Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware

DIY XL Waterproof Gear Hammock (The Cowboy War Bag, 4.5-foot/54")

Offered for sale, my DIY Cowboy "War Bag" Silpoly XL Waterproof Gear Hammock (4.5-Foot Black), an extra used DIY item to offer here as I pare down my gear bins to make space.

YOURS FOR JUST $32 DELIVERED IN THE CONUS

I made this this sturdy DIY waterproof gear hammock as a waterproof storage solution for large bulky items. Based on a popular concept, I made several of them for friends and have been using a couple of the extras myself for the last year with excellent results in the field! Now I'm passing this one on to someone here. This waterproof gear hammock (with minor refinements from my original prototype) has been used for just a couple of one-night trips and remains in excellent "nearly new" condition after light use; it has never been filled to capacity and has NO noticeable faults, no dirt/stains, nothing to deter you from enjoying it as "new to you". The War Bag is big enough (approx. 54" by 16" min. diameter when fully closed) to hold the biggest internal-frame backpack you're going to want to carry on a hike -- including large traditional packs in the 80- to 100-liter range. My extra-large DIY design for this popular concept is about 15% bigger than the similar cottage vendor option, yours for about 40% less money. (Photos show it filled with a loaded 68-liter ULA Circuit with plenty of room to spare.) Easy to use, just hang by your choice of virtually any simple suspension (e.g., webbing, whoopies, Dynaglide, paracord; not included), fill it, weight the top pocket with a rock or water bottle, and flip the top to close it for a waterproof seal. It can hang between any two trees at your campsite or even in-line next to your hammock under your tarp. It's made from RBTR Silpoly XL wide waterproof fabric, which is tough with a high hydrostatic head (waterproofness rating), to weather extremes of wind and rain. Built-in Dyneema ridge line and 7/64" Amsteel continuous loops (the same as your full-sized hammock). Very good reviews from all of the War Bag's recipients so far! There are many, many ways to use this handy storage item; it can be fashioned into a field-expedient pack cover or ground mat, and the UHMWPE cord components can be used to supplement your hammock and tarp suspension in a pinch!. Folds up neatly into its own 8" x 10" pocket inside your pack and is feathery-light! Weighs less than 150 grams (5.2 oz)! Safely supports loads of up to 40 pounds. Price includes ConUS shipping! You will love this gear hammock...

NB: This item will be offered for concurrent local sale soon after this posting, so please indicate your intention to buy ASAP.

Payment via PayPal electronic instant transfer only (no e-checks), please. Prices include ConUS shipping; with regret, no international shipping is available.

First "I'll take it" posted here followed by electronic payment gets this very handy and practical gear item.

Buyer, please send me a private message; I'll respond promptly to your PM with a reply to confirm and provide payment details.

Thanks for your interest.

Last edited by kitsapcowboy; 06-01-2018 at 07:33.
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Senior Member Tyroler Holzhacker's Avatar
    Hammock
    DH DL Sparrow/SL Darien
    Tarp
    MacCat/WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    LL/JRB/DIY down
    Suspension
    MSH/Whoopies/strps
    Images
    I will take it.

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    SPF to TH; PM received and reply sent...
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Senior Member Tyroler Holzhacker's Avatar
    Hammock
    DH DL Sparrow/SL Darien
    Tarp
    MacCat/WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    LL/JRB/DIY down
    Suspension
    MSH/Whoopies/strps
    Images
    Payment sent via Paypal