HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images

Question Local help needed... No trees!!!

So I have a favor to ask of anyone in my general area.... Next weekend i am going to camp at Hershey Park with my youngest daughter's scout troop at the Girl Scout Camp 'O Ree the Park is hosting. Just the other day I decided to take a look on Google maps to get a " lay of the land" for the Hershey Park campground, and to my dismay there are very few trees since its mostly an RV park that has tent pads. From what I could tell,it's mostly a large open area. I do have a fairly large *gulp* tent for my wife, daughter and any of her friends that wanna sleep in it with her and all the necessities required for * gulp* sleeping on the ground ( ew, that was hard to write, I can't image actually DOING it lol) , so I'm set in that regard. However, and this is where I need some help, I don't have a hammock stand. I tried TATO, but they are out of stock for the next few weeks my wife would not be happy if I spend that kind of cash right before a trip. Sooooo, I was wondering......if any of my kind and generous friends here on HF would have a stand you would be willing to let me use for the weekend. I just had surgery today to remove/ blast a giant kidney stone ( had the other kidney done 2 weeks ago lol) but once I recover I wouldn't mind coming to you or however you wanna do it. I Was in Wal-Mart this morning and saw that they had a " portable" hammock stand by Equip i think, but it won't work with our length of hammock and isn't tarp compatible. Its for your standard Equip or ENO length hammock. SO, if anyone is able to help me out, that's great and I can't thank you enogh! Like I said , it would be just for the weekend and I can bring it back whenever is best for you. You can either reply here I the post, shoot me a PM or e-mail me at [email protected]. Thank you very much in advance, it will be a HUGE help and would save my poor old body a lot of sleeping on the ground pain in top of this stupid painful stent I have for the next week and a half lol.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    Juniper or Walhalla
    Tarp
    Trailheadz winter
    Insulation
    20° Etherial
    Suspension
    Straps/Breeze buck
    Man I just have to say you are in my prayers. I had less pain during the natural labor with my son than I did with a stupid little kidney stone. The stent alone was bad....I hope you get rid of those quickly!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    I am 106 miles from you in VA. I do have a turtle dog stand that I would loan you if you can get here to pick it up and return it.

But considering the time and gas to do that and the cost of the materials to make one, it might be cheaper for you to make one.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair(s)
    Tarp
    SLD & Mtn. Fly
    Insulation
    HG 0,20,40 UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & webbing
    If I had one I’d bring it to you but I don’t. Bummer. Any chance you could use two vehicles as anchor points?

Hammock
    Martian Bridge (DIY)
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    If you happen to have 1 tree or attachment point, then you can fabricate another with a bipod/tripod arrangement. There are many threads on here regarding single tree hanging options.

Cheers

Brian
    Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment. - Unknown

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    No Ground poles........you can use two!

Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    SMR Stratus
    Insulation
    DIY Black Diamond
    Suspension
    Spider 1.5 Straps
    You could also make a hammock stand from PVC! There are a lot of different methods online that you can look up.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Thanks for the tips guys, I think I'll probably end up making something. I was also thinking about maybe trying the stand in Shugs vid that DD hammocks now sells, especially if I can use my 12' Chill Gorilla Hex with it. I still might get lucky and be able to hang from 2 trees or use one tree and a vehicle. I just want to make sure I've got options just incase. I can always just sleep in the tent if I have to , so I'm not totally screwed. Here's the Google map of it if anyone is interested :https://www.google.com/maps/@40.2717.../data=!3m1!1e3 . I just looked again and there are more trees than I originally thought. For some reason I was thinking that I read somewhere that we would all be in a field since its mostly an RV park. Now that I look at it again, it's much more favorable for hanging I think. It looks like the whole middle and perimeter are wooded. I might take something just in case but I'm thinking now that I'll probably be fine. Thanks again guys!
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    DH Raven, WBRR
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Insulation
    Cedar Ridge quilts
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    Thanks for the tips guys, I think I'll probably end up making something. I was also thinking about maybe trying the stand in Shugs vid that DD hammocks now sells, especially if I can use my 12' Chill Gorilla Hex with it. I still might get lucky and be able to hang from 2 trees or use one tree and a vehicle. I just want to make sure I've got options just incase. I can always just sleep in the tent if I have to , so I'm not totally screwed. Here's the Google map of it if anyone is interested :https://www.google.com/maps/@40.2717.../data=!3m1!1e3 . I just looked again and there are more trees than I originally thought. For some reason I was thinking that I read somewhere that we would all be in a field since its mostly an RV park. Now that I look at it again, it's much more favorable for hanging I think. It looks like the whole middle and perimeter are wooded. I might take something just in case but I'm thinking now that I'll probably be fine. Thanks again guys!
    You should check out tensaoutdoors.com first. The Tensa4 is very slick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx or Pads
    Suspension
    Straps and Biners
    Images
    What are you driving?? I routinely hang between a single tree and my roof rack. An SUV, mini-van, or most any larger vehicle with a roof rack will work.

A quickly made turtle-dog will work well. If you can get them to expedite the order then one of the bipod type stands using the tarps.com brackets will work great too. I've got one on my porch I hang from all the time and it's pretty easy to transport.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast