Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Your First and Current Hammock?

Hi Everyone as most of you were might be confused to select their first hammock to start their camping journey just like me.
    Please Share which was your first hammock and Current Hammock, Also Share Worth and your experience with that hammock

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Started out with a simple gathered end hammock with a ridgeline and a wrap around style bug net. I now have a Warbonnet Blackbird Double Layer XLC with a factory bug net. Girlfriend made me a under quilt protector that hangs from the gathered ends.
    Blackheart

Hammock
    Towns-End
    Tarp
    WB, Towns-End, UGQ
    Insulation
    LSOH, JRB, UGQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    Images
    I started out with an ENO Doublesnest. I now use a Towns-End Bridge, a Dream Hammock Sparrow, and just picked up a new Warbonnet ElDorado. I’ve learned that for me, an 11’ is the way to go in a GE, and I love the width on JustBill’s bridges!
    Hammock Tourist / Hammock Fiend / Hammock Therapist

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    First hammock was a Hennessy Expedition Asym Zip - not very comfortable but I didn't know any better. After a couple of years I moved to simple gathered-end hammocks like the Dutch Netless, with a Fronkey bugnet. No zippers! I really dislike zippers since they don't allow quick entry/exit.

I have a Dutch Chameleon now - zippers galore, but it keeps my beagle Joey inside the hammock. Otherwise I think he'd take off.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    My first was a Warbonnet Blackbird XLC. My hammock that I'm currently using is my Warbonnet Ridgerunner. I've have and have tried many others but I always come back to my Ridgerunner.

Hammock
    Chameleon 1.6 Hexon
    Tarp
    HG DCF w/ doors
    Insulation
    Various HG and LL
    Suspension
    Poyester straps
    My first hammock was an ENO Singlenest (which I still have and like). Now I've got a Chameleon in 1.6 hexon with—of course—the peak loft and bug net. I love it. My next purchase will likely be a lighter-weight Chameleon.

Hammock
    Dutchware 11' netless
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Suspension
    Myerstech dyneema
    Got an Eno to lounge around in. I still use it on my porch.

I still don't know what my perfect setup is, but I value light/well made/versatile so now I'm in a Dutchware netless with a Fronkey style bugnet and an underquilt.

The journey never really ends

Senior Member Tyroler Holzhacker's Avatar
    Hammock
    DH DL Sparrow/SL Darien
    Tarp
    MacCat/WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    LL/JRB/DIY down
    Suspension
    MSH/Whoopies/strps
    Images
    Started with a 2 man tent, then 6 person tent, 8 person tent, sometimes with camp pad/thermarest, sometimes a cot. One day discovered ENO double nest at REI a few years back. Discovered this forum by accident, and fell into the deep end. Later traded in eno dblnest for a kammok roo, and returned the Roo after I bought my first "real" camping hammock, the DH Sparrow in double layer 2.2 ripstop. Love this hammock but needed something under 20 oz, so I ordered a DH Darien in SL 1.7 robic. Still waiting for that one to come in the mail. +1 on paintball's post above that the journey never really ends.

Hammock
    DH TB #1832; DW Chameleon; DIYs
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    LL20°GP/LH,SLD,DIY
    Suspension
    Amsteel/web/bling
    Images
    I began with one of those silly nylon rope hammocks...you know the ones you'd find with the wooden dowel spreader bars and red and blue nylon rope for tying to a tree on each end. I had myself convinced that I was the only one camping in this manner and it was so much superior to a tent. Little did I know.
    Next, I stumbled across ENO in their early days when I was looking for a new rope hammock. It was the first full bodied, fabric hammock that I ever saw (outside a mayan which I didn't feel was suitable for camping). I purchase a single nest and it was an amazing upgrade to the rope hammock and I didn't think things could get better. Little did I know.

Then I found Hammock Forums while searching for ways to keep warm while sleeping in a hammock. CBS sucked and I realized that there were tons of other people camping in hammocks and their experience level was well beyond mine. I quickly delved into DIY and begun realizing how much better things could get. Simple 10' ripstop hammocks were great, then came the DIY tablecloth hammocks and 11' nylon hammocks.

From there and everything I was learning/learned on the forums, I've done more diy hammocks than I can remember and ventured into some of our wonderful cottage vendor hammocks. I now have a handful of diy hammocks, but have primarily used my Dream Hammock Thunderbird, which I've become very fond of. I just recently placed an order for my first Dutchware Chameleon, after getting one for my oldest daughter, and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    My first hammock was a Grand Trunk Skeeter Beeter Pro (now bequeathed to my son). My current hammock is a Dream Hammock Raven. If I had to do it all over from scratch, I would have just got the Raven. Not that the SBP is bad...but it ain't the Raven!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast