Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    By the"hammocks CLs" that's the black rope threaded through the end of the hammock that currently has the 'biner attached?

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Yes, that's it, or you could replace those black ones with the CLs that are currently running thru the Dutch biners... use that black rope to help pull them thru the hammock channels and larkshead them in place... once they've been loaded will full body weight they'll 'take a set' and won't come out, at least not inadvertently.

What you should do with the SRL (the Structural Ridge Line, the one on the hammock), is capture the end loops of those inside the hammock CLs so that they are positioned properly.

That would really clean up things, and you can feed the SRL under the bug net and see how that looks... might be able to do away with the other 2 cords that hold up the bug net and simplify that setup. This will permit you to bring the tarp right down to the SRL if desired, which is good for maximum tarp coverage when the weather is really bad.
    Last edited by cmoulder; 05-16-2018 at 20:56.
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado (Dream-Tex)
    Tarp
    ThunderFly
    Insulation
    Wooki, Diamondback
    Suspension
    DW June Bug Buckle

Help! Angles and ridgeline setup

That is one funky net! If you could remove that net, then here’s what you can do. Instead of running that black rope through the end channel on the hammock like you have it, squeeze the loop together and run it through “two at a time” and tie what they call a lark’s head knot with it. But as you do this, loop your ridgeline through the short “U-shaped” part. You’ll do this at the midpoint of tying this knot, just like the redline in this picture below. That will lower your ridgeline down low enough to support a bug net all on it’s own. You will have to shorten your ridgeline too. Make it 83% of the length of your hammock body’s entire fabric length. You can make it shorter or longer later, but that is where you should start out at. Then get a bottom entry add on bugnet, also called a Fronkey net. If you’re using a daisy chain style tree strap, you should check out the Dutchware Mantis as well to attach your strap to your hammock’s loop.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC / Wide Chameleon
    Tarp
    TBD...
    Insulation
    XLC Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie + Dutch Bl
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanjwuk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotaross View Post
    I think the only out of ordinary thing there is the two separate lines coming off the straps to provide structure for the net. And even then, the "structure" is dubious.
    Looks similar to the Yukon Outfitters bugnet hammock I got on Amazon years ago. In which case :

Quote Originally Posted by dakotaross View Post
    Can't the net just hang over the ridgeline?
    Yes and no. I replaced the stock rope ends with amsteel CLs and added a structural ridgeline. It does hold the net up. Kinda. But there's so much extra net that it ends up flopping down all over. You really need something more to keep it spread out.

I threaded the closed loops through the gathered ends. No go on getting the ridgeline under the net without unpicking some stitching. Ridgeline will loop over the ends; set to about 92" as hammock is only 110ish rather than the 118" claimed by Amazon

Thanks for all your time, patience and advice! Very much appreciated. I'll report back after this weekend's campout with the scouts. In the spirit of Scouting I'm bringing tent and air mattress just in case. Be prepared!
    Last edited by nathanjwuk; 05-18-2018 at 07:52.

Other end

Hammock
    Dutch Wide 11', H.H.
    Tarp
    Superfly, Noah 12'
    Insulation
    Incubator 0, Jarbr
    Suspension
    Cinch Bugs
    you wont need the tent
    your getting there already
    have fun
    thats the main thing
    maybe you can use some sticks resting over the line to support your bugnet
    kinda like guys do with a exterior pole mod

Back from scout camp. As I hadn't been there before I resorted to putting the tent up on Friday night as it was dark. I can report that the Klymit V Insulated pad is very comfortable even as a side sleeper.
    I set the hammock up Saturday afternoon and slept like a baby that night. So much so that I struggled to get out of it this morning to go help cook breakfast. Really need to work on getting the bug net situation sorted out though.

Hammock
    DH Raven
    Tarp
    HG CUBEN TARP
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies / CRL
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanjwuk View Post
    Back from scout camp. As I hadn't been there before I resorted to putting the tent up on Friday night as it was dark. I can report that the Klymit V Insulated pad is very comfortable even as a side sleeper.
    I set the hammock up Saturday afternoon and slept like a baby that night. So much so that I struggled to get out of it this morning to go help cook breakfast. Really need to work on getting the bug net situation sorted out though.
    What is your bug net situation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutch Wide 11', H.H.
    Tarp
    Superfly, Noah 12'
    Insulation
    Incubator 0, Jarbr
    Suspension
    Cinch Bugs
    Quote Originally Posted by j-Fish View Post
    What is your bug net situation?