Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mine came today, I haven't had a chance to try it out yet but it is very nice. The thread work on it is excellent, better than I would have imagined.

As another recipient of Leigh's 2/3 underquilt, I totally agree with the praise that TNhitman gives.

I was also especially impressed with the effectiveness of the differential cut and the fullness of the over-stuff. Plus there were improvements over the previous model.

The descending width baffles(that hold loft along the edges), and corner cord lock mechanisms, are the two best improvements in my mind. I purchased an earlier model from Leigh and HangNOut a few months ago. I am very happy with both quilts and highly recommend them! I am unable to comment on field use and temp ratings at this time....

Hammock
    Eno Double / GT Nano
    Tarp
    OES Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I have mine hung underneath my hammock tonight. The low is forecast to be 34 deg. a mild night but still a good test temp. I am amazed at how easy it is to setup just clip it and forget it it sets perfect every time. I will report back later.

Hammock
    Eno Double / GT Nano
    Tarp
    OES Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    The test hang went great. The temp got down to 34 Deg. I had no problem with the quilt slipping of my shoulder in the night. I just used a very small pad under my feet and everything went fine. My back was very warm I would say that another 10deg less is easily possible.

Quote Originally Posted by TNhitman View Post
    There was alot of quilts I considered for my purchase. But honestly I bought it cause it was a differential cut quilt and that was a big deal to me. And to find a quilt with all the features that this one has and and a diff. cut to boot and to top it off THE PRICE it was a total no brainier!
    How much did it cost? I don't see that mentioned anywhere.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 dbl layer.
    Tarp
    WB Big Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Crowsnest & Burrow
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    PM Hangout and he'll give you the price. Sounds like a good offering, and I'm glad the test went well. I've been reading and searching for a good underquilt that will be good down to those temperatures. I'm going to have to decide between a few that I have found on here... ahh... the decisions ... ugh
    Questtrek
    "In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks". John Muir.

Hammock
    Eno Double / GT Nano
    Tarp
    OES Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Her quilts have something that's unique to just this quilt its a graduating baffle chamber ( I hope thats what its called ) that runs from the top to the bottom. Meaning that the chambers at the top of the quilt around your shoulders and knees are narrower than the ones at the bottom of the quilt. You can see this in the pic.
    What this does is gives the shoulder area a good bit of loft. Something that With my other quilts even my MT. Washington seems to be a weak insulated area. I find myself really curling down in the quilt to keep my shoulders and knees warm.

This graduating system helps eliminate this issue. The top chambers are narrow and full of down. I did not notice any shoulder slip during the night when I would lay my hand out to check the position of the quilt it was always rite there where it needed to be.

Like I said this was my first 3/4 length quilt and I am more than pleased with the results. This will be alot less bulk and weight in my pack and that really makes me happy

Hammock
    Eno Double / GT Nano
    Tarp
    OES Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Oops forgot the picture
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    DIY Camo Cocoon
    Tarp
    Tricked out SWT
    Insulation
    DIY 4 layer IX
    Suspension
    straps & buckles
    Images
    OK, I am now officially converted from CCF pads to an under quilt for bottom insulation! I bought one of Leigh's V2 UQs and I am totally impressed. The quality of the construction is evident and I expect many years of use from this great gear.

I had a trip planned for last weekend near Ellicott Rock on the Chattooga River in SC last weekend and although I would have preferred to test hang prior to the trip in my yard I rolled the dice and left my pads at home. I went with a big group of tent campers and I knew that if things went wrong and I was cold I could always beg off and share a tent. Those concerns were unwarranted as I was nice and warm all weekend. Having never used an UQ before I was a little unsure if I had the suspension set up right but from some help on here from HangNout and others I think I got it right. Friday night we hit the low 20's and it was windy, Saturday was mid 20's and windy. Despite those conditions I was more than comfortable wearing mid weight capilene tops and bottoms, fleece pants, insulated hood, and using my 15* bag as a quilt. I did use my CCF sit pads as insulation for my feet and lower legs.

Everything worked great & the only issue I had was the UQ shifting towards my right when I moved in the hammock. This would expose my left shoulder and I would have to unzip the hammock and reach out to pulll the UQ back in place. I'm sure with some experimentation and trial and error I will come up with a solution. Even this slippage was only 4-6" and was easily corrected.

Great quilt! Great Value! Much less bulk that CCF and so very warm! Thanks to Hangnout and Leigh for the great quilt!

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ's
    Images
    Glad you were warm

PM sent with some suggestions to eliminate slippage

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast