HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images

Question Wife's 1st night in a hammock, help me out ladies!

So, after much research and constant nagging I finally got my wife to give up a sleeping bag and give using a TQ instead a try. I helped her order a 40° +2 Econ Burrow zip while I was ordering mine last month so she would have one for a camping trip we have this weekend with our youngest daughter's Girl Scout troop. I was thrilled of course since that now gives me the perfect cover to buy even MORE gear for myself lol. Here's where I need some input : she told me today that she wants to also give hammocks a try..... But she's never been in one for longer than about 30 mins so far. So I told her I'd let her use my diy 11' argon 1.6 , Chill Gorilla bugnet, and old man winter tarp so she can close the doors and have privacy for changing when she needs it. I'm also gonna let her use either my synthetic Snugpak UQ or CDT UQ with her new Burrow to make sure cold doesn't ruin anything.So.... Can you give me any tips to help her out that , I , as a man, might miss ? Anything that helped you that is female - specific ? This trip is CRUCIAL to how to rest of our trips will be this summer, if she ends up cold, uncomfortable, bug bitten or anything else that could ruin her 1st time, there goes my excuse to get a new UQ ! Lol. So, please let me know anything, ANYTHING AT ALL that might help me , help her , help me, to get that 40° Econ Pheonix that I've been eyeing to match my new Econ Burrow would be awesome! She's about 5'6" tall , ( don't ask me how much she weighs, I'll just say 125- 130 , I'll never fall.for that loaded question again! ) and is an average - cold sleeper. Does the difference in metabolism , chemical makeup , etc between women and men come into play here at all ? How so? Tips ? Man, if this goes well, I might even be able to convince her that she needs her own rig and maybe even wanting to go to MAHHA this fall with me! So as you can see, not only is her comfort on the line here, so is my gear collection, happiness and possibly even my relationship and /or life lol. What day you female hangers?
    Last edited by Chesapeake; 05-08-2018 at 21:12.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

• + New Posts