Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
    Hammock
    MYOG Bridge
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Straps & Turtles
    Images
    My first hammock was a Blackbird XLC, currently I'm in my own prototype of a bridge hammock, and by this summer I'll be in my own design of a 90º hammock.
    Q: Does it get any better than kayak camping?

My first was a single width Equip with rope suspension from Walmart I used for a couple years. It did fine but I’m glad I upgraded. Then a couple years ago I got an 11’ double width Onewind with underquilt/blanket combo and it works well and is quite comfortable, just a bit heavy with the synthetic quilts. I’m currently running a Teton hammock company with built in bug net and Dutchware beetle buckles with dynema straps with carabiner for quick attach to tree, a mesh peak pocket to hold the big net when not in use, a Teton hammock company 0* underquilt, hammock gear 20* burrow, and a catch-all-sack to hold it all. It makes for a quick and easy reply setup that’s very comfortable. I’m very happy with my current setup but enjoy tweaking it.

Kyle

Hammock
    HH-BULA, ENO SN
    Tarp
    BlueCat, GI Poncho
    Insulation
    Ridgerest+Down Bag
    Suspension
    Whoopies + Straps
    Images
    First: eno single nest with GI poncho as tarp and z-rest pad under.
    Current: Hennessey backpacker ultralight. upgraded to whoopies and tarp on a separate Ridgeline. Warbonnet down underquilt.

Hammock
    SLD 1.2 Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    Beckett Hitch
    Images
    Started out with a simple Bearbutt mostly for just lounging around, still good for that. Eventually wound of getting a WB eldorado DL used it for about half dozen times and realized I wanted something lighter. Kept the double layer for my spouse and eventually got a single layer eldorado which is still my go to. At the point again where I want to go with something else as well as cut a bit more weight off so looking at the SLD Trail Lair next.

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotaross View Post
    Hennessy Explorer bottom entry was my first. No better bug protection than the bottom entry.

Been using a double layer SLD Streamliner, but recently got a custom COGS single layer, both netless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Updating a 2018 post... 4 hammocks later, I believe I have nirvana, for cool season anyway... now rocking Superior Gear 15 elite. Might be a 45 in my future (SG hammock that is).
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    Still shopping
    Tarp
    Wreck-tangles
    Insulation
    Pine Needles
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I messed with an eno singlenest in my twenties a few times, and ended up with crushed shoulders and a messed up knee. Fast forward ten years or so, and I was so disgusted with tourist-season hotel prices in Maine that I went out and bought an ENO junglenest and stealthed in the woods. Slept better than I have in years, the ridgeline made it a whole different experience. Within a week I had gone down the rabbit hole, melted my bank card, and joined this forum. -Rata

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex 11’
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    My first was a used Hennessy bottom entry. It is what I could afford at the time and while I liked the entirety of hammock camping, I hated it. The 2qzq zipper mods and swapping out suspension helped a lot, but still not what I wanted. I upgraded to a Dutchware Chameleon and love it. I like the ability to go head right and feet left. It offers a lot of versatility.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderStruck View Post
    My first was a used Hennessy bottom entry. It is what I could afford at the time and while I liked the entirety of hammock camping, I hated it. The 2qzq zipper mods and swapping out suspension helped a lot, but still not what I wanted. I upgraded to a Dutchware Chameleon and love it. I like the ability to go head right and feet left. It offers a lot of versatility.
    The Chameleon is a fine hammock but hardly the only one out there that offers a head-right, feet-left option! (A Chameleon is one of the hammocks I happily own.)

Hammock
    Dutchwear HalfZip
    Tarp
    Squidbilly made
    Insulation
    HG 20º Incubator,
    Suspension
    Straps with beetle
    Images
    I started with an eno singlenest. Wish I had opted for the double nest though.

I then had a Blackbird for a long time then switched to Dutch half zipped. I like it a lot.
    "Lets drive up to the Hills and get lost somewhere..." Chinatown by Folk Soul Revival
    Life is a Thru Hike... Hike Well. ΙΧΘΥΣ

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    11' WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    Beckett and EVOs
    I started with an original Blackbird, and after having tried a couple other hammocks I'm back to the Blackbird.

• + New Posts
  • Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast