Outstanding job dykayaker on your work with SLD on coming up with a great tarp alternative. It is my understanding from reading a number of threads that Jared does outstanding work and is easy to work with. So, this is actually a different custom tarp than Jared's production model Winter tarp. Good thing to know, because one thing I was considering while I was out camping this last weekend was how limited the space was beneath the Zpacks CF tarp. My thoughts were that it was great for minimizing weight and economy of size, which are Luke's primary objectives, but if it was a rainy day it would be nice to have a bit more room to while away the time under a commodious tarp. I even thought about packing a small silpoly tarp for cooking and hanging out under during inclement conditions. When I was backpacking up in Canada the rule of thumb was aways having an additional tarp because you are going to need/enjoy it when it starts to rain.

I really wish I could be more forthcoming about what I have been up to. It has been a challenge to keep my enthusiasm at bay. Frankly, I am not overly optimistic about the new design being commercially adopted largely due to the expense and time it takes to make a 90* hammock when all most vendors have to do is roll out a rectangle of fabric and cinch the ends together...voile'...a hammock. We will see, in due time. However, no matter what the outcome is, I think you will find the idea easy to do and worthwhile.

PS: I called the set up in the above pictures with the truck my "Walmart mode" meaning all you need is a single tree or pole to back up to and you have a hanging spot. Sort of like the summer travelers availing themselves to Walmart parking lots during the summer travel season.