Hammock
    Dutchware
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Started with a Fox Outfitters double. Spent a dozen nights in it. Knew that I was hooked. Now I have a wide Dutchware Chameleon, the new WBBB XLC, and an 11' netless from Dutchware, as well. I favor the Chameleon, just more room and adaptability, especially with the sidecar. The sidecar has about 10 pounds of stuff, stuffed in it, in the attached picture. Best sleep I've ever gotten.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Dutch Dyneema Rect
    Insulation
    UGQ/Warbonnet
    Suspension
    Becket hitch
    My first was and i still have it, a Rallt hammock from Amazon. Super comfy ENO doublenest clone. I still use it for naps during the summer. For overnights I've moved onto a handful of choices. SLD trail lair, XLC, DIY and what's becoming my favorite is my ridgerunner. I love them all in different ways.

Hammock
    Walahalla Monolite 1.5
    Tarp
    Dynemma Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Mt Washington
    Suspension
    Whoopies slings
    Images
    My 1st was a Groupon $15 special with a sewn in bug net. It was too short, the bug netting was not that great but I didn't know any better at the time. I just gave it away this year. Next up was a Hammock Bliss No-Seeum-No-more. I love this one, although it's a little stretchy but it does have very strong netting and is very comfortable. Then I decided to make my own when RSBTR had a sale on 1.6 oz HyperD XL diamond. I bought 4 yards and made a 12 footer with a home made Gemini under/over quilt system and a King Outfitters bug net. Talk about room to stretch out. Wowser.

Hammock
    Various DIY; Fronkey Bugnet
    Tarp
    DIY/Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY/Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Dyneema/Evo Loops
    1st hammock was a grand trunk skeeter beeter pro. Current hammock depends on temp and bugs in using a Dream Hammocks Darien, Dutchware half-wit or one of a variety of netless hammocks.
    Bill

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    First hammock: WBBB

Current: WBXLC, or Dutch Single layer, or my Wilderness Logic Lite Owl.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    An ENO DN was my first...followed by a Kammock Roo and an ENO ProNest, a Tribe Provisions hammock, and some other off the shelf hammock I can’t remember the name of (still have the Tribe Provisions and the ProNest, but the rest have been rehomed).

Then I discovered Hammock Forums and a whole new world of possibilities opened up! First I got a new dl multi-cam WBBB XLC with winter top cover, then added a used sl 1.7 XLC, then a Dutch netless in Hexon 1.6 (favorite hammock fabric) coupled with a Fronkey net, a new SLD Trail Lair (single layer Hexon 1.6), a used Dream Hammock Thunderbird with net cover and two winter top covers, several more SLD’s of various fabrics, lengths, widths, and layers (some double layer, some of Robic, a used 12 footer out of extra-wide Hexon—didn’t care much for the added width—made the fabric walls too high around me, sold that one)...a dl Blackbird, a used sl mirror lay Blackbird (mirror lay’s not for me—didn’t keep that one), a used Dream Hammock Darien (could’ve gotten really attached to that sweet hammock, but my grown daughter laid claim to it and took it home with her!), a new style WBBB XLC (sl 1.7), a DIY 11’ GE of Hexon 1.0 with Spider Web straps (that is a sweet hammock!), a blemished Beta HammockTent 90 degree, a really nice used clone chameleon in 2.4 Robic (but discovered that Robic 2.4 is a bit too stiff for me) and tomorrow a used HammockTent 90 degree Gamma is due to arrive in the mail.

I really need to let go of a lot of my hammocks. I have rehomed a few, but I’m always a little sad to let them go! I’ll probably never be able to let go of my multicam dl WBBB XLC because it was my first truly fine hammock, nor that used sl 1.7 XLC I bought here because it is so stinking comfortable—even more comfy than my dl multicam XLC, nor ever let go of my brown sl Hexon 1.6 SLD Trail Lair because it is my MOST comfortable warm weather hammock. If I had to, I could winnow my collection down to just those three...and it is always one of those three that I take when I hike...oh, and sometimes the new style XLC. But, that used sl 1.7 XLC and my Trail Lair are my two favorite. The Trail Lair would probably edge out the XLC if I could only keep one single solitary lonely hammock...modified with its Dutch Chameleon peak loft, insulated with my 0 degree Wooki XL, cloaked in my Warbonnet Chinook.

The trouble with hammocks is there are so many good ones to try out! And I’ve found that even hammocks of the same brand and style are often uniquely individual in how they feel. Like that used XLC that is inexplicably more comfortable than any other XLC I’ve tried—even ones of the seeming exact same material. Maybe that’s whats so addictive about buying more hammocks! Even though the ones you already own are exceptional, there’s always that curiosity about the ones you’ve never yet tried! It’s all about the journey...there is no final destination, because what would be the fun in that?!
    Last edited by Dublinlin; 05-05-2018 at 08:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Randonneur View Post
    My 1st was a Groupon $15 special with a sewn in bug net. It was too short, the bug netting was not that great but I didn't know any better at the time. I just gave it away this year. Next up was a Hammock Bliss No-Seeum-No-more. I love this one, although it's a little stretchy but it does have very strong netting and is very comfortable. Then I decided to make my own when RSBTR had a sale on 1.6 oz HyperD XL diamond. I bought 4 yards and made a 12 footer with a home made Gemini under/over quilt system and a King Outfitters bug net. Talk about room to stretch out. Wowser.
    Wow 15$ with Bug Net seems such a great offer isn't it? and what was height and width of that hammock?
    Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you. - Frank Lloyd Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Smckinney0031 View Post
    Because when I bought the first one I didnt have any clue about any of this. I just thought it would be fun to have

hehe yeah as a newbie this thing could happen but I have done alot search before going for my first one
    Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you. - Frank Lloyd Wright

Quote Originally Posted by dakotaross View Post
    Well, there's a reason I don't use it now. I was classic bottom entry which I used without issue with a pad. When I got an UQ, it was a short one so that it wasn't a problem with the bottom entry, but I could not reach out and adjust the UQ as the net had no zipper. I could've just done the 2QZQ mod, but instead decided to try different hammocks. It was then that I learned I really kind dug going netless, and of course, I found that I didn't have bug issues in the mountains where I typically hike & camp.
    Lucky You don't have Bug Issue there But the Area I decided to got for camping could have many bugs so and I just want complete bugs protection overall.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki 0deg
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    My first and current hammock is a WBBB. I just made a DIY 11 footer that I am anxious to try out, just waiting for my Dutch summer sock to arrive. One thing I found with the WBBB is that no matter how I hang it, it's always very comfortable whereas the DIY is taking a lot of fiddling. Luckily I made an adjustable ridge line for it. I think being so comfortable in a hammock comes from the 20 years of sleeping on the ground. A little calf ridge in the beginning while learning is nothing compared to a big rock in your back because you didn't notice it while setting up.

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast