Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Jarbidge/Owyhee
    Suspension
    cinch buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser51 View Post
    BigE .... there isn't a double zipper, I will try and haul it out tomorrow and do a few pics, it's a double layer hammock and I just transitioned to the outside of saddle bag at the start point and transitioned back in to the hammock at the end. If I remove the bug net, the bags are still there and fully functional.

Brian
    Reminds me of Bic's bridge hammock saddlebags. Haven't seen them on a gathered end before. Do they work OK for you? Seems like the sides may be a little droopy.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY Bridge
    Insulation
    DIY Down
    BanjoMan: The sides are a bit droopy, simply because this is a wide hammock, I don't have a lot of experience with it yet, but I have started using the side pulls, to keep the sides pulled out and that takes a lot of the droopiness away.

BigE: Got the hammock out for a final check, leaving in a couple days for an early Algonquin trip, took a few photos of the saddle bag attachment ... in this pic, the upper layers are 2 hammock layers, plus the inside layer of the saddle bag all stitched together, you can see how the zipper runs on the outside portion of the saddle bag.

Here you can see the zipper transition from between the 2 hammock layers, to the outter layer of the saddle bag.

Hoping that is the detail you were asking about.

Brian

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    DIY (Olive Oyl)
    Insulation
    [allergic to down]
    Images
    ...is it just me, or are there no pictures?

Hi Brian - Great looking hammock. Where did you buy the separating zipper that accommodated the hammock?

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY Bridge
    Insulation
    DIY Down
    Hi Spica, it's from DutchWare ... I think the Vision Zippers are on the website now, they weren't when I ordered, but I just called and asked for them. Theses are the same ones they use on the chameleon and the bugnet is removable.

Brian

Hammock
    WBBB XLC / Wide Chameleon
    Tarp
    TBD...
    Insulation
    XLC Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie + Dutch Bl
    Images
    Hi Spica, it's from DutchWare ... I think the Vision Zippers are on the website now, they weren't when I ordered, but I just called and asked for them. Theses are the same ones they use on the chameleon and the bugnet is removable.

Brian
    There are some similar zippers on DutchWareGear.com, but I'm not sure which size and length (if any) are Chameleon compatible. But as Cruiser51 mentioned, they are available if you call or email - I just ordered another set yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Brian
    Thanks Brian. I was searching for it a little while back and couldn't find them. I'll search again on Dutch's site. Appreciate the reply.

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by James Fowler View Post
    There are some similar zippers on DutchWareGear.com, but I'm not sure which size and length (if any) are Chameleon compatible. But as Cruiser51 mentioned, they are available if you call or email - I just ordered another set yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks James. Please let me know if they'll work out for what you're doing. I'm looking to the same for my 11' hammock.

Sean

Hammock
    WBBB XLC / Wide Chameleon
    Tarp
    TBD...
    Insulation
    XLC Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie + Dutch Bl
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by spica View Post
    Thanks James. Please let me know if they'll work out for what you're doing. I'm looking to the same for my 11' hammock.

Sean
    They'll definitely work - this is the second set I've ordered and I already have another set in a Chameleon clone and I've had no problems using it with "official" DutchWareGear bugnets. Just tell them you want Chameleon compatible zippers and they'll get you the right stuff.

As long as you use the correct sides (zipper teeth with just the end tabs goes on the hammock, zipper teeth with the two sliding zipper pulls goes on the bugnet / topcover), get them centered on your edge, and keep your "end triangles" the right size, it should be completely compatible with the zippered Chameleon accessories. If you want it to work with all the accessories (like the Peak Shelf and the Breathalizer) you'll also need to add D-rings at the same locations as a regular Chameleon.

Excellent! Your input helps greatly, James. Thanks.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast