DH Raven
    Tarp
    WBO Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Incubator Econ 30
    Suspension
    Stock/TBD

Not quite hanged...yet...

This all began as a simple summer kayak excursion and somehow ended up in a hanging.... Not really sure how that works, but hanging is...good? Right? Went so far as to buy a tent, a bag and a dumb pad. While waiting for them to arrive, wandered into an REI, saw basically the "purchased tent and pad," questioned my sanity (none, whatsoever), said "know you're not big on tents and know sleeping on the ground, even with pad, will NOT happen (except possibly in passed-out predicament mode), left the store, headed home and directly into research mode. Somehow ended up here and gosh, dang...see what happens when sanity is rediscovered? Bottomline? Tent and pad went back and now waiting on hanging implements....

Many thanks to all here who not only gave me my introduction to hammocks/tarps and fun, artistic bling things, but also for all the info, tips and great DIY stuff...as well as for helping to empty the bank account. Those weeks of storms were unnoticed as there was so much to learn and see. Summer will come to the state of Mass-confusion by mid-July (with luck). Long before, I'll be on the road south to do some 'yaking and probably a lot of hanging about.

Please to meet you all...and mucho thanks, yet again....

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Congrats on getting above ground and enjoy.

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    Welcome to the land of dreams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner/W.Logics Snipe
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    LocoLibre UQ,WLTQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Bks, whoopie
    Images
    Welcome to the tree bark society of hammocking from NC. Paddle on down the New River and other locations here and be safe.
    Enjoy !
    MooseMan
    North Carolina
    "It is easier to prevent bad habits than to break them" <Ben Franklin>

Hammock
    Hennessy Hyperlite
    Tarp
    Superfly20D
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock 3
    Suspension
    Loops/Mule Tape
    Looks like your research payed off based on your setup. I wish I dug a little deeper before going down some paths that I did. Not that it's all bad, my favorite part about it is all the learning, I figure out something new epretty much every time I hang. Welcome and good luck!!!

Hammock
    DH Raven
    Tarp
    WBO Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Incubator Econ 30
    Suspension
    Stock/TBD
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post
    Welcome to the tree bark society of hammocking from NC. Paddle on down the New River and other locations here and be safe.
    Enjoy !
    Thanks Mooseman, a New River paddle is one of the main reasons for the getting into the "tree bark society." So we def need to talk some more. That area of NC/Virginia is on my southern route. Paddled (canoe) the Shenandoah River many moons ago and have wanted to go back ever since. Most of my paddling was in Florida until coming back up here three years ago. Have paddled here in Cape Cod bay and some of the salt marshes but got forced into hibernation mode just before Thanksgiving. Now itching to get water and tree bound!
    Last edited by WGoff; 04-30-2018 at 09:58.

Hammock
    DH Raven
    Tarp
    WBO Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Incubator Econ 30
    Suspension
    Stock/TBD
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptastic4wd View Post
    Looks like your research payed off based on your setup. I wish I dug a little deeper before going down some paths that I did. Not that it's all bad, my favorite part about it is all the learning, I figure out something new epretty much every time I hang. Welcome and good luck!!!

LOL!! People who know me, would tell you I'd over-research a candy-bar decision. Almost jumped into the quick and easy route until managing to land here at HF. When I realized what was available and possible, went deeper into what I wanted and needed. Making a final decision wasn't easy and so far I've played with three different ways of suspending just the tarp! The hammock isn't even here yet. Couldn't agree more, the "learning" is def fun, but cabin-fever is making me crazy!! Need to hang and paddle asap!!

Just saw the "4wd" at the end of your user name...do tell....
    Last edited by WGoff; 04-30-2018 at 10:15.

Hammock
    SLD, Townsend bridge
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    WB,UGQ,Nunatak
    Suspension
    Beckets
    And you will change it at least 3 more times until you think that you have the best way for you.......... and then you will try a different way.

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Excellent choice with the Raven! You'll love it. And unlike many of us here (myself included), it looks like you "got it right" the first time with your gear purchases!

Hammock
    DH Raven
    Tarp
    WBO Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Incubator Econ 30
    Suspension
    Stock/TBD
    Quote Originally Posted by m00ch View Post
    And you will change it at least 3 more times until you think that you have the best way for you.......... and then you will try a different way.
    LMAO!! I know this to be truth...already! Besides, the Dutch bling fascinates the ever living out of me and I haven't even gotten to whoopies yet...save me!!!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast