DH - Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG 20
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles

Video: Interstate State Park - MN - Small Park

Last weekend my girlfriend and I took a trip to Interstate State Park to test out her new Dutchware Chameleon along with her new UQ. I had to work, but she was so eager to test her gear she went ahead and hiked the trails and set up the camp. The sidecar attachment on the chameleon is a really nice upgrade. Perfect for stuffing the TQ in it while you get situated for the night. So much storage!! I may see if I can get it to work with my sparrow.

Interstate State Park has some really nice views of rocky cliffsides that are strewn about the trail. It is also one of the closest parks in Minnesota that allows rock climbing. Downside is that there are two parking areas of the park on both ends of the trail, which leads to very high traffic of people. It feels like Minnesota was given a small parcel of land for the park and tried to shove as much as they could next to the river.

The campsites come off slightly claustrophobic. I woke up with a tent door about 10ft from me. Sleeping in my boxers was a bad choice. We met some friendly campers that were interested in Hammocks though, so it can't all be bad.

We agreed the park is a little too active and close together for our tastes in the end.

This is a great park for those looking for great views along the river without having to walk far. Keep in mind you have to deal with close neighbors and the noise of the highway all through the night. It is not for everyone, but if those things don't scare you away it is worth a visit.

My Youtube Channel: A Year In Camping
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiu...6KWtT23dHHXj1w

Hammock
    DIY 11' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    WINTERDREAM 11'
    Insulation
    EE TQ/HG UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    We have taken our boys to Interstate several times to hike around, always on the weekend. If the weather is nice, the park gets absolutely crawling with people. I took a motorcycle ride yesterday afternoon up to Wild River SP to scout out the car camping spots. Much more privacy up there, although you miss out on the neat bluffs that Interstate has.

Nice video.

Hammock
    11 ft DIY 1.6 HyperD Diamd Ripstop
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Head over to the Wisconsin side of the park. Interstate Wisconsin side has the western terminus of the Ice Age Trail too. Large park and beautiful.
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 99 months

Hammock
    DH - Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG 20
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger_993 View Post
    We have taken our boys to Interstate several times to hike around, always on the weekend. If the weather is nice, the park gets absolutely crawling with people. I took a motorcycle ride yesterday afternoon up to Wild River SP to scout out the car camping spots. Much more privacy up there, although you miss out on the neat bluffs that Interstate has.

Nice video.
    Thank you. You summed it up, Wild River is more private but the views aren't as nice. I like site 93 at Wild River, its way on the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Karla "with a k" View Post
    Head over to the Wisconsin side of the park. Interstate Wisconsin side has the western terminus of the Ice Age Trail too. Large park and beautiful.
    I am going to have to add it to my list of parks to check out. I have hiked near there in Governor Knowles, but not the WI Interstate side. This summer for sure, thanks for the advice!
    My Youtube Channel: A Year In Camping
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiu...6KWtT23dHHXj1w

• + New Posts