WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles

UQ Protector--Ridgerunner

Initial review of my new 2QZQ underquilt protector that I plan on using with my Warbonnet Ridgerunner bridge hammock. Details: Burnt Orange color in Argon 90 fabric. (All my Warbonnet stuff is either brown or green so I wanted to add a little color.) Cost in May 2018 was $45 and that included shipping. Weight, 5.2 oz. The stitching and work of the product is exceptional. Material, stitching and seams are all high quality.

Want to show you some pictures and provide some initial feedback on my experience with it so far...

Weight 5.2 oz

To put the UQ Protector on the easiest way is to flip the Ridgerunner over (Pro-tip, this is the easiest way to put on your underquilt too. Hopefully my fellow Ridgerunner owners have figured this out already!)

To attach the UQ Protector, the directions say to "Place the spreader bar end pin through the tab on one of the corners of the underquilt protector before you place the spreader bar in the rectangular metal suspension bracket of the Ridgerunner and repeat on the other three corners." So that's what I did. So no clips or caribiners.

There are eight tabs (one on each corner and a second tab about 10-12" along the side). The ones on the corners next to the shockcord and lock are the "first set of tabs." The ones down the side a bit are the "second set of tabs." I have the "first set" (corner tabs) attached. You can see the "second set" on the side. I'll get back to this and how using the first set or second set affects adjusting the UQ Protector.

UQ Protector on before any adjustments. Ridgerunner is still bottom side up.

Ridgerunner flipped right side up now. Still before any adjustments.

Things tightened up. What I found was with the "first set" of tabs attached to the spreader bar, I needed to pretty much tighten the side adjustment shockcord about all the way to get the sides taut. Didn't have to adjust the head and foot end shock cords as much. You can see how the sides are gathered. Don't know if you can see it, but there is a cordlock for the shockcord in the middle of each side. The shockcord does not extend all the way to each corner, but about half way to each corner.

I've moved to the "second set" of tabs now. You can see how the sides are not gathered now. I could tighten the side shock cord a bit, but it wasn't really necessary. I did have to tighten the head and foot ends more now (almost all the way). So to reinterate, when I used the "first set" of tabs I had to tighten the sides a lot, but not the head and foot ends as much. "Second set" of tabs, didn't have to tighten the sides as much (if at all), but had to tighten head and foot ends alot!

The head and foot ends both have a left side and right side shock cord and cord lock. This is at "second tab" setting.

Continued in the next post.....
    Last edited by drsolarmolar; 05-26-2018 at 19:00.

• + New Posts