Tarp
    HG CF Tarp w/doors
    Insulation
    HGTQ WB Yeti
    Suspension
    CF/Poly Ti clips

If I were a rich man...

Greetings Happy Hangars!

A little story as an introduction: My son gave me the trail name Tevye, because we both love this character from Fiddler on the Roof, and because I have a habit that of reminding God that, although there is no shame in being poor, neither is it a great honor...

The trail name stuck because it is so full of irony. I am a rich man. I have an awesome son, a precious, beautiful loving wife, and great parents. I have a good job and I have my health. We love the church we are a part of, and while I would like more money, even though we are a single income household, we are blessed with my teaching salary in the public schools. And every summer I am embarrassed with riches while I savor God's creation on the Pacific Crest Trail.

As I write this I am breathlessly awaiting the arrival of my final piece of hammock gear; a WB Yeti. I have the WBBB, Hammock Gear quilt and dyneema tarp (with doors). Suspension is Dutchware (cf/poly straps with Dutch clips). Funny how we find money to spend on things we really want, yes? (This year I took an extra class period to help pay for it all. Thank you Lord!)

Right now my focus is just getting ready to practice doin' it right, hoping to set up well to sleep comfortably. Like many of you, I am moving up off the ground to sleep better, and cause its cool (duh). This summer I hope to finish the Washington state portion of the PCT.

Thanks for including me in this forum. It looks like a great place to learn and ask questions. And thanks for reading. Blessings to you all.

All day long I'll biddy biddy bum...

Hammock
    11' Chameleon
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images
    Welcome from southern NJ!

FWIW I had the pleasure of seeing Fiddler on the Roof with Topal playing Tevye at the Walnut Street Theater in Philadelphia many years ago,and have been a fan of the movie ever since.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    Welcome from Southern Missouri! Sounds like you’ve got an awesome set up for many future hiking adventures!

Hammock
    90* Hammocktent 2.0
    Tarp
    Hammocktent Cuben
    Insulation
    Exped pad, EE TQ
    Suspension
    kevlar tree strap
    Welcome to HF, where all your hammock questions can & will be answered. It's kinda like school for hammocking and after you learn something new, you have to go outside and test your understanding what you've been learning and see if your body agrees or needs to go in a different direction. Sometimes trial and error, sometimes just copying what someone else has already has success with. But like you, I love being out on the trail and learning as I go. That's where we improve and refine our systems. This summer my daughter plans to join me in my final section hike on the JMT finishing at Mount Whitney. In the meantime I'm driving a school bus this Friday to Yosemite valley for a Law Day field trip where I'll have 4 hours to explore and set up my new Hammocktent 2.0 hammock and Cuben fiber tarp and just relax. Good times

Hammock
    Towns-End
    Tarp
    WB, Towns-End, UGQ
    Insulation
    LSOH, JRB, UGQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    Images
    Hello and welcome from Northern Arkansas!
    Hammock Tourist / Hammock Fiend / Hammock Therapist

Hammock
    Wilderness Logic Night OWL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Pheonix 3s, te-wa
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Welcome! An admirable and humble attitude you have. It is about how you look at things. Perspective. I have thought that the lobsters in the tank on the Titanic had the best day ever when the ship sunk. Welcome! Enjoy,read, ask, learn.
    I like refried beans. That's why I wanna try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time. You don't have to fry them again after all.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Welcome to the forums and congrats on the new equipment. Let us know if you have any questions and I'm envious that your have that much time off in the summer. My wife teaches and it's tough to get up and go in to work when she's so comfortably sleeping

Another welcome from the east side of the big river. When you get the chance come on over and join some of the east coast and south east hangs, I promise you will be welcome.
    If you prepare for failure you will probably succeed.

Senior Member Tyroler Holzhacker's Avatar
    Hammock
    DH DL Sparrow/SL Darien
    Tarp
    MacCat/WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    LL/JRB/DIY down
    Suspension
    MSH/Whoopies/strps
    Images
    Shalom from Maryland. Nice story, great to have you in the forums, and keep it hangin' high and dry!

Hammock
    DH Raven
    Tarp
    WBO Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Incubator Econ 30
    Suspension
    Stock/TBD
    Wait…when did they move Vancouver to Washington state? Hmmmm. Well, anyway, welcome to the hang-in and Shalom from the state of Mass-confusion.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast