Thread: Yooper in SoCal

Yooper in SoCal

Greetings board,
    I ran across this forum while looking for used backpacking gear. Ton of great info and appreciate the community already. I'm a sports lover who has been into backpacking for about 10 years now. Started off woefully unprepared after my first ACL surgery backpacking in Big Sur and fell in love. Bare minimum back then with no tent, no cooking on the trails and getting lost in the woods. Over the years I've accumulated more/better gear and have been all around the Western United States. Got a big road trip coming up where I'll be with my wife and dog driving from LA back to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Making stops in Cayonlands, Orray CO and the Black Hills. Love long road trips and the freedom of the road. If anyone has any tips on taking dogs across the country in a car, I'd love to hear them.

When I'm not backpacking I'm playing basketball, surfing or hiking all around LA. I also love to road bike and recently purchased a used Cannondale Synapse. Love to stay active and appreciate the great outdoors from my up bringing.

I became very interested in quilts after reading about them online. I'm a side sleeper that is always uncomfortable in mummy bags and it seemed like top quilts may suit me very well. Going to try it out, which me luck. Hopefully with everyones tips on here, I can make a better sleeping experience.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    Images
    Welcome! I'm also in SoCal but a little further south in San Diego. Once you try a quilt, I think you'll like the difference. I know I did. Sounds like a great road trip adventure. Good Luck!

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Hex, DIY
    Insulation
    LLG Saver TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Beetles
    First was a quilt... Then the lure of the hammock whispered in his ear, an idea echoed by thousands HF members. Within a year he was posting about his new set up including seasonal topquilts, underquilts, hammock(s), tarp(s), etc...

Welcome to the forums from South Jersey.

• + New Posts