Tarp
    D.I.Y. 12' winter
    Insulation
    cool weather
    Suspension
    Poly. S.S. Beckett
    Images

all in one stuff sack? net,uq,G.E.

How many of you have left the whole setup together for quick deployment? I have a snugpak under blanket, Cryptic cricket bug net, and 11' hammock.

I installed the U.B and it attaches to the CL and the Carbiner at the tree on each end. I then slid the suspension with the U.B lines, through the corner of the net on each end.

Pulling one end from the hang and stuffing it in the sack it all goes in easily. Now I know the straps length will need to be adjusted for each new hang but It's super simple.

It's pouring out so I haven't tried it out in the wilds yet...

Am I doing it wrong?

I did miss the hammock and dropped into the U.B and ended up upside down on the bed. Dog's were laughing at me. It's a bit of a job getting the light hammock to spread while trying to get in. The U.B makes it worse, then the elastic on the net on top of that.

I like the all in one bag set up but wondering if getting in and out will get easier and whether it'll all get wadded/twisted while trying to set it up. I'll get a video as soon as it clears up in an hour or three. See if I can do it without getting everything soaked...

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx or Pads
    Suspension
    Straps and Biners
    Images
    Look for a LST (Lazy Slug Tube). I think this may be what you're looking for.

https://wildernesslogics.com/THE-LAZ...-Lazy-Slug.htm

Hammock
    11' 1.6 Hexon
    Tarp
    D.I.Y. 12' winter
    Insulation
    cool weather
    Suspension
    Poly. S.S. Beckett
    Images
    I should have known it wasn't a new idea. Still my question is how does it work long term? Worth the trouble? My set up is 5 lbs but it's in a military compression bag that also serves as a water bucket at camp.

I think if I can make the U.B more easily adjustable with cord locks and loosen the bug net it'll be much easier to get in and out of.

How many of you use this set up and do you love it?

Hammock
    Streamliner, Boone 30
    Tarp
    UGQ, Spinn Edge
    Insulation
    UGQ, SSUQ, Greyloc
    Suspension
    UCR's, Whoopies
    Images
    I use a roll top Sea to Summit dry bag to pack my hammock, under quilt still attached to the hammock, bugnet still attached to the hammock, pillow and top quilt still attached to the hammock. It works great for me, I just hang the tarp when I get to camp and then hang the hammock. I detach the straps and place those in the top of the dry bay for quick access when hanging the hammock. I find it is really handy to have everything in place and ready to deploy at once after hanging the straps, it's super easy to unpack/pack just connect the hammock to the 1st strap and walk over to the 2nd strap as the hammock pulls out of the bag never hitting the ground. Packing is as easy.

I use a 9 liter for my summer kit and a 13 or 15 liter for my cold season gear. I like to idea of the dry bag protecting my sleep kit, but have toyed with the idea of adding a pass thru hole for the suspension on the closed end of the bag like the black bishop bag but haven't been convinced during use it's worth compromising the water proof bag for the minor convenience. So far I've not had an issue with grabbing the end of the hammock as I'm walking to the 2nd strap. It's not the only way, but it is my preferred way to hang.

My Sheltowee has a bag with a hole on the closed end of the hammock bag with a pocket to hold the cinch buckle, but the bag is too small for the top quilt.

Enjoy developing your own system.
    Give me more darkness said the blind man,
    Give me more folly said the fool,
    Give me stone silence said the deaf man,
    I didn't believe Sunday School.
    Phil Keaggy

Hammock
    DH Raven
    Tarp
    HG CUBEN TARP
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies / CRL
    When I am hiking I leave my under quilt attached (bug net is integrated) and stuff it into my pack which has a dyneema (cuben fiber) pack liner. It makes everything much easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx or Pads
    Suspension
    Straps and Biners
    Images
    Don't get too carried away trying to cinch up your bugnet. Sure, the occasional critter might try to climb up the inside but it's the flying ones you're trying to keep out. The weight of the fabric plus the shock cord is enough to keep the opening "closed" where it drapes over the edge of the hammock body. Skeeters and even the noseeums won't make it through.

Hammock
    11' 1.6 Hexon
    Tarp
    D.I.Y. 12' winter
    Insulation
    cool weather
    Suspension
    Poly. S.S. Beckett
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zukiguy View Post
    Don't get too carried away trying to cinch up your bugnet. Sure, the occasional critter might try to climb up the inside but it's the flying ones you're trying to keep out. The weight of the fabric plus the shock cord is enough to keep the opening "closed" where it drapes over the edge of the hammock body. Skeeters and even the noseeums won't make it through.
    Thank you. This was my first setup outdoors. Going to need a little more practice. I think I like it so far. Thinking maybe a prussic for the U.B long lines to the webbing?

Watch the fool work....

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0, Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ's, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    I had never tried it until this past year.

Rather than making a new sack that I may not like, I used my (rather heavy) Thermarest pump sack, with the hole in the bottom, to pack my hammock, bugnet, TQ & UQ. I really liked it, but the minor disadvantage I saw is that the TQ can sometimes fall out upon deployment. Oh it also gets a little tangled occasionally.

I liked it enough to make a lighter sack and try again this year.

Hammock
    11' 1.6 Hexon
    Tarp
    D.I.Y. 12' winter
    Insulation
    cool weather
    Suspension
    Poly. S.S. Beckett
    Images
    what type bug net? I know my CDT is very slippery. I prefer fleece when canoe camping.

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    I have a Hennessy Classic opening and I took one of my oversized stuff sack, put a hole in bottom, and now stuff the hammock, and both quilts into it leaving the suspension outside the bag. It will sometime get a bit tangled but is way better than doing everything separate.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

• + New Posts