Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I side sleep in my skeeter beater pro with no problem and it sleeps good on my back as well. I have one issue but i'll bring that up in another thread, all in all I really like the SBP and highly recommend it, it is comfy and light on the pocket book and has the netting attached for you. when bugs are no issue I flip it over and the net is underneath out of the way.

creek

I did again, 2010

Hammock
    Envy-S
    Tarp
    Squidbilly Monster
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Customs
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Welcome to the addiction. I am a side sleeper and I have found one thing to take in to account is the side that you normally sleep on will effect whether you are a Left or Right Lay. I sleep on my left side in a bed normally and have found that it is easier to sleep in a right lay cause it helps to roll your shoulders to the left.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    NeoAir Xlite
    Suspension
    Straps
    Side sleepers, like myself, tend to go with bridge hammocks. I had a Lawson Hammock, which was very conducive to sleeping on my side. I have only slept in my new WB Ridgerunner once so far and sleeping on my side wasn't quite as comfortable. However, I'm withhold my final opinion until I get a more suitable pad and give it a few nights.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Thunderbird 11'
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator Econ
    Suspension
    Python straps
    In bed I'm primarily a right-side sleeper and use a left lay in a hammock, the opposite of Meckie. Agreed on all who said the width matters. A lot of HF members make a big deal out of length but as a side sleeper I've found width to be more important. It's hard to find the sweet spot and may take a considerable amount of tweaking the hang at first but it's doable.

The only thing I don't like about a bridge is the instability. I roll constantly and feel less likely to roll out of a gathered end.

Hammock
    Clarke NX 250's/WB BB XLC
    Tarp
    Vert/HG CF3/S Fly
    Insulation
    HG/JRB/Z liner
    Suspension
    Dutch
    Have to agree- width is a big factor for me since I typically am on my side with my legs bent and not stretched straight out-
    Also- the gathered end gives me a big wall of fabric to have my back against which feels good and alleviates any concern of falling out.

Images
    I love when these old threads pop back up! Because the questions rarely change.

I see I responded up in #13 on 2/20/10/ and my answer is pretty much the same. I was out in the 20s yesterday for a wonderful warm cozy nap, in my old version BMBH with a JRB MW3 under it and a JRB Sierra Sniv on top. Started out on my back, and very comfy. But after awhile just rolled up on my side, pulled my knees slightly up and leaned back into the side and out like a light! I don't know how I could have been any more comfy in any hammock I have. I should have just relied with "ditto" for post #13!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Datahiker View Post
    In bed I'm primarily a right-side sleeper and use a left lay in a hammock, the opposite of Meckie. Agreed on all who said the width matters. A lot of HF members make a big deal out of length but as a side sleeper I've found width to be more important. It's hard to find the sweet spot and may take a considerable amount of tweaking the hang at first but it's doable.

The only thing I don't like about a bridge is the instability. I roll constantly and feel less likely to roll out of a gathered end.
    I find it nearly impossible to roll out of my old original JRB BMBH. In fact I routinely lean way back into it's very supportive side. When I first got it back in maybe 07, I remember feeling it was very unstable. But I finally realized that was only if I tried to sit up facing one end. If lying down or sitting leaning back into the sides, I really have to work at getting dumped.

When I am in my WBRR, I have felt a much greater possibility of being dumped, because it is much more shallow, which also has it's advantages. And I did read once about some one rolling out of it. But, I have found it is harder to roll out of it than I at first thought and probably will never be a problem for me.

The JRB BMBH UL is sort of in between those two, but plenty stable when I am laying in it, with an in between amount of side wall and depth.

YMMV of course!

Hammock
    Lots
    Tarp
    Winter style :)
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    buckle
    resurrection

ironic I have to sleep on my side in a bed but in a hammock I am so supported and comfy dont find the need to flip around to my side ?

Quote Originally Posted by ckmaui View Post
    resurrection

ironic I have to sleep on my side in a bed but in a hammock I am so supported and comfy dont find the need to flip around to my side ?
    I had learned to sleep on my back in the hammock to.....until I read here you could find a position on your side, now just before I am in full sleep I switch to my side almost without knowing it.

creek, time warping back to 2010

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast