Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware

DIY 1.9/1.1 oz DOUBLE-LAYER "Chameleon-Compatible" Hammock Body with Dutch Chameleon Zippers

PRICE DROP! (I just checked my old receipts.) NOW $70 + $7 shipping! SAVE $10!

PERFECT FOR ANYONE INCLUDING HEAVIER HANGERS 300LBS+!

Offered for sale: A pretty nice "Chameleon-compatible" 11-foot gathered-end hammock body in excellent condition after limited use. It is built with genuine Dutchware Gear Vision reversible zippers, the same as used on the Dutchware Gear Chameleon hammock. This is a lightly used DIY item I made last year for a local hanger on request who never went through with our deal. I've used it for one overnight hang and a series of enjoyable afternoon lounges with great satisfaction, but I have to thin the herd, so this one will go to someone here... My loss is your gain! I think this was my fourth DIY Chameleon clone...

This is the hammock body only -- NO net, cover, or tie-outs included -- but it will take all of Dutch's zippered Chameleon accessories like the nets, covers, and Sidecar. Includes a generously sized ACU digital camo "Bishop Bag" type stuff sack (see first photo). (A factory Dutch top cover (not included) is shown in the photos so you can observe the fit; the zippers run super-smoothly...)

The outer layer of the double-layer hammock body (two layers make it insect-proof!) is super-sturdy and very good-looking 1.9 oz diamond ripstop nylon from DIY Gear Supply in Foliage Green (approximately the same as the lighter grey-green shade in the US Army's previous Army Combat Uniform, but really just a nice soft earth tone). The inner layer is a matching shade of comfortable, high-breathability 1.1 ripstop nylon, the same material Simply Light Designs uses in their lightweight 1.9/1.1 double-layer Multicam hammocks. Sturdy pairs of external grosgrain tie-outs with pack hooks at four points (Chameleon spacing) let you choose lay direction with Dutch's nets and covers or use it netless, and you can attach the hooks to a variety of tie-out configurations or use them to wrangle your underquilt! Mesh zipper hoods with adjustable tension via shock cord. Pad pocket to add versatility and work with CCF or inflatable pads (like the Klymit Hammock V). Heavy-duty 1/8" Amsteel Blue continuous loops.

As previously stated, the hammock is in excellent condition, used approximately on just one overnight and a few afternoons of lounging, in excellent condition with NO significant wear, damage, dirt, stains, or odors -- nothing to inhibit your enjoyment of it is "new to you".

Finished dimensions are 132" long x 58" wide with an approx. 110" ridge line, and it weighs approximately 25 oz (730 grams) for the hammock body in the stuff sack; with a Dutch factory net (not included), it's about 840 grams in its stuff sack, ready to pack. Weight capacity is well over 300 pounds.

For comparison, MSRP is about $175 for a brand new genuine double-layer standard Chameleon body (no net/accessories) in 1.6/1.0 oz.

This one is yours today for $70 (just enough to cover my materials) + $7 ConUS shipping, paid via PayPal. (With regret, no international shipping is offered.)

This item will be offered for concurrent local sale soon after this posting, so please indicate your intention to buy ASAP.

Payment via PayPal electronic transfer only, please.

The first "I'll take it" posted to this thread followed by a PM and electronic payment gets this hammock.

Thanks for your interest.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kitsapcowboy; 05-18-2018 at 12:25.
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Hammock
    Dutch Netless
    Tarp
    DIY Hex
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, ENO
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Does it come with ridge line and CL's?

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunckelman View Post
    Does it come with ridge line and CL's?
    Yes! I forgot to mention the CLs are made from beefy 1/8" Amsteel Blue for extra strength.

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    PRICE DROP NOW $70 + $7 shipping

(I just checked my old receipts...)

Hammock
    Townsend Bridge
    Tarp
    Homemade Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ TR Pad
    Suspension
    Dogbones-Mule Tape
    I'll take it.

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    SPF to heyduff and PM sent

I'll take it 2nds if above falls through.

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    SOLD with thanks to all interested parties. Closing thread...

• + New Posts