Insulation
    HG : SLD : WB
    First: Grand Trunk Skeeter Beeter Pro
    Current: Dream Hammock Dangerbird
    There's magic in the woods,
    if you know where to look for it.
    -Pete's Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Randonneur View Post
    It seemed like a great deal at the time and in all fairness it did get me started down the rabbit hole of hammock camping. I don't know the width or height of it but besides being short it was a little small all the way around. A great kids hammock, which is what it is now.
    woo I'm looking for something which is really fit to my height and weight I don't want to go with sorter one. :/
    Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you. - Frank Lloyd Wright

Quote Originally Posted by MikekiM View Post
    I started with. HH Asym Ultralight. That lasted one day. Now use a DIY 1.6 Hyper D eleven footer.

Sent from somewhere east of Montauk...
    Which one you found most comfortable and your overall experience with that hammock?
    Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you. - Frank Lloyd Wright

Quote Originally Posted by soul embrace View Post
    First: Grand Trunk Skeeter Beeter Pro
    Current: Dream Hammock Dangerbird
    Great from how much time you are using Dream Hammock? Can you share your little bit experience

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    DIY silpoly 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY down TQ, WL UQ
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    My first was around 10 years ago. It was a Byers of Maine Mosquito Hammock (this is not their current version!). It was labeled as Brazilian, was made with light weight nylon and synthetic rope clews, had an integrated net, and was pretty short (9 or so feet?). It also came with explicit instructions on a diagonal lay, and cost $20 fromCabelas or such. It was surprisingly one of the most comfy hammocks I’ve ever owned. No calf ridge, and minimal shoulder squeeze. I attribute it to the clews? My first trip out I discovered CBS, because while it explained diagonal lay, it did not explain insulation.

The hammock lasted a long time. I gifted it as a now netless hammock to an old student who used it for years over his Eno for comfort reasons. It apparently finally tore out last year.

Currently I use a DIY Hexon 11’ XL with a fronkey net as my primary hammock. Very comfy with minimal calf ridge. It does have a little shoulder squeeze.
    Last edited by Monkeyboy42; 05-09-2018 at 06:28.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow : SLD
    Tarp
    HG : SLD
    Insulation
    HG : SLD : WB
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbelly View Post
    Great from how much time you are using Dream Hammock? Can you share your little bit experience
    I've had my dream hammock 2 1/2 years now and I love it. the hyperD fabric is by far my favorite hammock material that I had (grand truck and Eno fabrics, NylonD [2nd favorite], argon and hexon).to me dream hammocks can't be beat and this is my forever hammock not looking for any other hammock. when this one wears out I will be ordering another dream hammock which will either be a sparrow or thunderbird unless they come out with another hammock.
    There's magic in the woods,
    if you know where to look for it.
    -Pete's Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by soul embrace View Post
    I've had my dream hammock 2 1/2 years now and I love it. the hyperD fabric is by far my favorite hammock material that I had (grand truck and Eno fabrics, NylonD [2nd favorite], argon and hexon).to me dream hammocks can't be beat and this is my forever hammock not looking for any other hammock. when this one wears out I will be ordering another dream hammock which will either be a sparrow or thunderbird unless they come out with another hammock.
    Great to hear Thanks for sharing your experience

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyboy42 View Post
    My first was around 10 years ago. It was a Byers of Maine Mosquito Hammock (this is not their current version!). It was labeled as Brazilian, was made with light weight nylon and synthetic rope clews, had an integrated net, and was pretty short (9 or so feet?). It also came with explicit instructions on a diagonal lay, and cost $20 fromCabelas or such. It was surprisingly one of the most comfy hammocks I’ve ever owned. No calf ridge, and minimal shoulder squeeze. I attribute it to the clews? My first trip out I discovered CBS, because while it explained diagonal lay, it did not explain insulation.

The hammock lasted a long time. I gifted it as a now netless hammock to an old student who used it for years over his Eno for comfort reasons. It apparently finally tore out last year.

Currently I use a DIY Hexon 11’ XL with a fronkey net as my primary hammock. Very comfy with minimal calf ridge. It does have a little shoulder squeeze.
    I wonder how you stucked with short hammock I really Hate Shorter one

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    JRB
    Suspension
    Beetles / Webbing
    I bought two Grand Trunk Skeeter Beeter hammocks when I was just getting into hammocking. One for me and one for my son. I've since moved to a Chameleon but those GTSBs still get a lot of use and have held up very well. As I became a full fledged hammock camping convert, I wanted more features...ridgeline, net cover options, etc., and I've been very pleased with my Chameleon.

Hammock
    11' 1.2 Robic XL
    Tarp
    Misc DIY ones
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    UHMWPE Straps
    Images
    My first hammock many years ago was an ENO Singlenest. I flew around the world with that thing many time over. Now that I have a much better grasp of hammocking, my go-to hammock is an 11' 1.2 Robic XL simple gathered end. I own a WBBB, a Chameleon, and a plethora of other miscellaneous hammocks, but I keep going back to the same one.
    73 de W4BKR

Not all who wander are lost... - J.R.R. Tolkein
    ...Besides, if we get lost, we just pull in somewheres and ask directions - Captain Ron

The ever striving gram weenie...always updated with the next trip

• + New Posts
  • Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast