Hammock
    Dream Hammock Darien
    Tarp
    SLD Asym
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Warbonnet Traveler XLC Double Layer. Now Dream Hammock Darien with Bug Net.

Hammock
    Town's End / DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    Winter Haven 13
    Insulation
    HG, SLD, DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I started out with a cheap-o, the Hammock Bliss No-See-Um-No-More. After that I joined hammock forums and bought a used Hennesy Explorer. Man, I thought I was in heaven. A REAL hammock! I thought the Hennessy hammocks were the epitome of hammocks, and I had arrived. Then I started seeing things about these 11' Dream Hammocks. I live in Ohio so I was able to meet up with Randy and Deanna to test out the different fabrics, cause I had no idea what HyperD was vs Hexon, etc. I ended up buying a Sparrow with 1.6 Hyper D and still have it to this day. (SOLD the Explorer) Then I backed the Ninox System from Sierra Madre Research, and that really is the most comfortable gathered end hammock I've been in. It is so comfy, but not the same quality as my Sparrow. Although I ended up using the Ninox more often, there were always times when I just craved the Sparrows better fabric. Since the ninox I have been content, and frankly not active on the forum for the past 3 or 4 years or what not.

Then something unusual happened. I still get emails when something goes for sale in the for sale thread, and Peppy was selling a Towns End Luxury Bridge Hammock... "A whosy-whatzit?" was my first thought. I looked into them and read up on Just Bill's site and somehow In a matter of 1 week my perfect hammock life was turned upside down and I'm now in a bridge hammock. The Luxury Bridge.

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon or DIY Robic XL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & CDT TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    First hammock was a Hennessy Expedition Asym Zip - I didn't know any better. Now I have a Dutch Chameleon and have elevated my knowledge.

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    I didn't get into this hammock thing until Nov '17 but my first, and still fave, is the DH Darien 10'x64" Robic 1.7

I have several others to choose from although for material it's always something in the 1.6-1.7 range for my weight and durability needs.
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Hammock
    Walahalla Monolite 1.5
    Tarp
    Dynemma Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Mt Washington
    Suspension
    Whoopies slings
    Images
    My 1st hammock was a $15 Groupon special. It was probably 8' with rope suspension. I bought it on a whim and didn't know anything about hammocks other that the rope spreader bar hammocks you put in your backyard. I threw the Groupon hammock in my kayak to lounge in while I was on a week long kayak camping trip but my primary sleep system was a 1 man tent. A couple of days into the trip I set up the hammock on a bank while I was stopped for the day and I'm quite sure I set it up completely wrong but it held my weight so I climbed in to give it a test. The next thing I knew I had slept through the night and had no idea what had just happened. I knew I was on to something though so I decided to explore the world of hammocks and that led me here.
    A couple of weeks ago at Hangcon I ordered a custom Walhalla hammock. Between the Groupon hammock and the Walhalla hammock have been many others. Some homemade. I'm really looking forward to getting to know my new Walhalla rig.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Hvn
    Insulation
    Apex/Down
    Suspension
    Birch/Beetle buckl
    Like Donfish06, I started with Hammock Bliss, a Sky Bed in my case. It’s actually a solid design with a pad sleeve; it lets you get a fairly flat lay in a fairly short hammock, and it’s not that hard to add a ridgeline. I still use it as a loaner sometimes. Then I got hooked like the rest of us, with a couple of Trail Lairs, an SLD Voyageur, and a Ridgerunner. I tend to switch between them for various reasons — they’re each better for different use cases, and I like fiddling with them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    My first hammock was a cheap one I bought at Costco, not sure of the brand name, but equivalent to all the others of that same type. My current varies between 3; 2 DIY (11ft 1.9 RS Dark Olive, 11ft 1.1 MARPAT poly), but typically my Warbonnet Eldorado.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Superfly/Minifly
    Insulation
    WB DB, LL Habanero
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Bought a Warbonnet Blackbird used online for cheap.

Slept in it a few times in the yard and I was hooked. Since then I've gotten a Darian FreeBird, a Warbonnet XLC and Trail Lair. Most often used these days in the Trail Lair but it just depends on what kind of trip Im going on.

Have still yet to try a camping bridge hammock. One day!

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR
    Tarp
    Dutchware Bonded
    Insulation
    Enlightened / HG
    Suspension
    HG Daisy Chain
    Images
    First hammock was a Dutchware netless and current and final is a WB RR. Once I went to the bridge I don't see myself going back. Granted, I have probably owned 20 different brands of hammocks in between but I enjoy the bridge for sure.
    Some days I can't tell whether I found a rope or lost a horse...

Hammock
    DIY 11' Chameleon clone
    Tarp
    DIY 11.5' w/doors
    Insulation
    Locolibre ,UGQ
    Suspension
    whoopies/webbing
    First hammock I laid in was a Hennessy Scout. That experience got me thinking I didn't have to give up camping. The ground just hurts too much because of some old injuries. The first hammock I bought and slept in was a Warbonnet Blackbird. I loved it so much I wanted more, so I get a Dream Hammock Sparrow 11ft. Now I sleep in an 11ft DIY Chameleon clone made of 1.7 MTN from RSBTR. I'm currently working on adding an integrated bugnet. I made a bugnet for it that works (RSBTR zippered bugnet), but I've decided I like integrated better.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-J616F using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast