WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    I've been thinking the same thing. I have an extra long rectangular 20 degree bag with a hood. I think I'll try it out just for grins.

Miguel

PS Newbie question: Since you don't use the netting when it's cold do you just flip the hammock over so the it's on the bottom and then pull the bag over the whole thing?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
    PS Newbie question: Since you don't use the netting when it's cold do you just flip the hammock over so the it's on the bottom and then pull the bag over the whole thing?
    If it is a HH, then you sleep in it as usual. The ridge line keeps you from flipping it over.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Ewker - if you have a Speer-type, you may be able to pull the entire bag over the hammock. Depending on the design, you may not have to make any alterations. Most likely, you'll at least have to cut a hole in the bottom. Check out the "pull up bag" here and click on the "see pic" link for what I'm talking about.

I don't think it's too tough to turn it into a true underquilt, but you'll have to cut it up as mentioned before. Patrick from KAQ made his first underquilt from a TNF bag. He put pics on WB if you do a search.

Miguel, you can't really flip over a Hennessy unless you make a removable ridgeline. If you're willing to do that, then you may find a pull-up bag that works. Or maybe you could use a Pea-Pod. But if you're gonna do that, you might as well just buy a Speer so you could just leave the bug net at home and save the ~4 oz. Or make a homemade one and save the ounce or so of the velcro, too.
    Last edited by Just Jeff; 10-24-2006 at 22:06.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    Ewker - if you have a Speer-type, you may be able to pull the entire bag over the hammock. Depending on the design, you may not have to make any alterations. Most likely, you'll at least have to cut a hole in the bottom. Check out the "pull up bag" here and click on the "see pic" link for what I'm talking about.

I don't think it's too tough to turn it into a true underquilt, but you'll have to cut it up as mentioned before. Patrick from KAQ made his first underquilt from a TNF bag. He put pics on WB if you do a search.

Miguel, you can't really flip over a Hennessy unless you make a removable ridgeline. If you're willing to do that, then you may find a pull-up bag that works. Or maybe you could use a Pea-Pod. But if you're gonna do that, you might as well just buy a Speer so you could just leave the bug net at home and save the ~4 oz. Or make a homemade one and save the ounce or so of the velcro, too.
    I have a Claytor Jungle Hammock with no ridgeline and the netting is permanently attached. I don't have any plans on making a home made hammock...at least for now.

Miguel

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12