Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    My first hammock was an eno onelink. I loved having everything in one bundle but it was a tad heavy and bulky. I currently run an eno sub 7 with a hammock gear dynema tarp and a homemade top and under quilt. Please note that the sub 7 is small, snug and not for everyone. I do love it and would only move to a different one if it were even lighter.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    - First Hammock, ENO Double Nest, I found it in a outdoors store that catered to the Local Good Old Boys who live to hunt and fish and survive by hunting and fishing. I think the ENO's were priced at their wholesale price. I bought tw sets of straps.
    I was having a lot of pain issues and unable to sleep in a tent, in fact I was only resting my eyes for about 90 minutes a night. Pain meds did not help with the pain.
    Our test run with the ENO's was very successful. I put a sheep skin under me, it kept my back side warm and the pain at bay. I was hooked.

- A couple of years ago we had two negative events, I lost all my important things, things I was emotionally invested in. All my accumulated outdoors gear was ruined when our house flooded, the things I saved from the water I put in storage, then the storage facility caught on fire and burned for over 36 hours. Wow, what a way to bring in the New Year.

- HF members helped me get back to Hanging. I have a RR, no net. Mt back-up is a SLD. The RR requires a lot of space between trees. Where we Hang it is somerimes impossible to find enough open space for a RR.

I have tried/owned almost all of the hammocks, most were good. I foynd I need a left lay head to the right, feet left...I loved my Thunderbird however I could not exit without help (I am short and my shoulders dislocate).
    I find short hammocks work best for my needs. My SLD is my second choice. Somehow my SLD is an easy exit...and very comfortable.
    Last edited by IRONFISH45; 05-01-2018 at 02:24.

Hammock
    Dutch 11' Hex 2.4/ SLD Lair
    Tarp
    UGQ Catcut Hex
    Insulation
    Zeppelin/Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    My first is a gathered end parachute nylon La Siesta Chillax Double that I bought a Costco for about $30 and then I added some light biners, ENO Atlas straps, and my old Kelkty Noah 9 tarp. I still use it as a travel hammock and a 2nd backup for friends.

My current goto camping hammock is a Simply Light Designs Trail Lair with straps and Dutch Beetle Buckles and a UGQ Silpoly Hex tarp.
    "Civilization exists by geological consent, subject to change without notice." Will Durant

Hennessey Expedition Asym Zip (2016-present) - Seems plenty comfy to me at 5'8". I received a free Scout hammock when I bought it that my wife still uses to this day. See no need to replace something that works great for me.

I also have a DIY 1.6 HyperD that I take with me on day trips in case a sudden napping episode takes place.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutch Argon, wbbb, hammeck netty
    Tarp
    WB superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ, HG UQ
    Suspension
    whoopee slings
    started with an HH expedition which I didn't really like. Now use a Warbonnet blackbird, Dream Sparrow with overcover for winter, also have a Hammeck hammock and a dutch argon. if I go car camping I usually set up the dutch for just lounging around in and one of the others for sleeping.

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbelly View Post
    Thats great I was looking for a hammock with bug protection I think I should go with that one as you had such a great experience with it.
    Well, there's a reason I don't use it now. I was classic bottom entry which I used without issue with a pad. When I got an UQ, it was a short one so that it wasn't a problem with the bottom entry, but I could not reach out and adjust the UQ as the net had no zipper. I could've just done the 2QZQ mod, but instead decided to try different hammocks. It was then that I learned I really kind dug going netless, and of course, I found that I didn't have bug issues in the mountains where I typically hike & camp.
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    Go! Outfitters Camping Hammock
    Tarp
    Go!O Apex Shelter
    Insulation
    Go!O Adv Quilts
    Suspension
    Go!O Cinch Buckle
    My first, current and only hammock is the same: Go! Outfitters.

The GO! Camping Hammock, Apex Camping Shelter, Adventure Under Quilt, Adventure Top Quilt, Cinch Buckle Hammock Suspension System

After this past weekend, with the temps dropping to the lower 30s overnight, I was completely and utterly impressed and sold on the decision. I woke up in the morning having pushed off the top quilt at some point in the evening. It got cold (from what others said) overnight, but once my head hit the pillow and I rolled to my side (yep, can sleep on my side in that one) I woke up with the sun in my face and quite warm.

I camp off my motorcycle, so while weight is a concern, it is not the main focus of getting gear. So even though the Go Outfitter's stuff is heavier than some of the others, I was able to pick them up on sale for the full setup. I have spent 2 nights in the hammock, and both were comfortable. I dont camp a ton right now but I am a lot happier with the hammock than my old tent and sleeping pad.
    Thanks,
    Brad

http://raven.deckyon.com

Hammock
    WB RR, DIY Bridge (Dutch Kit)
    Tarp
    Kammok Glider
    Insulation
    DIY TQ, DIY BQ
    Suspension
    Whoopsie Slings
    First hammock: Yukon Outfitters from Woot.

Intermediate hammocks: too many to recall

Current hammock: RidgeRunner is my go-to hammock but for the last couple of outings I've been playing with the REI Quarter Dome Air

Started with a WBBB double 1.7 (love it but had to get the pitch perfect) and now use a WBBB XLC 2nd Gen Heavy Double (just plain love it).

Started with an Eno single nest.
    Got a chameleon for Christmas and never looked back. Now my three year old daughter has laid claim to the eno.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast