worked quite well on my second trip when temps got down to the mid-sixties.

My birthday was in July, and my MIL, who is super crafty, got me a sewing machine. Then she showed me the basics. Been messing around with it and decided to get the RBTR pillow kit and some mesh for some snakeskins. They're ugly as sin, but I can't wait to use them. Also made a stuff sack for the pillow, though I made a right mess of that. Will need to order some more material in order to fix that abomination.

I sare all this because I wanted to say thank you to this community, without which I would not have been able to do these things. Your openness and willingness to share make this place a jewel of the internet. I hope I get to meet some of you in the coming years.
    sometimes i wish i could go back to my hammock beginnings just to be brand new to it and have all the research, testing and discovery to do again.
    good that you are enjoyin' the hammock comfort quest.
    it is a positive in your life and brings you out into nature.
    whoooooo buddy
    shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    BoneFire,DIY Bridge,DH
    Tarp
    HG DCF,UGQ,DIY
    Insulation
    BoneFire,UGQ,Clew
    Suspension
    BoneFire Deluxe
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    sometimes i wish i could go back to my hammock beginnings just to be brand new to it and have all the research, testing and discovery to do again.
    whoooooo buddy
    shug
    I feel the same way.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    -Carter

www.RipstopbytheRoll.com| "The Best Fabrics on Earth. Guaranteed."

Hammock
    11' Dutchware netless
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Serrano/Habanero
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    whoooooo buddy
    shug
    It's a steep curve, indeed.

Btw, I found your mandolin-specific vids last night. Found a link to the Soundcloud but couldn't get it to work. Are those track still public? I don't play, but I love me some bluegrass!

Welcome. I was in the same boat till a few months ago and have been sleeping in the back yard pretty often!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12