Tarp
    WB Superfly UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG/LocoL/AHE/UGQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Five Tango View Post
    Do you mean I can get chameleon options for my half zip?Yeah,I didn't know!
    Me too. I bought my nephew a half zip for X-mas. So the sidecar would work? How about the top cover?
    Hanging in the woods, paddlin and catching trout- My kind of living...

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvmyBonnet View Post
    Me too. I bought my nephew a half zip for X-mas. So the sidecar would work? How about the top cover?
    The peak shelf and the storage pockets work. I can make a side car work but you can't order one without emailing me first. The zippers are close but slightly different. The top cover will not work because the Half zipped only had a zipper on one side.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    WBBB XLC / Wide Chameleon
    Tarp
    TBD...
    Insulation
    XLC Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie + Dutch Bl
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    The peak shelf and the storage pockets work. I can make a side car work but you can't order one without emailing me first.
    Maybe you need a bigger challenge - how 'bout a stainless steel Sidecar with a flux capacitor?

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    The top cover will not work because the Half zipped only had a zipper on one side.
    Although you can order the Half-Zip with a top cover instead of a regular bugnet.

Quote Originally Posted by Slackdaddy View Post
    After reading/watching many reviews, seems the Chameleon is universally praised for its flat lay/comfort and am thinking I may need one? I cant get truly comfortable in the HH.
    I've never tried the HH, but I find the Chameleon Wide (1.6 SL) to be very comfortable. I also do well with an 11' Dutch Netless, although the Wide is easier for me (6'0", 235lbs). I keep going back and forth between my Chameleon Wide and my WBBB XLC. For me, both of these are far more comfortable than shorter hammocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Slackdaddy View Post
    Any advantage of the Chameleon over the Half-Zip ??
    The Half-Zip, AFAIK, is not reversible like the Chameleon (switch from head right to head left by flipping the bugnet). Also, if you really like to move around alot, you can get a symetrical bugnet for the Chameleon.

If you think you might eventually want to do a tandem hang with a friend, the Chameleon works with the Double Dutch Bugnet, which is really wonderful option and IMHO a major advantage. You can still do a tandem hang with a pair of Half-Zips - but I like the open space in the shared bugnet much better.

Hammock
    DW Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    HGUQ 10 | WBDB 20
    Suspension
    Marlin Sp. Whpies
    Hey, I've got both!

In my opinion, functionally, there isn't much difference between the two if you're never switching out / removing your top cover / net, and yes; the Half-zipped has the same d-rings and hooks for tie-outs, UQ's, and accessories. I have slept in both and they both provided an awesome lay and a great night's rest.

However... I would recommend you get the Chameleon, because even though you don't think you'll need or use any of the features right now, once you actually get one you will WANT to trick it out and do cool stuff with it. There's so many cool new things that Dutch is coming up - take for example all the Print2Fabric stuff - I already have a bugnet, but you bet your butt I want to get a GALAXY PRINT BUGNET! hahaha.

Along with all that, another great thing about the chameleon is 2 way entry, and that you can use two together with the double dutch net - which I am pretty sure wouldn't work (or not very well) with the Half-zipped + chameleon.

In my opinion, having all those extra options down the road for about $30 more is worth it.

Hammock
    Depends on the day
    Tarp
    HG Hex, WBSF, WLTP
    Insulation
    HG UQ / UDQ TQ
    Suspension
    Dyneema Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by James Fowler View Post
    The Half-Zip, AFAIK, is not reversible like the Chameleon (switch from head right to head left by flipping the bugnet). Also, if you really like to move around alot, you can get a symetrical bugnet for the Chameleon.
    You can order a reverse lay (head right/feet left) half-zipped if you comment while ordering, you just can't reverse it once it's built. I just ordered one in hexon 1.0 to replace my half-wit for long warm weather hikes.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Asym Xenon
    Suspension
    Whoopies/UHMWPE
    Slackdaddy wrote:

"I have about 6-7 Hennesyes (original, Explorer, UL Backpacker, Safi, Jungle that I have been using for the last 15 years kayak camping. All of them have the zipper. or zipper mod."

No attempt here to speak ill of another manufacturer. Tom at Hennessy is a great guy and a huge pioneer in hammock camping. And in fairness I abandoned my HHs about 8 years ago before some of his newer offerings. But going from my HH to my Warbonnet Blackbird at the time was like going from hamburger to filet mignon. More comfortable, easier entry, lighter, easier storage. And now the Chameleon accomplishes even more, and with greater flexibility.

The contemplations for me are no longer which hammock to bring, but how I want to dial it in, which accessories will apply to my outing, what tarp, and the horrible consideration about what to do if I have to go to ground.

Which hammock? Chameleon.
    Which tarp? Dutch Asym (if it ain't winter or gonna pour I usually go Dutch Asym), WB Cloudburst if it's looking like rain, or Dutch Xenon Hex (12 ft) if I'm not sure.
    Which accessories? Whoopie Hooks on Spider Web, Sidecar, Ridgeline Organizer and Peak Shelf.
    What to bring in case I have to go to ground? A cell phone, gas money, my Cineplex card, a 4 pack of Virgil's Root Beer, and a camper trailer.
    Who to tell that I had to go to ground? Absolutely nobody. Never, ever, never.
    Please enter your signature here.

Hammock
    Dutchware
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by James Fowler View Post
    Maybe you need a bigger challenge - how 'bout a stainless steel Sidecar with a flux capacitor?

Although you can order the Half-Zip with a top cover instead of a regular bugnet.

I've never tried the HH, but I find the Chameleon Wide (1.6 SL) to be very comfortable. I also do well with an 11' Dutch Netless, although the Wide is easier for me (6'0", 235lbs). I keep going back and forth between my Chameleon Wide and my WBBB XLC. For me, both of these are far more comfortable than shorter hammocks.

If you think you might eventually want to do a tandem hang with a friend, the Chameleon works with the Double Dutch Bugnet, which is really wonderful option and IMHO a major advantage. You can still do a tandem hang with a pair of Half-Zips - but I like the open space in the shared bugnet much better.
    The flux capacitor.....hahahahaha....thank you sir for making me laugh!!! Again, I will be at Blade Show, would like to make you acquaintance. If you stop by the LTWK booth, they will know where I am. Just ask for Longbow... Hope to see you there.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutchware
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Here's my Chameleon with the sidecar. This is also my vote. This is the best sleep I ever got, and I am excited that I am sleeping in it tomorrow night. tapatalk_1527053005653.jpeg

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Asym Xenon
    Suspension
    Whoopies/UHMWPE
    Quote Originally Posted by Longbow44 View Post
    Here's my Chameleon with the sidecar. This is also my vote. This is the best sleep I ever got, and I am excited that I am sleeping in it tomorrow night. tapatalk_1527053005653.jpeg

Sorry Longbow,

All I see is a blue camp chair. Perhaps you got the camo Chameleon (Camo Camo Camo Camo Camo Chameleon, you come and go...).
    Please enter your signature here.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12